"Alerts" Questions

Rylee

DIS Veteran
On the "alerts" drop down, I've been notified when there's a new post or someone quoted me, etc., but then I have 5 alerts with nothing but my avatar and they don't link me to anything. What's that all about?

I see the same. I thought it was referring to my own posts for some reason, but I see four entries with the same 8:40 timestamp.

Andre

same thing here......4 pictures of my avatar all with the same time stamp.....and on other.

That happened this morning but now my alerts all show up fine

By chance are those 4 times approximately when you first logged on to the new boards? I had 4 just like that last night. I don't think they mean anything, maybe something in the transfer of information from the old system. At least, that's my theory.

By chance are those 4 times approximately when you first logged on to the new boards?

A good theory, but I had another one show up this afternoon:

upload_2015-2-2_21-18-1.png

I think I'm going to turn most of them off anyway, as I watch any threads I've posted to anyway so I'll catch new messages that way and I suspect it will just get annoying (like Facebook).

Andre

You're right, I did have one more earlier today! I still think it's related to the transfer of info. I believe old posts are still indexing and who knows what else is going on behind-the-scenes. The Webmasters are working hard at fixes, adjustments and tweaks of all kinds today.

You're right, I did have one more earlier today! I still think it's related to the transfer of info. I believe old posts are still indexing and who knows what else is going on behind-the-scenes. The Webmasters are working hard at fixes, adjustments and tweaks of all kinds today.

I'm sure you're right. I'm just trying to mention things as I spot them, just in case they run out of things to work on.... :)

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter