AKV-Did anyone else get the noise disclaimer?

Are your dates close to May of '08? If so, maybe they expect the villas in Jambo to be completed sooner.:confused3

We expect to be at AKV during the last week of Jan. '08, so maybe most of the retrofitting will be just about done, with only the Kidani area under construction. :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to the "juicy details" coming in once we have some of our intrepid Disboard on-site reporters in place. :lmao:

We booked Jan 5th - Jan 11th and got no disclaimer. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the CM simply forgot, given we were dealing with the '08 "system glitch" that occured that morning. My wife was on hold for quite awhile, periodically talking to the CM.

In any event, we're going in expecting SOME noise, but if they hold to the time table, I can't see how many of the Savannah view rooms will be affected TOO much. Both Kudo and Zebra trail are scheduled to be completed by december. they should be working on the surrounding lobby rooms and Ostrich and Giraffe trail...

Got the Noise warning for the Nov ressie, not the Oct one.

Does anyone know when they are breaking ground for the the new building?

johno

Nothing concrete. I would expect late this year, early next for vertical construction. There are reports that site prep is actually ongoing, now (land clearing, leveling, etc)....

We got the warning, but I wasn't surprised. I guess I assumed it was for the new bulding. I sure hope they aren't working on the unit next door to us. Now I also made a cash reservation for an AKL room for the night before we check into AKV and they didn't mention noise for that room.
We went to the AKL last week to looked around. Construction is still active at the existing building. The 5th floor elevator button was disconnected so we couldn't get on the 5th floor. The exterior windows were still covered with plastic and we could hear a small jack hammer sound coming from the floor above. The rooms are being completed in phases so they may be finished with your section but they will be working on the next section. I would expect some noise during the day but they stop working around 3:30. If you are out of your room during the day it shouldn't be a problem. We decided to wait until next year. By then the bugs will be worked out and there will be less paint and adhesive smell.

I wonder if those who are booking regular AKL (not the new DVC rooms) are also getting this disclaimer? Certainly they may be able to hear the noise as well....

I didn't get a disclaimer while making the ressie. Later in the day there was a message on my machine from the CM that took the ressie stating that there will be construction noise going on during the day and she apologized for not telling me. Thought that was nice and I expected to hear some construction noise. Does anyone know if they work on the weekends? We are booked for a weekend in Nov.

She told me that they would only be doing construction late at night so that they no one would see them and they wouldn't ruin the show. ;)

She told me that they would only be doing construction late at night so that they no one would see them and they wouldn't ruin the show. ;)

Being a construction worker on a Disney project must be a pain in the *ss. Meeting or exceeding Disney's quality standards is one thing, but being required to work in those character costumes must be very uncomfortable. :rotfl2:

We booked a Concierge Studio for 2/13/08. Should we expect to encounter noise at that point?

We booked a Concierge Studio for 2/13/08. Should we expect to encounter noise at that point?

I think there are going to be two type of construction. The immediate are the contstruction activities going on in the original AKL for the conversion. They are trying hard to get that completed by the end of this year. Our guide told us they have put some incentives out there for construction to get stuff moved up earlier.

The second long term noise for the resort is the new building construction. So, if you happen to have a room that looks in that direction you will likely hear that noise for the next 2 plus years while they build all of those buildings.

I remember staying at WL in 99/00 while VWL was underconstruction and our room faced the Villas building. It was almost done, but you could still hear saws and trucks and beeps from machines backing up etc.

Thanks for the info! I will keep my fingers crossed that the incentives will be enough to prompt them to finish near the concierge rooms before we arrive in February! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! I will keep my fingers crossed that the incentives will be enough to prompt them to finish near the concierge rooms before we arrive in February! :thumbsup2

Scottie,
Does your confirmation letter state that there will be noise during your stay? Ours did, back in May, but since then, there's been much talk about the construction process being ahead of schedule. :thumbsup2
We won't be at AKV until the end of January, but since then, I've spoken to CL staff and gotten email confirmation for our Sunrise Safari and there's been no talk of noise problems during our visit (I must admit that I didn't even ask....:guilty: ).

I believe my wife did say there was a small blurp about possible noise on it. We will just look forward to some pixie dust being sprinkled on the job site and making everything speed along! :)

I believe my wife did say there was a small blurp about possible noise on it. We will just look forward to some pixie dust being sprinkled on the job site and making everything speed along! :)

Don't worry about it. Everything will be alright. Besides each Guest gets a free Mickey Hard Hat. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter