Alternative to Disney's Cozumel Jeep Tour

SAINTHOUSE

Earning My Ears
We were on the wonderful 04/12/03 7-day Western. Every day was fantastic but I just have to share the best with you!

Our 9 year old DS was so disappointed that he couldn't go on the Disney Jeep Tour (they only take over 10s) that I scoured the Internet for possible alternatives. I came up with Aventuras Naturales (www.aventurasnaturalascozumel.com) and with trepidation at booking something independently, booked for the 4 of us for our day in Cozumel.

I needn't have worried. It was a marvellous experience which I would highly recommend.

We met at the Mall opposite the pier at 11.00am. The tour consisted of just the 4 of us! We had 2 jeeps and 2 guides - lovely American girls called Heather and Susan who were so friendly and knowledgeable that it was like being with friends. We had croissants as we set off for the Caribbean side of the island. During the drive they stopped to show us wildlife (we saw wild boar which I believe is quite rare) and for us to take photos.
The ride was very bumpy in parts but the girls were excellent drivers (my DH said he'd never complain about women drivers again and was so glad he didn't have to drive - although guests can share the driving if they wish). We visited a Mayan ruin and saw living fossils, then on to the most beautiful beach which we had to ourselves. DH and DD went snorkelling with Susan to the reef just off the beach. They provided a lovely lunch of chicken, rice, salsa, tortillas, fruit and as much beer, soft drinks and water as we wanted.

The price was $85 each ($45 for DS) which I think compares quite well with the DCL tour, but it was so much more personal. Also, DH could enjoy the scenery (and the beer!) because he didn't have to drive.

Sorry this is so long but I just had to share our experience - I've had so many priceless tips from the boards in the past, it's good to put something back!!

Thanks for the post. That is exactly what we are looking for as my DD will be 9 1/2 and we wanted to do this through DCL.

Wow! We were going to wing it in Cozumel, or possibly go to Xcaret, but now I am tempted by this. Did you guys get to drive, or was it just the guides?
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We didn't do any of the driving and to be honest, when we saw the conditions we would have been driving on we were so glad! Even though we're British and used to manual gearboxes (most of our cars are 'stick shift') driving through sand dunes would probably have been quite challenging to say the least! The guides did say that other guests have wanted to drive or share the driving which is fine, but my DH enjoyed letting someone else do the hard work while he enjoyed the scenery and the beer!

Incidentally, I did misinform about the price - we paid $85 each. the child price of $40 applies to under 7s. Also, the rental of snorkel equipment was $10 pp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter