Aloha, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas

We did a fly to Spain and spend time exploring then got on a cruise and cruised back to Miami, Now that was awesome. There was no jet lag on that one, it was the greatest come back from Europe yet. Maybe you could try to cruise from South hampton to Ft Lauderdale. They fly back over night.

We did a fly to Spain and spend time exploring then got on a cruise and cruised back to Miami, Now that was awesome. There was no jet lag on that one, it was the greatest come back from Europe yet. Maybe you could try to cruise from South hampton to Ft Lauderdale. They fly back over night.

I have thought in the past it would be nice to fly to the USA, spend some time there and then cruise back. I was thinking more in terms of cruising from New York though on one of the Cunard ships. I rather like the idea of getting to wear a gown every night.

Corinna

Yay for getting to Paradise Pier. We used super shuttle on our trip and on arrival I was highly confused trying to find them lol!

How apropos. I just posted my return to CA as you are arriving. Had we flown into the same airport we may have crossed paths. Two cranky travellers! :rotfl2:

Glad you made it safe and sound. Settling in to listen to your story. :hyper:

Off to a fantastic start! That was so nice of your coworkers to give you the card and money! Dinner looks very good.

I sometimes think about staying close to the airport but being only 20 minutes away it doesn't make sense!

BTW, if you like PF Changs, they have a fast casual concept called Pei Wei which has same or similar food at a cheaper price. I swear the lettuce wraps are the same recipe!

Jill in CO

This new quote system sucks. Anyway, I agree, the lettuce wraps taste exactly the same. I like Chamgs better than Pei Wei though in general.

I think the trip report may need to take a little unscheduled break. My computer stopped working earlier today. I think the hard disk may be gone. I will see if I can have her checked over at the Apple Store tomorrow. In the meantime, I have to make do with my iPad and I can't figure out how to post photos on this. Hopefully it is something simple that can be fixed on the spot, but I may be without my computer for a week or so.

Corinna

Oh no! That's so annoying. I hope the techbar can help you out!

Hope your computer will get repaired easily and without too much trouble!

Sounds like a relatively smooth but very long travel day. Too bad about the long shuttle wait at the end. I hope you were able to use the Earl Of Sanwich vouchers at DL.

Sorry about your computer, fingers crossed it doesn't take too much trouble to get fixed.

Ugh, since the board update I'm not getting email notifications when there is an update!

I hate the Philly airport so I'm glad you had a good experience! The Eos is rather small. If you fly through Philly again, check out Chickie and Pete's. It's a sports bar but their Crab Fries and mussels are amazing!

That was a long day of travelling and sorry you had to wait on the shuttle so long. Glad you made it though!

Good luck on the computer repair!

Jill in CO

Off to a flying start! Getting to the US in 7 hours pricessless! That is great. Sounds like US airlines are good. Nice to know. What a shame about mini Earl! But sounds like you got a good dinner subsitute. Oh my at the end of trains, planes and automobiles you just want to be in your room. I am sorry for the delay with the shuttle. Hopefully the night brought a peaceful slumber and tomorrow a fresh new Corinna and Graham. Looking forward to next update when you fix your computer. I find when it's an apple computer it is usually a problem at the core. Sorry couldn't resist that one...

I hope they get your computer fixed quickly. That's a bummer. I may need to do the same. Last time I did a restart it was rather rocky to get things going again. I hope it's a quick fix.

Multi-quote on the iPhone should be an interesting experience. Let's see how this goes.

Yay for getting to Paradise Pier. We used super shuttle on our trip and on arrival I was highly confused trying to find them lol!

Yes, they are not always easy to find and especially not at Lax. That is why I went on a search while Graham was waiting for the luggage.

Thank you for the PM. :flower3:

Welcome on board.

How apropos. I just posted my return to CA as you are arriving. Had we flown into the same airport we may have crossed paths. Two cranky travellers! :rotfl2:

Glad you made it safe and sound. Settling in to listen to your story. :hyper:

I had not made that connection even though I knew that we were flying in at the same day. Looks like my timing is impeccable;)

Oh no! That's so annoying. I hope the techbar can help you out!

I hope so, too. I am heading there now.

Hope your computer will get repaired easily and without too much trouble!

Thanks, so do I. I wonder what we ever did without computers.

Sounds like a relatively smooth but very long travel day. Too bad about the long shuttle wait at the end. I hope you were able to use the Earl Of Sanwich vouchers at DL.

Sorry about your computer, fingers crossed it doesn't take too much trouble to get fixed.

Thanks. I never did get to use those vouchers.

Ugh, since the board update I'm not getting email notifications when there is an update!

I hate the Philly airport so I'm glad you had a good experience! The Eos is rather small. If you fly through Philly again, check out Chickie and Pete's. It's a sports bar but their Crab Fries and mussels are amazing!

That was a long day of travelling and sorry you had to wait on the shuttle so long. Glad you made it though!

Good luck on the computer repair!

Jill in CO

Thanks. I think I have all my email notifications back now. We had a look at Chickie and Pete's on the way back, but dismissed it as I don't eat seafood and it was also quite noisy.

Off to a flying start! Getting to the US in 7 hours pricessless! That is great. Sounds like US airlines are good. Nice to know. What a shame about mini Earl! But sounds like you got a good dinner subsitute. Oh my at the end of trains, planes and automobiles you just want to be in your room. I am sorry for the delay with the shuttle. Hopefully the night brought a peaceful slumber and tomorrow a fresh new Corinna and Graham. Looking forward to next update when you fix your computer. I find when it's an apple computer it is usually a problem at the core. Sorry couldn't resist that one...

Yes, we definitely were refreshed the next morning. We got incredibly lucky with flight times in both directions. As to the computer, I am pretty sure there is something rotten at the core ;)

I hope they get your computer fixed quickly. That's a bummer. I may need to do the same. Last time I did a restart it was rather rocky to get things going again. I hope it's a quick fix.

Thanks. I hope so, too. It is strange just how important a computer is to me. I felt really lost yesterday. I hope your computer can be fixed easily, too.

Corinna

Hi :)

Enjoyed your update. For some reason not receiving email notification now on the new system :(. Anyone know if I have to change something ?

Once I've visited or posted on a thread, I seem to start getting email notifications.

HTH

Jill in CO

Hi :)

Enjoyed your update. For some reason not receiving email notification now on the new system :(. Anyone know if I have to change something ?

Thanks. I started getting notifications to threads again once I posted on them.

Once I've visited or posted on a thread, I seem to start getting email notifications.

HTH

Jill in CO

:thumbsup2

I have just checked and some of the email notifications went into junk mail?

I know of a few other people who had that problem initially. Can you mark them as not junk or add the email address to some safe list?

Corinna

I have transferred them to my inbox and on yours have just got an update in the inbox :). Don't want to miss any x

Right, I am back from the Apple shop and there is something rotten at the core. Of course, when the person doing triage for the Genius Bar asked me to switch the computer on, the little minx booted up just fine. However, based on what I described about yesterday, he came to the conclusion that it is a failing hard drive. He recommended that I back everything up onto an external hard drive and then made an appointment for me next Wednesday. So when I got home, I tried to boot the computer up, but no joy. I will try again tomorrow. It will just make life easier if I have a back up. I think once I have a new hard drive installed and if I have just backed everything up, I will also update my operating system.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter