AKV Kidani 2BR...Dedicated vs. Lock-off...Silly question

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
My sister is trying to decide which half of our 2BR she wants for her family. Well, she doesn't get our master BR;), but I told her she could choose the dedicated or the lock-off. We are staying in a standard 2BR at Kidani. Her girls will be 6 and almost 3 (one week before her birthday...squeaking in the last freebie:rotfl2:). My girls will be 11 and 9 and they will be sleeping in the living room.

I'm trying to find a floorplan for the DEDICATED 2BR at Kidani, but all I can find is the lock-off. My silly question is...what is in the place of the kitchenette in the dedicated 2BR? Is it just an open area or is there a closet of some sort? DBiL is concerned about having space to store their luggage including the stroller and car seat so he thinks a dedicated will give them a little extra space. OTOH, they like the idea of their own entrance and mini-fridge.

I see pros and cons to both, but I told her since it was her half of the villa that is effected, she can decide. So she tells ME to pick:rolleyes:.

I'm trying to find a floorplan for the DEDICATED 2BR at Kidani, but all I can find is the lock-off. My silly question is...what is in the place of the kitchenette in the dedicated 2BR? Is it just an open area or is there a closet of some sort? DBiL is concerned about having space to store their luggage including the stroller and car seat so he thinks a dedicated will give them a little extra space. OTOH, they like the idea of their own entrance and mini-fridge.

I see pros and cons to both, but I told her since it was her half of the villa that is effected, she can decide. So she tells ME to pick:rolleyes:.

The Kidani dedicated two bedroom has all of the storage space anyone can use. And you're correct, in lieu of a fridge etc. there's an additional large closet and open storage area in front of the bathroom and to the sides of the entrance.

We travel with 6-8 and prefer the dedicated, being all together sharing the kitchen. Some with maybe in-laws or parents might prefer the lock-off to have their own sitting are, coffee, fridge etc. but if you need bed space I think the sleeper sofa just a pain!

The best thing about that Kidani 2bd, the addition of a full third bathroom right at the entrance of the villa, so that those who occupy the living room, do not have to disturb anyone to use the restroom/shower!

And luckily, we always book standard and thus far in 5 stays we've always gotten views of the Pembeh Savannah!

Good luck with your trip!

We were once an all adult party and the dedicated two bedroom was perfect. No one wanted to sleep on a pull out sofa. And the storage space and third bathroom was perfect.

But with little ones, it may not make a difference. I know from having a lock-off 2 bedroom in BW, those staying in the lock off (with one child) liked not having to go into the main kitchen for their coffee. They like being able to make their own and eat their breakfast quietly at their own little table, without any possible disturbances for the rest of the party.

So agree with PP, there are pros and cons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter