All Star Movies gets no love! Here's a review

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
When researching for our May 1-6 trip I didn't see a lot of love for ASM. This was our first hotel back in December of '99 when it was still new and held a special place for our family. We have stayed at all the All Stars over the years with different experiences and had a couple of short stays at ASM as well. We love Pop Century but I can't see spending that much more for the Skyliner, and I found out this trip I hate the Skyliner so we may never stay there again.

23 years later and All Star Movies was still fantastic! It's big and gaudy and noisy and fits our WDW vibe. We arrived around 8:30 am on Sunday may 1st and had originally done online check in. Well silly me forgot to change the credit card I had on file and had to stop at the front desk anyway. Check in was fast and I got a birthday button without even asking. I had sent in a room request through Touring Plans for one of their quieter rooms they suggested, we were a premium room although that wasn't a priority. They had a couple of rooms available in Fantasmic that early and she asked if that would be ok so off to room 8737 we go with our luggage. It was ground floor and the bottom of the T. We faced a small parking lot between Toy Story and Fantasmic and it was really quiet, well except for our neighbors but that's always a crap shoot.

I love the refurbished rooms and it was great for an adult trip. My daughter had the bed and I used the murphy bed and they were both comfortable. We kept it down all week but for a couple I can see this would add a lot of space with it up. Our room was super clean and even with the reduced maid service they changed our towels and emptied our trash each day. That was nice because I thought we would have to ask for more. There was a lot of room on the bathroom vanity even with two adult women. This was a nice design feature and I wish they had this when my kids were little. Same with the sliding door, great feature that kept us from disturbing each other and gave us a little privacy.

We only ate in the food court once for breakfast the first morning. We both got the bagel, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich and I wish we had mobile ordered them every morning. Breakfast in the parks was lacking this trip.

We had a little hick-up with grocery delivery through Instacart. We are commando park goers so we went to Epcot that morning and had scheduled delivery around lunchtime. They dropped it off, put the wrong first name so I'm now Linda and dumped my cupcakes. The manager at bell services was fantastic when we picked it up but because of the name mix up I had to show my order confirmation. We were able to use a luggage cart to take the water back to the room and just returned it later.

The resort was clean and while we didn't take time to swim this trip it looked great. Several mornings the CMs were lined up leading into the main building wishing you a good morning and it was a sweet way to start the day. The buses were plentiful and we only waited one afternoon. I still don't like that the bus stops aren't covered and there was only one monitor to tell you bus times and it was at the first bus stop, both minor complaints.

Overall we had a great stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

We really liked ASM when we stayed there in 2017 but have since stayed at the Pop because we absolutely love the skyliner. In 2017, ASM had a dedicated dessert counter that made specialty milk shakes and had a "shake of the day". Did you notice if they still have that dessert counter and have specialty milk shakes? Thanks.

We've stayed at ASMo for 4 of our stays and love it. For the amount of time we spend in the room, it's perfect. Rooms are clean and well laid out for a small room. The pool is great! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Glad you found you WDW home. Your review really shows your love.
Shows that there's different type of resorts just to suit all the different types of people. What one loves, another wouldn't be paid to stay in, and vice versa.

We stayed there in March for two nights after five at yacht club. Other than the letdown from deluxe to value, we liked the resort. Stayed in ducks which was a close walk to the movies bus. The pool was right there. Wasn’t far from the movies main building, and we parked an easy walk to the room. We liked the food court options more than the qs options at yc/bc.

It was loud until the pool closed in the evenings, and the room was smaller, but honestly we too enjoyed it. I’d much rather yacht club but it comes with a much heftier price tag (especially for how much we are in the room).

We were there at the same time! On the pre check in I requested pool area (booked standard) and got Mighty Ducks, room 3712, 1st floor. It was exactly what I was hoping! We were on the back side of the building, just across the road from Music. We used Music's buses in the morning and took whichever one (Music or Movies) came first from the park.

Everything was clean, we only had one dinner and one breakfast there but both were good. Did not wait very long for buses. Lots of dance and cheer kids, all well behaved and not overly loud.

I was there for two nights in April and was pleasantly surprised. I had stayed in Sports in the past at the front end of a split stay and it served its purposes but not somewhere I'd say I'd want to say an entire trip. I really liked the new rooms, never had bad bus service. I went to the front desk when I arrived because I was early just to let them know I was there and see if they knew where my room was going to be so I could move my car. The CM searched on the computer and found me an open room in Mighty Ducks. It was on the first floor sort of on the pool side and a quick easy walk to the main building. The CMs were all pleasant and helpful (except maybe the cashiers at the food court but I don't think I've ever had a pleasant one of those). I only ate the FC for breakfast but it was fast and I didn't have any problems finding a table, which is normally a big complaint at the values. I didn't try the pools but both looked nice enough, the lack of a hot tub is an issue for me, which is one of the reasons for a split stay. Although I do like that the rooms have an actual tub so I did soak in that. My son is thinking about staying there with his wife and baby later in the year and I told him not to hesitate. I agree with the sky liner issue at Pop, I'll never stay there again because I'm not a fan, I actually think the buses are quicker since you don't have to go through the whole transfer and stand in another line thing with them.

We have stayed at all levels and while I love the Deluxes they are too quiet for our WDW stays. We come back at night and it's like we are in a nursing home!
Well, they may be quiet but after the constant bombardment of noise in the parks, a bit of peace and quiet is nice. I've often said the Value resorts are loud when they are empty. But that's due to their OTTP design

My adult kids and my husband and I stayed at ASM for 9 nights last summer. It was awesome! We have stayed at all 3 all stars, all moderates and 3 deluxes in the past. as long as we are on property, we are generally fine with any resort. Except Caribbean Beach…..the buses….☹️

I have stayed at ASM twice now and found it perfectly suitable! It has a fun vibe!

May I ask what you don't like about the Skyliner? I'm planning to book CBR for Skyliner access. We've never stayed in a Skyliner resort yet so I'm curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter