Allure/Oasis Equivalent of Edge for 12 YO?

ps17

DIS Veteran
We have been on multiple Disney cruises and also a single Oasis cruise a few years ago.

We need to make a decision this upcoming weekend on Fantasy/Dream vs Allure. Last time we went on the Dream, our then 11YO hung out at the Edge (I think that is what it was called - up in the stack by the dumbotron). Anyhow, not part of any formal program but just playing video games (his favorite) he was able to meet with other boys and make friends/connectins which he hung out with and made the trip attractive to him (and us).

Is there an equivalent "hang out" area on the Allure (independent of formal programs) for 12 year olds on the Allure?

What did you decide? We we're also deciding about the two, Fantasy or Allure, and ended up booking Allure.

We are going on the Dream 4 day so that we can split a vacation with Disney/Universal.

We have been on both Oasis and Fantasy and would say that if you are a multiple time Disney cruiser and your kids get older you MUST take a trip on Allure/Oasis.

Having said that if your kids are young and you have never been before, Fantasy is the obvious choice.

There is this progression: Younger kids/first time cruisers = Disney. Older/repeat cruisers = Allure/Oasis

We have been on multiple Disney cruises and also a single Oasis cruise a few years ago.

We need to make a decision this upcoming weekend on Fantasy/Dream vs Allure. Last time we went on the Dream, our then 11YO hung out at the Edge (I think that is what it was called - up in the stack by the dumbotron). Anyhow, not part of any formal program but just playing video games (his favorite) he was able to meet with other boys and make friends/connectins which he hung out with and made the trip attractive to him (and us).

Is there an equivalent "hang out" area on the Allure (independent of formal programs) for 12 year olds on the Allure?

Yes, and it blows DCL's edge out of the water. As per my DS that just turned 14 ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter