All Star Sports Pictures

Storm coming - First week of June 2012

8982ed1ed-XL.jpg

Wonderful photos! We usually visit first-second week of June. I would love to stay here with our DS(11) during a June visit. We don't mind the value resorts but I am always hesitant to book Sports because of the large youth groups that I read about staying here.

Thanks to all of you for posting those pictures - even of the food choices! I love it!! We'll be there the end of September and can not wait!!!! We did request the Surfs Up building because we want to be close to the pool and laundry room! :) Does anyone know if we check in online if we can again ask for a specific room??? (Which room numbers face the pool?) Thanks so much! :)

You're welcome!

I was a bit hesitant to stay at ASSports as well but the experience was fine and the only groups there during my five days were two high school graduation groups easily identified by their t-shirts. And they were staying in a different part of ASSports entirely.

The only problem I had with one of them was at a bus stop at the AK when a group of 'aggressive girls' from one of these bypassed the line que and moved right ahead of waiting families etc. and boarded the almost full bus; keeping everyone else in line from getting on! I never saw a single adult chaperone with either group which bothered me. I taught and chaperoned groups on overnight trips and chaperones definitely play the biggest role here!

If I were planning another stay at ASSports, I would carefully check the weeks for events and if necessary book a preferred room. And I would NEVER stay during POP Warner events in December etc.

smallworldnh said:
Thanks to all of you for posting those pictures - even of the food choices! I love it!! We'll be there the end of September and can not wait!!!! We did request the Surfs Up building because we want to be close to the pool and laundry room! :) Does anyone know if we check in online if we can again ask for a specific room??? (Which room numbers face the pool?) Thanks so much! :)

I just read on mouse savers there will be a pool closure at sports . I don't recall dates but I do know when we are there in August it will be closed,

I just read on mouse savers there will be a pool closure at sports . I don't recall dates but I do know when we are there in August it will be closed,

from the mfl site:

Surfboard Bay Pool and Kiddie Pool at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort will be closed for refurbishment August 6 through September 7, 2012. The Grand Slam Pool will remain open. Guests may also take advantage of the four other pools offered at Disney's All-Star Music Resort or Disney's All-Star Movies Resort.

You're welcome!

I was a bit hesitant to stay at ASSports as well but the experience was fine and the only groups there during my five days were two high school graduation groups easily identified by their t-shirts. And they were staying in a different part of ASSports entirely.

The only problem I had with one of them was at a bus stop at the AK when a group of 'aggressive girls' from one of these bypassed the line que and moved right ahead of waiting families etc. and boarded the almost full bus; keeping everyone else in line from getting on! I never saw a single adult chaperone with either group which bothered me. I taught and chaperoned groups on overnight trips and chaperones definitely play the biggest role here!

If I were planning another stay at ASSports, I would carefully check the weeks for events and if necessary book a preferred room. And I would NEVER stay during POP Warner events in December etc.

Kathy, your pictures are awesome! I've never stayed at All Star Sports, but seeing your pics makes me want to give it a try. What kind of camera do you use?

Kathy, your pictures are awesome! I've never stayed at All Star Sports, but seeing your pics makes me want to give it a try. What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks Jessie!

Sorry to take so long to answer!

I use two different Canon cameras:
---a Canon G12 which is a very high end point and shoot but does video also
---an older dSLR, the Canon XSi which I am hoping to replace soon!

My pictures are shot in raw format and then processed into jpeg.

Any photographer worth their 'salt' will tell you though that the secret is in getting beyond simple point and shoot cameras and learning how to use them!

Pretty excited, just booked our vacation for December. Anyone have any pics of All Star sports decorated for Christmas?

I have some pics to share from back in May :) [br]

Surfs Up Room
579329_4004891845391_356103337_n.jpg

[br]
Surfs Up
581047_4004911325878_1498788328_n.jpg

[br]
Surfboard Bay
535250_4004895525483_819124289_n.jpg

[br]
Afternoon Pool Games at Surfboard Bay
525908_4004908845816_524698855_n.jpg

[br]
527918_4004909925843_955834654_n.jpg

[br]
539968_4004909645836_1255494929_n.jpg

[br]
532669_4004913725938_718689891_n.jpg

[br]
525962_4004910285852_2010914581_n.jpg

[br]
540267_4004910605860_805253501_n.jpg

I just received an email from DIS updates and it says that the Surfboard Bay pool is closed to the end of September!!!! :( Please say it isn't so - we'll be there 9/22 and requested a poolside room since it's important to us. A previous poster said until Sept. 7 or something like that. Does anyone know for sure when the pool will be open again??? Thanks!

i pulled the sept 7th date up from mouse for less updates.

i have not checked back into that site since i posted what was printed there.

call the hotel directly and ask them the dates the pool will be closed.

i have found that you can get the info sooner from other sites, than the disney site for changes.

i'll be in that pinch too if the refurb date has been extended.

i pulled the sept 7th date up from mouse for less updates.

i have not checked back into that site since i posted what was printed there.

call the hotel directly and ask them the dates the pool will be closed.

i have found that you can get the info sooner from other sites, than the disney site for changes.

i'll be in that pinch too if the refurb date has been extended.

I'll do that macraven. I'm actually waiting to hear from my daughter to see if she wants to try to switch to another hotel or not. We paid for a preferred specifically for the pool. At the least, I would hope they would refund the preferred price. I'll post what they tell me. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter