All About Fixed Weeks (RIV/CCV/AUL/VGF/POLY Charts)

I don't like that it has to be a sunday-sunday. I would do it for run disney weekends but I need like a wednesday-wednesday
It is one reason I might consider a runDisney FW in the future.
But I certainly looked at the Sun-Sun as needing to buy enough points to book Fr & Sat, so of course I have a 100-point CCV in ROFR right now... ;-)

What time of year is best to get a Rivera fixed week? thoughts??

The best would be the week that you wouldn't mind going. If you hate heat, pick January. If you like Christmas there, pick December. etc.

The thing about fixed weeks is that you don't actually pay a dollar premium. You pay a point premium. You still pay the $195/pt for Riviera (before discounts) you're just required to buy the amount of points it takes for a specific week. So if you are planning on buying let's say 200 points originally, there's nothing wrong with picking the week closest to that 200 points and just having that guaranteed. It may be 190, it may be 220. Worse case scenario you get that week. Don't want it? Cancel it and book the 190 or 220 points elsewhere. You can still bank the remainder if it doesn't take the whole balance.

What time of year is best to get a Rivera fixed week? thoughts??

It depends entirely on when you want to go, because a FW means you will normally be returning every year for most of the contract. Otherwise, you're wasting money by getting the FW premium. With all that in mind, for me personally, using the chart above, I would pick a Standard View Studio week 40-46, 48, or 49. Lowest cost, Food and Wine, and getting into Christmastime with week 49. Theoretically, also, these would retain the most value on the resale market (...theoretically).

It depends entirely on when you want to go, because a FW means you will normally be returning every year for most of the contract. Otherwise, you're wasting money by getting the FW premium. With all that in mind, for me personally, using the chart above, I would pick a Standard View Studio week 40-46, 48, or 49. Lowest cost, Food and Wine, and getting into Christmastime with week 49. Theoretically, also, these would retain the most value on the resale market (...theoretically).
Agreed with you there. If I were to pick up RIV, I’d look for a fixed week - likely 43 or 44, as that gives me MNSSHP and Food & Wine. I might also consider 46 or 49. I have FWs at CCV for weeks 47&48, so when we retire, we could do 3 weeks around our favorite times. 49 gives us more Christmastime which I love. 46 gives us F&W but also Thanksgiving on the few years Thanksgiving falls that week instead of week 47.

I’d love a FW for 52, but don’t want to pay the price. I might consider week 7 and 16 which most years fall in School Vacations here, but that’s making a huge assumption my future grandkids have the same holiday breaks. :-)

I think about all the variations and don't know that it's exactly a no brainer just for a fixed week in general. For some it will be but for others not necessarily. It's been very few fixed weeks that have sold however it hasn't displayed any great premium. You can't break up the contract so if it's for a room larger than a studio and it's not a week that you intend to use virtually every year that is difficult to book? I'd recommend a regular contract. For a few particular weeks in the year in a studio that you'd also use the week then I'd consider it a possible contender.

I think about all the variations and don't know that it's exactly a no brainer just for a fixed week in general. For some it will be but for others not necessarily. It's been very few fixed weeks that have sold however it hasn't displayed any great premium. You can't break up the contract so if it's for a room larger than a studio and it's not a week that you intend to use virtually every year that is difficult to book? I'd recommend a regular contract. For a few particular weeks in the year in a studio that you'd also use the week then I'd consider it a possible contender.

I think the no brainer is if you intended to buy 10% more points than the fixed week costs anyway, you may as well add on the fixed week. You don't pay more money, the contract just requires the extra points (which you wanted to buy anyway).

If you don't intend to use the fixed week, you just cancel it and use the points like normal at 11 months. But it will be booked at 12 months should you change your mind.

The major benefit of the fixed week is it protects you from reallocation. Anyone who had a fixed week in the start of December will be getting a discount on their points after the 2021 reallocation. That week also went up against the maximum allowed in a lot of categories, so I expect another jump in 2022.

I think the no brainer is if you intended to buy 10% more points than the fixed week costs anyway, you may as well add on the fixed week. You don't pay more money, the contract just requires the extra points (which you wanted to buy anyway).

If you don't intend to use the fixed week, you just cancel it and use the points like normal at 11 months. But it will be booked at 12 months should you change your mind.

The major benefit of the fixed week is it protects you from reallocation. Anyone who had a fixed week in the start of December will be getting a discount on their points after the 2021 reallocation. That week also went up against the maximum allowed in a lot of categories, so I expect another jump in 2022.
The issue is you could have split the contracts into smaller contracts which would enhance the resale value if you did not buy fixed week

very good points, I wish they let us modify the fixed weeks even a day would be nice!

If you are planning on buying direct at either of these resorts its a no brainer to get a Fixed Week.

Why a fixed week?

I agree with you entirely! Back in January we got 2 direct contracts, one for FW after thanksgiving at 120 points, and the other for regular 130 points in a standard studio. We got the incentives they were offering for 250 pt contracts because the two totaled that much, thus ended up paying $167 per point. Put it all on my Disney Premier Visa to have time to pay it off without interest (almost there!), and got lots of Disney Rewards Dollars to boot.

My husband and I plan to go during this week almost every year and use the FW studio, and we'll have other family members joining us on certain days here and there, maybe his parents the first couple of days, mine at the end, cousins in between, etc, so we'll use the regular points to get them rooms as needed. Whatever we don't use we'l have for extra smaller trips (we drive down from NC).

Someone else on here mentioned that FW is not worth it for rooms larger than a studio since those don't book up as quickly, but I would argue that if the point charts make you come out ahead (comparing FW 2020 with 2021) then it's worth it because it still saves you points when you use it, and you don't loose anything--you can always cancel the week and use the points however you want.

Yes! Like it is our fixed week; I wish we could reduce within that week without having to cancel.

It would be so nice to be able to start the week on a Saturday! We actually like to go Saturday to Sunday, so it still works for us but I just have to try to get that first Saturday separately. If we end up at a different resort for the first night, no big deal... also no big deal to just go Sunday to Sunday if we don't want to stay elsewhere and couldn't get the first Saturday.

Folks who have to book flights to get to WDW will likely feel differently

Reactions: STA
I agree with you entirely! Back in January we got 2 direct contracts, one for FW after thanksgiving at 120 points, and the other for regular 130 points in a standard studio. We got the incentives they were offering for 250 pt contracts because the two totaled that much, thus ended up paying $167 per point. Put it all on my Disney Premier Visa to have time to pay it off without interest (almost there!), and got lots of Disney Rewards Dollars to boot.

My husband and I plan to go during this week almost every year and use the FW studio, and we'll have other family members joining us on certain days here and there, maybe his parents the first couple of days, mine at the end, cousins in between, etc, so we'll use the regular points to get them rooms as needed. Whatever we don't use we'l have for extra smaller trips (we drive down from NC).

Someone else on here mentioned that FW is not worth it for rooms larger than a studio since those don't book up as quickly, but I would argue that if the point charts make you come out ahead (comparing FW 2020 with 2021) then it's worth it because it still saves you points when you use it, and you don't loose anything--you can always cancel the week and use the points however you want.

Does Chase give high limits on the Disney Premier Visa? That's over $40,000 for the 250 points.
I have multiple Chase cards but none with over $40,000 limits.

Does Chase give high limits on the Disney Premier Visa? That's over $40,000 for the 250 points.
I have multiple Chase cards but none with over $40,000 limits.
I have two Chase cards, Disney and Amazon. Called Chase to transfer credit from Amazon to Disney, husband did the same from his SW Chase to his Disney. You still have to leave some credit on the other card, but pretty minimal. The whole thing was a little under 42k, plus closing fees. Divided between the two cards each card only needed to have about 21-22k in credit. Mine had 24k so good to go. So it worked out for us, might be too convoluted for someone else. But I do love the 6 months no interest they provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter