Alamo vs National?

maps

DIS Veteran
what would you choose and why:

feb 26-mar 8 (10days)

Alamo--full size car and quick silver service $260

National--full size car and emerald aisle $285

now that alamo is in the terminal it seems more convenient but i'm still wondering about the service.
any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Alamo, cause of the rate. They are sister companies (owned by the same corporation). You now get to select your own car from the category you rented.

Have you tried some of the rate codes that are out there for a lower rate? www.mousesavers.com has a bunch. Also, for Alamo, try the code US or TV. They came up with some pretty decent rates.

There is also a coupon out on the net for 15.00 off a National rental, you can combine that with any contract number and rate code. www.vacationoutlet.com click on car rentals then on National and it will come up.

I will say if the rate was within 10.00 of each other, I would select National's EA. We have had some great cars that way.
Keep on checking, my rated dropped about 45.00 in the span of two weeks. (with National). Right now it is at 143.66 for the week, including all taxes.

I can't speak for National, but we have used Alamo twice and they were okay...not overwhelmingly good nor bad. I would use them again if the price was right. The checkout is a pain (in addition to doing paperwork at the counter, you have to stop at a booth on the way out, which takes forever...with Avis, they assign you a car and you just leave). I don't know if Quiksilver would eliminate that or not. The cars are pretty dinged up, too, but they run fine.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I've never used Alamo, but I've used National twice and found it to be very convenient and very easy, plus the lowest price of all of them (but I usually go in September and really check the rates daily). The National counter is in the terminal as well, but if you sign up for the Emerald Club you can walk right by it, take an elevator up a few floors, jump right in vehicle, stop for a minute at the booth and be on your way. I've never had any problems and found it to be very fast and convenient. Good luck!

I haven't used either yet, we're doing our 1st trip ever 3/26, but check your rates with National I was able to get $189 for 7 days including taxes for a full size using my Disney Club id, code NHOL, and a coupon out of my Entertainment book for a 2 car upgrade.

for national, i used a combination of codes:
NHOL, the old disney club #, and the vacation outlet coupon.

for alamo, there were no more cars for the us or tv code
so i used a sam's club code.

any other code suggestions?

Hello maps- We too had a ressie with Nat'l for 9 days (1/17/03-1/26/03) @ 263.00 with all taxes and fees. A couple of days ago a tried Alamo, same time frame ,car size and used a coupon from the Entertainment book for "One free day" their rate is 198.60 including all fees and taxes. Try Alamo rate code J1- ID# 254495- and coupon code F8ZB. It comes out weekly rate of 125.99 and extra 2 days at 20.91 (minus coupon disc. of 18.65)

mark and sandra,
It is really nice to share codes, but, you need to tell people that they will have to show both the coupon and member card from the Entertainment bopk if you use the code and the coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter