Amanda's Heading to the Beach Journal! Feedback Welcomed!

Recap for yesterday:
B: 1 cup strawberries - 6.6 carbs
L: Salad and some crab meat - 5 carbs
S: Mini Twix - 10 carbs
D: Chicken Parmesean and low carb noodles - 7 carbs
S: Summer Sausage and cheese - 7 carbs
Total: 35.6 carbs :)
Curves :)
Water 8/8 :)
Vitmains :)

Lots of smiles!

Todays plan:
B: egg, cheese, and sausage - 2.5 carbs
L: Chevys - Quesdilla and Chili Con Queso w/Chips
D: ??
Exercise: skip
Vitamins: Taken :)
Water - 3/8

~Amanda

edit 5:30
remember what I said about good bad days and bad bad days. Well today was a REALLY bad bad day. I got beat up and down from 8 a.m. to 5p.m. I took my assistant out ot lunch at Chevys since she has been such a sport lately - and I want to be a nice person to work for. I decided to skip Curves in order to come home and lick my wounds and get some TLC. I'll make it up though!
~Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Congrats on completing the 5 days of exercise. you are on fire Amanda. Congrats on the weighin. You are losing a ton of fat ans building major muscle. keep up the great work.

Beth

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: To you!!

I am so sorry you have had such a rough time lately!!! We are here for you! :flower:

Congrats on your measurements Amanda. You are doing great and will look great in your swimsuit. I just got back from a warm, sunny week in Naples and wore swimsuits for a week. It is a great motivator to stay OP having to wear summer clothes, i.e. shorts, smaller shirts, swimsuits, etc. It felt great to actually have my shorts fit better than they did on our December trip. It will feel great for you too on that cruise. :flower:

Sorry that work was hard for you. I hope today is a better day.

Can I just remove yesterday from the calendar? Food wise it was definately a :badpc: kind of day. I did however earn:
:) Vitamns
:) Water 8/8

I'll need to make up that workout I missed to be sure I get in my 5 workouts this week. I'll either go to Curves on Friday or take a long walk on Sunday. DH and I are going to the grocery store - again tonight to get some items for dinners. I bought meats (hamburger, chicken) but didn't actually get anything to cook them with. I'll be skimming recipies today to find some items.

B: Coffee and 2 eggs w/Cheese - 8 carbs
L: Either Turkey and cheese roll-ups or leftover chicken parmesean and vegetables. < 8 carbs
D: Chicken - not sure how I'll make it or what my side dishes will be but dang it - it will be low carb!!!
Exercise: Curves after work
Water: 8 to 10 glasses
Vitamins: I'll take them as soon as I get to work.

~Amanda

Hang in there, dear Amanda! You are a WISH princess: and no one can take that away! Hold your head high and smile, knowing that you're doing the best you can and that it is good enough. :sunny:

I hope today is a better day for you. I'm sending :wizard: and :goodvibes and :sunny: and an extra :hug: to help you through.

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

Sorry you had such a bad day! I hope things get better soon! :goodvibes

Bravo to you for recommitting and keeping your eyes on the prize!! :cool1:

I'm sending an extra afternoon :hug: to help you through your day!

Don't beat yourself up! Look Forward! you are doing great!! :cheer2:

Good morning, Amanda! I'm spreading a little :sunny: for your day here in your journal. Amanda, we know that this road of healthy living is not without its bumps. We know that we can never be perfect. We know that it's not about that. . .it's about always trying again, never giving up, always expecting the best for ourselves. So what's a bad food day in the great scheme of things? Just a blip on the radar! You're moving on, girl, to a new day and to new and wonderful possibilities for yourself. :moped:

Love,
Erin

New day = fresh start, dear Amanda! Don't look back, OK? We can both have a good day today! ::yes:: I'll be right beside you. :cool1: :cool1:

:flower: Happy Thursday! :flower: Only one day till Friday and then the weekend :cloud9: I'm trying to cheer myself up a little bit. Obviously I went over in carb count yesterday so I have a request:

PEOPLE IN MY OFFICE, IF YOU BUY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES PLEASE TAKE THEM HOME WITH YOU!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE THEM OPEN ON YOUR DESK WITH THE OFFER THAT THEY ARE FOR EVERYONE. GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ARE LIKE DRUGS, ONE SEEMS HARMLESS BUT THEN YOU CAN'T SEEM TO STOP. PLEASE TAKE THE COOKIES HOME TO YOUR CHILDREN WHO HAVE THE METABOLISM TO BURN THEM. THANK YOU.

the girl scout cookies is what did me in yesterrday - otherwise my meals and everything would have kept me within points. So objective #1 today is to avoid the dang cookies!

B:small apple w/natural peanut butter: 17.5 carbs - YIKES! Didn't think it would be that high.
L: Tuna Salad - 2 carbs
S: 2 swiss cheese and chicken roll-ups - 4 carbs
D: Either Chicken Wings or a Chicken Salad <6 carbs
Total: 35 carbs or less
Exercise: Curves after work.
vitamins: taking them now! :)

~Amanda

septbride2002 said:

PEOPLE IN MY OFFICE, IF YOU BUY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES PLEASE TAKE THEM HOME WITH YOU!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE THEM OPEN ON YOUR DESK WITH THE OFFER THAT THEY ARE FOR EVERYONE. GIRL SCOUT COOKIES ARE LIKE DRUGS, ONE SEEMS HARMLESS BUT THEN YOU CAN'T SEEM TO STOP. PLEASE TAKE THE COOKIES HOME TO YOUR CHILDREN WHO HAVE THE METABOLISM TO BURN THEM. THANK YOU.

AMEN...I posted this on our bulletin board here at work!!!

Amanda, I know the apple w/ natural PB sounds like a lot of carbs but realistically, those carbs are NOT the same as 17.5 carbs of cookies or rice. The apple has lots of fiber (2 - 3 grams) and the PB has lots of the good fats to slow absorption of the carbs. You won't get elevated blood sugar from this like you would from cookies or rice.

All carbs aren't created equal. When you're eating these types of good carbs, balanced with fiber and protein and healthy fats to slow absorption, you can eat 17.5 carbs for breakfast. It sure is a nice change from eggs :) .

Happy Friday Amanda!!! :flower:

It's about time people post signs like that!!! Maybe I should post it in the teachers lounge!!!

Well I was doing great yesterday till dinner and then :guilty:
Water 8/8 :)
Vitamins :)
Exercise - skipped it but still have 3 days this week to exercise
Food - :guilty:

I just can't seem to hold it together when it comes to food. I am so easily tempted to eat things that are not on plan. I might need to do some reflection on that.

Today:
Vitamins: :)
Exercise: I have a date with Curves
Food: I'm working without a plan today :rolleyes1

~Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry about the stress you are having at work! I agree with Doe: Hold your head high because you are a WISH princess: !

I'm having trouble with the eating thing too. I've been on South Beach for almost two weeks and I have had little cheats here and there, but once I go on Phase 2 and start adding carbs back in, I hope I don't go overboard. I had a few Doritos yesterday and it took all of the self control I have to not eat the entire bag. It was so hard!

Hang in there girl! You are an amazing woman and you will get through this! Remember, it's Friday and there's a party going on in Doe's journal. :cool1: Stop by and have a drink with us, okay? :grouphug:

Take care, sweetie! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter