Amanda & Mike’s PJ ~ SBP/Whitehall/ItalyWest 10/07/09 ~ Newsletters posted!

OMG!! That is my dress too!!!! :woohoo:

All of your plans look great! I can't wait to see pictures!

What a beautiful dress!! :worship: The first dress I tried on was the one that wound up being THE dress for me too! :thumbsup2

I just couldn't get this dress out of my head and they say that is when you know it's the ONE! After all the hours spent trying on dresses, who would have thought we would end up picking the very first one! :rotfl:

Omg I love your dress!!! So beautiful!!

Thank you! :lovestruc
OMG!! That is my dress too!!!! :woohoo:

All of your plans look great! I can't wait to see pictures!

Yay, I have a dress twin, too! :cheer2: Do you have a PJ??

My mission today to try to get our toasting flutes engraved! I tried to get them engraved at Things Remembered a while back but they couldn't do it because apparently their machine that does engraving holds the glasses by the base and ours don't have a base! I'm hoping I'll find a place that is able to do it! Here is what they look like:

toastingflutes.jpg

And then we replaced the heart in the middle with this charm, but ours says "Together Forever".

flutescharm.jpg

Dropped off our toasting flutes last week and they said they couldn't promise they would be able to engrave them but that they would try! They should be calling in the next couple days so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for some of that pixie dust! :goodvibes

So we finally decided and ordered our favors. In keeping with our Italian Romance theme, we got these mini olive oil bottles...we ordered two different kinds, one is called Pico Olio which is garlic infused and the other is called Oreganato which is infused with oregano, bay leaf, peppercorns, and dried tomato.
oil_three.jpg

We also picked up a few bags of this Mickey pasta which we are going to re-divide into smaller bags for everyone as favors.
disney-mickey-mouse-pasta.jpg

We are now past the date where we can make changes for the wedding so we're just hoping the BEO is do-able when it comes back. We ended up making a few cost effective decisions that I think are going to help - we cut Cinderella's carriage and are having the Rolls Royce instead since we would've had to have a second mode of transportation to take us over to the Grand Floridian after the ceremony anyways. We also changed our sorbet course from Cinderella's slipper to the martini glass presentation which I think is going to bring down our meal cost per person a good amount. And we also changed the cake since originally we had the Bridge to Happiness cake which was costing us $1,200 dollars since it was about $14/pp and a minimum of 65. We only have 38 guests so we finally decided on our new cake which I love and was about half the cost! It's a cross between the Mickey Wave and the Happily Ever After cake. It will pretty much look just like the photo below except we added a little fresh floral here and there and also using the Mickey and Minnie topper instead the white chocolate ears. I've been trying to find a more unique Mickey and Minnie topper that was a little more vintage but I've been unsuccessful so I just gave in to the standard one!
ourweddingcake.jpg

I still have a very long Wedding To-do List so hopefully I will get some more things done on my day off today and be back to update later! :thumbsup2

Just checking in... I had read the first part of of your PJ once before but I must not have commented:confused3 Anyways love all your ideas, love the olive oil and pasta for the favors- so perfect with your theme! Your dress is stunning and I love the cake! Your wedding is so close- you must be so excited!!!!! Were they able to engrave your toasting flutes? Also I'm a RN as well:thumbsup2- what area do you work in?

I love the mini olive oil! It is such a good idea.

I love your cake too! We are doing the Mickey Wave as well. I think we like a lot of the same things. too funny!:lmao: I have a question on the topper though.... is Disney providing the standard Mickey and Minnie or do you need to buy it and then drop it off?

your dress is gorgeous! Hooray you're a Maggie bride too, doesn't she make the best dresses?

I love your cake idea, I never would have thought to combine the designs! I love the Happily Ever After with the Mickey wave, I may need to steal that.

Love the favors, so cute and so original. I love that it's something you can eat and you've managed to incorporate a little Disney in there too!

Just checking in... I had read the first part of of your PJ once before but I must not have commented:confused3 Anyways love all your ideas, love the olive oil and pasta for the favors- so perfect with your theme! Your dress is stunning and I love the cake! Your wedding is so close- you must be so excited!!!!! Were they able to engrave your toasting flutes? Also I'm a RN as well:thumbsup2- what area do you work in?

My wedding is too close! I'm getting worried I won't be able to get everything done! I'm just trying to take it one thing at a time! I didn't get anything crossed off my to-do list yesterday! :mad:

I work on a medsurg/oncology floor - night shift. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. :rolleyes: We are trying to close on our first house together (it's a short sale and the bank has taken 4.5 months so far), and there is talk of a new hospital being built there in the next couple of years. I would love to work in a nice, new hospital...maybe one that has a McDonalds inside! :laughing:

I love the mini olive oil! It is such a good idea.

I love your cake too! We are doing the Mickey Wave as well. I think we like a lot of the same things. too funny!:lmao: I have a question on the topper though.... is Disney providing the standard Mickey and Minnie or do you need to buy it and then drop it off?

Thanks! Disney is providing the standard topper, it's on my floral BEO ($20). I didn't have any luck finding one cheaper than that! Plus there is no worry about having to package it up and drop it off beforehand :thumbsup2

your dress is gorgeous! Hooray you're a Maggie bride too, doesn't she make the best dresses?

I love your cake idea, I never would have thought to combine the designs! I love the Happily Ever After with the Mickey wave, I may need to steal that.

Love the favors, so cute and so original. I love that it's something you can eat and you've managed to incorporate a little Disney in there too!

I *love* Maggie Sottero! All the dresses I originally liked were by her! I got lucky finding the one I wanted, in my size, as a floor stock! I was getting worried because I didn't have time to order one since my wedding was so close but things all worked out! :yay:

Steal away, I stole it from someone else! We wanted the Happily Ever After cake but it was a 4 tier and they said they wouldn't make it in a 3 tier for us. Finally, I found that photo and brought it to my WP. He called the bakery right there to see if they would do it and luckily they said they could with a 50 person min instead of a 65! :banana:

We sent out our newsletters last week, just to remind everyone to make their reservations and give them an idea of what's going on the day of the wedding. It took us pretty much an entire day and a couple bottles of Mt. Dew, but we did it and are really happy with the way they turned out!

Page1_edited.png

Page2.png

Page3_edited.png

Page4.png

My wedding is too close! I'm getting worried I won't be able to get everything done! I'm just trying to take it one thing at a time! I didn't get anything crossed off my to-do list yesterday! :mad:

I work on a medsurg/oncology floor - night shift. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. :rolleyes: We are trying to close on our first house together (it's a short sale and the bank has taken 4.5 months so far), and there is talk of a new hospital being built there in the next couple of years. I would love to work in a nice, new hospital...maybe one that has a McDonalds inside! :laughing:

I'm sure you'll get it all done one way or another... if nothing else the fear of not getting it done with motivate you:lmao: That newsletter is great... looks so professional and I love that you included so many of your engagement pics! That's super exciting that you're hopefully buying your first house... but I think I would be going batty with the bank taking so long- hopefully you are able to close soon! YAY:yay:- you're also a night shifter, I agree sometimes I like it but sometimes I don't. Half the hospital I work at is brand new and it's gorgeous, the other half is ancient (that's where the medsurg/onc is:laughing: as well as the McDonalds:lmao:)

Your newsletter looks great. I love the castle fireworks pic on top!

Hope you hear something about the house soon, I find it ironic that they call it a "short" sale but it seems to take longer than regular sales!

Well what can I say: love the dress, love the cake, love the newsletter and the favor ideas are too cute!! I can't believe how close you are! Best of luck and I can't wait to read more.

Your newsletter is awesome!! And I love the wine box - such a great idea!

WOW!! I love your newsletters...puts mine to shame, lol. I might have to work on a second edition!

Love the olive oil and pasta favors!! And that newsletter so puts anything I could do to shame. :goodvibes

I'm sure you'll get it all done one way or another... if nothing else the fear of not getting it done with motivate you:lmao: That newsletter is great... looks so professional and I love that you included so many of your engagement pics! That's super exciting that you're hopefully buying your first house... but I think I would be going batty with the bank taking so long- hopefully you are able to close soon! YAY:yay:- you're also a night shifter, I agree sometimes I like it but sometimes I don't. Half the hospital I work at is brand new and it's gorgeous, the other half is ancient (that's where the medsurg/onc is:laughing: as well as the McDonalds:lmao:)

Your newsletter looks great. I love the castle fireworks pic on top!

Hope you hear something about the house soon, I find it ironic that they call it a "short" sale but it seems to take longer than regular sales!

We just heard we're supposed to close tomorrow afternoon! Keep your fingers crossed for me everything goes well! :yay:

Well what can I say: love the dress, love the cake, love the newsletter and the favor ideas are too cute!! I can't believe how close you are! Best of luck and I can't wait to read more.

Thanks! I can't believe how close I am either! :goodvibes

wow your newsletter is amazing!!!! Great Job!

Thanks! I owe it all to my wonderful MacBook Pro! :love:

Your newsletter is awesome!! And I love the wine box - such a great idea!

Thanks! We just got the wine box the other day, it's a little smaller than I thought so I'm just hoping the cards AND the wine all fit in it!

WOW!! I love your newsletters...puts mine to shame, lol. I might have to work on a second edition!

Thanks! It was a lot of work for something everyone is just going to throw away but oh well - one more memento to add to our scrapbook!

Love the olive oil and pasta favors!! And that newsletter so puts anything I could do to shame. :goodvibes

Thanks! It took us forever to decide on the favors and it felt so good to finally cross something off my to-do list :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter