All you have to do is ask.

BbearRosenfeld

I see a little bit of a Disney in everything
We got to ride front of the monorail about 6 times on our 4 day trip just because we asked, not because we were the first ones in line. Alot of people didn't realize this and would be standing over there assuming that that would automatically make them eligible for sitting up front. As soon as you walk up to the monorail station, find a cast member and ask them and that will reserve your rights to the front.
Also, ask for a co-pilot's license, otherwise they won't give you one. At least during our 6 journeys, the driver never once offered one, I had to ask everytime.

I've taken family members and friends for their first trips and always ask that they be allowed to ride up front. They think I'm the most informed insider they've ever known! I don't dispute it (even though I learned it on these boards)

I was wondering if anyone else has been limited to the number of people allowed to ride up front? When we asked last May, we were told there was a limit of 4 "bodies". Me, DH, DD-8, DS-1. My Mom had to ride by herself in the next car with the umbrella stroller. Had I known, I wouldn't have asked. Also, does anyone ever ride in the last section?

There is an absolute, firm rule of only 4 passengers up front. This was enforced EVERY time. On this past trip, we rode up front twice and my husband and I took turns sitting up with the 3 kids. We didn't mind at all.

Riding up front is an absolute must do. It adds a whole new perspective to riding the monorail. I tto have wondered about riding in the back.

The front car really is a must do! I make an effort for it every visit!

Am I the only one that doesn't like to ride in the front of the Monorail?!!! My kids at DH love it but I couldn't tolerate it & couldn't wait to get off. DH & 3 DD's do it every chance they get but no thanks for me!!

I know there is a rule of only 4 guests in the front. Last time I was there I was on a solo trip. I asked and was allowed to ride in the front. I also told the CM that I would gladly share my ride with others if anyone asked. A father and 2 sons joined me.

I asked to ride up front and DH looked at me like I was out of my mind.

You should have seen his face when they said, "Sure" and we climbed aboard (along with another couple - probably the youngest kid among us was 37).

After the ride he kept asking me "how did you know to ask that?"

Hmmmm, I wonder?

I really think that was the highlight of his trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter