All Star Music

ktink

DIS Veteran
So.. I’ve been aboard the hot mess express.. changing resorts multiple times. I had been waiting on Pop to open up with free dining & was able to book it. Then I did the math and added an extra night onto our stay and changed over to All Star Music.

Tell me all about Music, please. :)

My home away from home for a decade!

Room: No microwave, smaller space than moderates/deluxes so if you're uncomfortable with that I suggest upgrading, curtain to separate sink area (as opposed to sliding doors), comes with a fridge, 2 double beds.

Pro: In your face Disney decorations that I absolutely love and definitely an economical choice.
Con: This hotel has the most walking out of all the other All Stars for a standard room because of the layout. If you do not want to walk more I suggest a preferred room. Also, they share buses with the other All Stars which is problematic when leaving crowded parks at the end of the night (they pack you in like sardines).

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to reach out to me. Loads of experience with this hotel.

My home away from home for a decade!

Room: No microwave, smaller space than moderates/deluxes so if you're uncomfortable with that I suggest upgrading, curtain to separate sink area (as opposed to sliding doors), comes with a fridge, 2 double beds.

Pro: In your face Disney decorations that I absolutely love and definitely an economical choice.
Con: This hotel has the most walking out of all the other All Stars for a standard room because of the layout. If you do not want to walk more I suggest a preferred room. Also, they share buses with the other All Stars which is problematic when leaving crowded parks at the end of the night (they pack you in like sardines).

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to reach out to me. Loads of experience with this hotel.

Thanks for the info! We are definitely going for the budget friendly factor. It will just be me & DH so walking and the smaller room size won’t be an issue. I’m sure I will have plenty of questions between now & September.

I have stayed there every year since 2009. Go to the front desk and ask for Sibil. Tell her Pete and Linda from Michigan says hi. Sibil is one of whom we consider "Family" when we travel down to WDW and AS Music every year. She is one of the main reasons we stay at Music every year. The staff there are the best in the world. We were just there in February and we can't wait until we are back in 278 days. Music is not a four star hotel, you knew that already so there shouldn't be this "I was expecting so muuch more". Music is clean, friendly and I can't say enough about the staff, many of whom have been there for years and when we return every year we get a lot of hugs. Enjoy your visit and if there are ever any problems, go to the front desk. That is what they are there for.

I have stayed there every year since 2009. Go to the front desk and ask for Sibil. Tell her Pete and Linda from Michigan says hi. Sibil is one of whom we consider "Family" when we travel down to WDW and AS Music every year. She is one of the main reasons we stay at Music every year. The staff there are the best in the world. We were just there in February and we can't wait until we are back in 278 days. Music is not a four star hotel, you knew that already so there shouldn't be this "I was expecting so muuch more". Music is clean, friendly and I can't say enough about the staff, many of whom have been there for years and when we return every year we get a lot of hugs. Enjoy your visit and if there are ever any problems, go to the front desk. That is what they are there for.

I will be happy to tell Sibil hi for you! I’m really looking forward to our stay after reading your post :)

We are booked at Music for 7 nights next month. Our go to value resort is Pop but at $300 more for the stay it was not worth it (to us). We have already been to Music back in 2014 and loved it. We did share busses at the time quite a bit but at the end of the day you get to stay onsite with all the perks that entails at bargain basement prices....cannot beat that! Have a great trip.

I've never really waiting more than 15 minutes for a bus at music.. just timing it right I guess.

I love music! we've been 2x the in last 3 years. I think the property is beautiful, landscaping and decor, especially Broadway at night.

there is no hot tub, no table service, but if those things don't matter, you'll be fine.

never had an issue with the food court. my biggest complaint is the bus stop area isn't protected from the sun. they could easily put up sun shades. other than that, we enjoyed the property and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Glad to hear the positives of this resort! We are also long time POP fans and have stayed there every trip (except one time when we tried POR). Now I am afraid POP prices might go up more and we just need a clean room to sleep in as we are in the parks from opening to closing. We have been considering Music. It is just DH and I.

Another plus is Music is "between" Sports and Movies so when we stay at Music,when returning from a Park if a Sports or Movies bus comes before a Music bus(IF the 3 Resorts aren't "sharing" at the time)we will hop on the Sports or Movies bus and then walk back to Music.:)

It is a bit of a walk,but we would rather do that than stand at a Bus Stop and also it affords a chance to "enjoy" the other 2 All-Stars.:)

Wonder how many of the rooms will be renovated by the time we go in August 2019? How much of a chance we would have to get one.

Wonder how many of the rooms will be renovated by the time we go in August 2019? How much of a chance we would have to get one.
I missed that they are renovating the rooms! Awesome!

I have stayed at the family suites twice (2015 & 2016). All of the above are tue in pros and cons...
When we were there both years, we did share the busses with the other all stars (usually going to a park)...at night (at least during peak times like after fireworks) they usually had their own bus.

The decor inside the rooms could stand to be updated a bit, as they are starting to show their age, but still enjoyed it here a lot more (honestly a lot more than I anticipated...as my go to value has always been POP too!)

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter