Am I just CRAZY or does anyone else DREAM about Sleeping in the Castle?

i would absolutly love love LOVE to sleep in the castle! I think I'd be so excited I wouldn't be able to sleep, so it would be more like staying in the castle over night! It would deffinetly be a dream come true! If they picked me I think i would here the heavens open up and here the alleluia chorus LOL :jumping1:

It is a sweepstakes that you have to enter. They will draw a family each day of the YOMD, but you have to be able to stay there that night. I am not sure of the start and end dates. I know if we were picked I would stop at nothing to get down there. My dd (6) would be in heaven and so would her mom!

so they aren't picking people that are actually there??? Where are the rules to this written at, anyone know? Just curious.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to enter a sweepstakes to win a night in the castle. This is from the Disney website:

"A Cast Member might tap you on the shoulder to invite you to be a special Guest that night in the new Cinderella Castle Suite - in the heart of Magic Kingdom® Park."

I just read on another post that you get locked in until 8 a.m.the next morning, when you have to be out. I would have serious anxiety all night and then I'd have to be up way too early, assuming that I would fall asleep at all. Ooooh, it's not for me!
Lucy's Mom

Locked in?:eek:

Sorry, but that can't be right. It must violate fire codes. Probably they just meant they don't want you coming and going so as to let others in to sneak a peak. I couldn't be comfortable being actually locked in until 8 am. Kinda reminds me of that Vincent Price movie "House on Haunted Hill" where 8 dinner guests were locked in an old mansion and the doors wouldn't open until morning............wonder how room service would get up there?:rotfl:

I just viewed some pictures of it................well, it kinds give me the creeps! I don't know what it is about it, but I really wouldn't want to stay there. Its too dark and forboding. I realize the designers tried to stay true to the original design from the movie, etc., but they should have used more bright, pastel type colors, like pinks and blues. All that brown and wood, I truly wouldn't be comfortable there, especially if I was locked in:scared:

Ok, just my opinion! We were truly disappointed our first visit to find we couldn't go inside the castle, its all facade, except for the restaurant. We managed to snag a coveted Cinderella breakfast, and also ate lunch there--no reservation, it was a slow time, just walked up and got seated! But I remembered thinking they should have had some rooms decorated ala Cinderella that you could just walk through. Maybe redo the interior to be like the castle, with the bedchamber, throne room, dining hall, kitchen, etc.

I wonder if they will try to rent it as a room after the contest is over?

Locked in?:eek:

Sorry, but that can't be right. It must violate fire codes. Probably they just meant they don't want you coming and going so as to let others in to sneak a peak. I couldn't be comfortable being actually locked in until 8 am. Kinda reminds me of that Vincent Price movie "House on Haunted Hill" where 8 dinner guests were locked in an old mansion and the doors wouldn't open until morning............wonder how room service would get up there?:rotfl:

Yeah, can't be actually locked in...I love the idea of staying there, but not if we can't get out in case of emergency...like I said in a earlier post, surely they would have something for that, like a phone or something, besides like someone else said, alot of people would be working there at night.
The House on Haunted Hill thing, funny....:rotfl2: But freaky...:scared1:

I can understand feeling alone, but we have stayed at the GF several times and late at night I LOVE sitting on the balcony listening to the cleaning crews cleaning and maintenancing the park. I not only would love to sleep there for me but my 2 Disney Princess NUTSY Daughters would just go crazy. My youngest kept telling me that she was going to LIVE there when she gets older. (Hey, they can have a dream) I told her that Mommy would have to live there with her. She then said that Daddy could "Drive" the monorail all day too. My daughter's would be jumping up and down flipping out. I would love to see that.

I think I would be honored to stay there. Just to see what Walt always wanted to see from that angle would be so AWESOME! Since my birthday is the 30th and we check in on the 28th, I think that I should get to stay there. Not to mention the personal experience post that I could give. Sounds like a good idea to me. How about you.

A Dream is a wish your heart makes...........Amen.

Come on Pixie Dust.

Found this! Interesting about the windows, I wonder if they will stay that way and you can't see out of them. Makes it even creepier!

The location of the suite can be identified from the outside by locating the blue windows on the north and west sides of the castle, about 2/3 of the way up. The glass used is a very cloudy blue, so it lets in light, but it is not possible to see out. The suite adjoins an exterior balcony on the east side. The walls around this balcony are about 5 feet (1.5 m) high so that people using the balcony during park hours cannot be seen by park guests. This balcony affords views to the north, east, and south.

On June 7, 2006, it was announced by Disney that the apartment would be completely decorated and upholstered as a 'royal bedchamber', which can sleep up to four people. It will become available as a once-in-a-lifetime experience during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration taking place at all eleven Disney theme parks, and an overnight stay in the apartment will be a prize randomly awarded to a guest at the Magic Kingdom, or indeed any park at the Walt Disney World Resort

I just saw the castle suite and I think it's bee-u-tee-ful!!! I would love love love to be Cinderella for a night.
I would probably love it more than my whole family combined!!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

I love the idea of spending the night in the castle, but in reality I'm really sure that I could spend a night there. It is scary sounding to me as well as mystical and magical.

I think the whole thing is very interesting and will be glad to hear from folks who get selected. Anyone hear what they will be doing with the place after the promotion is over?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter