AKV Question

MarineFam

Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...
We Just bought DVC last month while on the Fantasy and haven't yet used it and have never been to AKV. We are planning a trip for next April before another cruise and will be staying there with my DW, 2 DS, and my in-laws. Looking to get a 2 Bedroom Savannah view from what everyone says it is great. Now my question, There is also another family of 4 that is traveling with us and cruising too but staying at another Disney resort. Are they allowed to come and visit when we aren't all at the parks and swim with us? Thanks for the feedback.

We Just bought DVC last month while on the Fantasy and haven't yet used it and have never been to AKV. We are planning a trip for next April before another cruise and will be staying there with my DW, 2 DS, and my in-laws. Looking to get a 2 Bedroom Savannah view from what everyone says it is great. Now my question, There is also another family of 4 that is traveling with us and cruising too but staying at another Disney resort. Are they allowed to come and visit when we aren't all at the parks and swim with us? Thanks for the feedback.
They can visit but not use the pool facilities is the official answer as best I can tell. You can always ask permission but don't be surprised if you're told no. Depending on the resort and blackout dates, you may be able to Pool Hop to their resort assuming your staying on points.

Pool hopping is usually blacked out for members during holiday times. So if you are traveling around Easter, you might not be able to pool hop to your friends' resort.

So they won't be able to swim at AKV and you won't be able to swim at their resort. AKV is one resort that members cannot pool hop to because the pools are relatively small for the number of guests staying at the two buildings.

Pool hopping is usually blacked out for members during holiday times. So if you are traveling around Easter, you might not be able to pool hop to your friends' resort.

So they won't be able to swim at AKV and you won't be able to swim at their resort. AKV is one resort that members cannot pool hop to because the pools are relatively small for the number of guests staying at the two buildings.
Given the timing of Easter being so late next year, the blackout dates should be proportionately late as well, the second half of the month at the earliest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter