'All the planning,rearranging and time spent on mde seems exhausting-

married2mm

DIS Veteran
Is it worth it?'

Was a question from a family friend & clearly:
Yes, it's time consuming ; but in a terribly fun way.
It's not an ordeal..

Mde not working is more of an issue.

Dumbo stole anytime fast-passes from us-that was confusing!

Is the whole process too much?!

I really don't see a choice. You do it or you wait in stand by everywhere for rides.

Now, where I defer is I'm not so keen on any certain ride. I enjoy all of them. So, it makes it easier to get FPs. I rather have certain time slots then worry about which ride.

I will say I liked the paper fastpasses better.

Finally, I'm not pleased that the Disney Spring resorts are allowed the 60 day window, now. This does make it harder.

I spent more than a week's worth of time over the last few months just researching the train system, train schedules, bus schedules, boat schedules, and other transportation options for our Italy trip (just came back - it was totally worth the time!) so I don't find MDE in the least exhausting or too much of a process. Given that, for Italy, I had to research and book (in cooperation with friends who live elsewhere): multiple transportation methods, sights not to miss and book in advance (sometimes from websites in Italian or not good English translations) or figure out how to get there early in the morning to buy tickets, Airbnbs, correct power converters, and just general overall information, Disney seems sooo much easier and at least all of the information and booking is all in pretty much one place. For those who complain about having to book dining 180 days in advance - I'd rather have that than be searching around while starving for a place that's got decent reviews that's actually open when you need it that you can actually find and that has space for you. While worrying about whether they speak enough English to ensure you don't eat something you're allergic to. Totally amazing trip but planning was exhausting. Disney is easy.

I spent more than a week's worth of time over the last few months just researching the train system, train schedules, bus schedules, boat schedules, and other transportation options for our Italy trip (just came back - it was totally worth the time!) so I don't find MDE in the least exhausting or too much of a process. Given that, for Italy, I had to research and book (in cooperation with friends who live elsewhere): multiple transportation methods, sights not to miss and book in advance (sometimes from websites in Italian or not good English translations) or figure out how to get there early in the morning to buy tickets, Airbnbs, correct power converters, and just general overall information, Disney seems sooo much easier and at least all of the information and booking is all in pretty much one place. For those who complain about having to book dining 180 days in advance - I'd rather have that than be searching around while starving for a place that's got decent reviews that's actually open when you need it that you can actually find and that has space for you. While worrying about whether they speak enough English to ensure you don't eat something you're allergic to. Totally amazing trip but planning was exhausting. Disney is easy.
I was just going to say the exact opposite! It's much easier to just wing it in Italy and everything is much more flexible, which I needed since I was shepherding 4 friends. At Disney, you do it their way and that's it. About the only thing I thought was remotely similar to Disney is having to get up early to avoid the crowds. The Trevi Fountain at 1 pm is as bad as MK over spring break!

But I think I bring a lot of the stress on myself, partly, and part of it is just the situation having to work around kids' schedules. I should do what @Queen of the WDW Scene does. I do know what I want. I'm just working it from every angle and I ought to just chill.

Last edited:
It can be exhausting or it doesn’t have to be. It’s up to each party to determine their expectations and how they want to handle it. On Monday, I booked my on site stay with tickets, my flight, downloaded the mde app, and selected all of my fast passes during my lunch hour.

Obviously, I’m not going to be able to do everything but it definitely wasn’t exhausting.

When everything works, yes... when MDE goes down and you are at the mercy of an unreliable system after spending thousands of dollars... not so much

I do my research before I get to the MDE stage. It does take some time but I love it. The once I get to the MDE state of things I have my lists and I try and stick with them. It's not always possible ( my husband always throws at least 1 challenge my way ) but the changes are minimal.

I always call our trips One And Done and this past June we did our 5th. About 10 days later I began planning #6 which will not be until Feb 2021. Love the planning. The 9 year old actually came up and told me we had to make some changes since Artists Point was going to be a character meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter