All Star Movies Renovations

Do you have a shower only room or a tub/shower combo? Also are there grab bars in the tub or shower area? I am travelling with a senior and have a preferred room booked but the pictures I have seen online do not show if there is still the grab bars or not.

So apparently there are different bathroom layouts. Our bathroom is one big room with shower/tub (NO handrails in shower, but yes handrails by the toilet), and sink all together with NO shelving/storage space whatsoever in the bathroom. My parents and sister have the next two rooms beside us (theirs are adjoining) and their bathrooms each have a pull out door in between the combined shower/tub/toilet area and the sink area is separate. And they have the tons of shelving space like we’ve seen in pics posted. Definitely better than what we have. We still have the big slide across door between the big combined bathroom and the bed area but no privacy beteeen the toilet/shower and sink area to get ready. For some reason, our dresser drawer unit under the mounted TV is also half the size of my family’s rooms which means half the drawer space. This allows for more floor space along that wall. It’s as if it was going to be a handicapped accessible room but then they didn’t put a walk in / roll in shower. Interestingly, after we left to go to the pool this afternoon my sister noticed 3 men in suits with construction vests overtime come into my room for a few minutes. I wonder if we’re the first to be in this room? Very strange.

So apparently there are different bathroom layouts. Our bathroom is one big room with shower/tub (NO handrails in shower, but yes handrails by the toilet), and sink all together with NO shelving/storage space whatsoever in the bathroom. My parents and sister have the next two rooms beside us (theirs are adjoining) and their bathrooms each have a pull out door in between the combined shower/tub/toilet area and the sink area is separate. And they have the tons of shelving space like we’ve seen in pics posted. Definitely better than what we have. We still have the big slide across door between the big combined bathroom and the bed area but no privacy beteeen the toilet/shower and sink area to get ready. For some reason, our dresser drawer unit under the mounted TV is also half the size of my family’s rooms which means half the drawer space. This allows for more floor space along that wall. It’s as if it was going to be a handicapped accessible room but then they didn’t put a walk in / roll in shower. Interestingly, after we left to go to the pool this afternoon my sister noticed 3 men in suits with construction vests overtime come into my room for a few minutes. I wonder if we’re the first to be in this room? Very strange.
Sounds like you are in a handicap accessible room that just doesn't have a roll-in shower. Some handicap accessible rooms do not have a roll-in shower, but they do have higher toilets and more space to move around the room.

I have only noticed construction on the Fantasia building as we were at the pool and they’re working on that side on floors 2 and 3. I’ll take a stroll around tomorrow.
Thanks for checking this out! We check in on July 3rd and were hoping for ground floor in that building. I’m ok w non refurbed room. Maybe is should request building 5 instead....

Thanks for checking this out! We check in on July 3rd and were hoping for ground floor in that building. I’m ok w non refurbed room. Maybe is should request building 5 instead....
I walked all around the resort this morning. Building 10 has no construction so I’m assuming done. Building 9 I noticed finish type work on Floor 1, curtains are in bags but new furniture all looks in place. Building 8 is in complete construction mode, all floors, all around. Blocked off from entry. No other apparent construction in any other section.

I walked all around the resort this morning. Building 10 has no construction so I’m assuming done. Building 9 I noticed finish type work on Floor 1, curtains are in bags but new furniture all looks in place. Building 8 is in complete construction mode, all floors, all around. Blocked off from entry. No other apparent construction in any other section.
Thanks for the update!

Because of the terrific updates and photos, I made our deposit for summer 2019 at ASMO (preferred Toy Story)! Enjoying all the posts/comments! Our first trip with our son was way back in 2005, he was 4 we stayed at newly built POP..now for his high school graduation we are visiting MOVIES..HAHA..we always stay a kid..(there is a little bit of "Andy" saying goodbye)

Because of the terrific updates and photos, I made our deposit for summer 2019 at ASMO (preferred Toy Story)! Enjoying all the posts/comments! Our first trip with our son was way back in 2005, he was 4 we stayed at newly built POP..now for his high school graduation we are visiting MOVIES..HAHA..we always stay a kid..(there is a little bit of "Andy" saying goodbye)
You'll have a great time! I've really appreciated everyone's help with the updates and pictures!

Thank you so much for the update! I'm hoping once Building 9 is completely done they'll begin work on Building 5? They are doing all preferred first?

Thank you so much for the update! I'm hoping once Building 9 is completely done they'll begin work on Building 5? They are doing all preferred first?
I’m not sure but you’d think so. Maybe someone who followed the Pop renovation progression recently could advise.

I agree with the guess building 7 as next. The flow to that building is the reason. This would be great, as I have a standard room booked.

I stood in line for Summit Plummet today and chatted with somebody staying at ASMo. When I asked about the construction he told me they're currently working on the Fantasia section. I don't know if this means the Toy Story section is done but it sounds like if they're now working on the Fantasia section they are making immense progress! It was not like this during the POP rennov.

You should be able to request an ADA room that is handicap accessable. I am sure every resort building has many of them. Make your request known to the cm when you call. Those rooms have bars all over.

I have All Stars Movies Standard Room booked for early september. Will request building 7 and hope for the best.

I hope that all of the rooms will be finished by the end of February! I am part of a Herbie the Love Bug group and Herbie's 50th anniversary/birthday will be in mid-March. Our group will be having a meetup and many of us are staying at ASMo, hopefully in the Love Bug wing. Our group coordinator has already reserved a block of rooms for us. They have also contacted Disney about Herbie's 50th birthday and hopefully, Disney will help us celebrate Herbie's big birthday. There will be several Herbie's at the resort during our stay, including mine, although he is a newer, late model Herbie!

Just got back! Stayed in a refurb room in Toy Story. No construction around us. Some taking place in the Fantasia area. Overall a fantastic stay!

Just got back! Stayed in a refurb room in Toy Story. No construction around us. Some taking place in the Fantasia area. Overall a fantastic stay!
Did it look like they were completely done with the toy story section? Glad you got a new room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter