Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

Hope you had great day and walk yesterday! So Gurui, what is on the menu this week? Want to send some my way! :wizard: LOL!

Yesterday was okay food wise - I could have made better choices. I did enjoy my 4.2 mile walk with my neighbor Susan. I forgot how exhausting walking can be! I was pretty tired and took a short 15 minute nap when I got home.

Today I plan on drinking lots and lots of water to flush out my system and I need to be low carb for most of the day. We are going to a Superbowl Party tonight and I am bringing meatballs so that I know there will be something there for me to eat. No workout today - today is a rest day.

~Amanda

Good Morning! Well I did get lots of water in yesterday but also a lot of junky food - not a good thing. Today though I am back on the wagon as I want to be weighed and measured this Thursday at Curves. I did try on my Tankini this weekend and the top is fitting a bit better but the lower part still needs some help. My DH told me I look good though :goodvibes

Plan for today:
B: low carb blueberry muffin and diet Pepsi
L: Either Tuna Salad or Turkey and ham roll ups.
S: Celery Sticks w/Ranch Dressing.
D: Low Carb Hamburger Helper - if it is any good I will post the recipe.
Exercise: Curves after work
Vitamins: taking them now.

Okay since I know how much you guys love my menu planning here is my plan for the week. I decided that trying to do 2 weeks of planning was just CRAZY! So this time I only planned 6 meals for 2 weeks (3 planned a week) and the rest we would just wing it ;)

Monday:

Dinner: Low Carb Hamburger Helper
Curves

Tuesday:
B: Protein Shake
L: Leftover from Mondays
D: Steaks
Curves

Wednesday:
B: ?
L: Tuna Salad
D: Tequilla Lime Chicken
Curves

Thursday:
L: Leftovers from Wednesday
D: Going out to Buffalo Wild Wings

Friday:
L: ?
D: Shrimp Alfredo
Curves

Saturday:
L: Shrimp Alfredo
D: ?

Sunday:
L: ?
D: Meatloaf

So that is that for the week.

Amanda - your plan looks great! Good for you! :flower:

Just keep envisioning what you want to look like in your tankini on your upcoming CRUISE!!!!! Think of that every time you want to put off plan food in your mouth or skip Curves. You won't look like that vision if you go off plan girlfriend!!!!

Keep drinking your water until you look like a :fish: and have a wonderful Monday!!

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

septbride2002 said:
I did try on my Tankini this weekend and the top is fitting a bit better but the lower part still needs some help. My DH told me I look good though :goodvibes

I consider anything that fits "a bit better" a success and anything that "still needs some help" as within reach!!! :cheer2:

Hope you enjoy Curves, I've heard lots of great things about it!!

Hi Amanda,

Your menu looks great. I think you are wise to leave yourself some flexiblity. Keep up the great work.
Have a great Monday,
Beth

when did you change the name of your journal? love it :) glad to hear part of the tankini is fitting better, the bottom half is always the hardest :rolleyes: Menu plan looks good - lc meatloaf what is your recipe? do you use the pork rinds?

Have a marvelous monday!

:wave2: Hi Amanda!!

Thanks for worrying about me yesterday. :hug: You are a sweetie!

LOVE the new name for your journal! :teeth: You're helping all of us with your menu ideas.

I'm glad you and Susan had a nice stroll in the sunshine! Tell her hello from me!

Today, we're gonna kick some "on plan" butt! :cheer2: We want you lookin' good in that tankini! :earseek:

Make it a great day, dear Amanda!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Morning Everyone! I have a busy busy day at work ahead of me so I will not be able to get to journals - but I will be thinking about you!

I had a great day yesterday except for nibbiling on a bite size twix bar. Otherwise I was completely on program. The low carb hamburger helper was really yummy but I will have to post the recipe later.

Plan for today:
b: low carb blueberry muffin
l: leftover low carb hamburger helper
s: celery sticks and ranch dressing
d: Steaks - dh will have noodles and I will have broccoli and cheese
s: low carb vanilla ice cream

I know I am using a lot of low carb substitutes this week - and I usually do try to stick to whole/natural foods - but I am at the start of the D-zone for me and I would rather do the low carb substitues rather then eat the real thing ;)

~Amanda

Hope you are having a great day Amanda!

That's what those low carb stuff are good for - to substitute for the real stuff. Definitely better for you than the real McCoy!! ::yes:: And if you use it during the DZone, but get away from it during the other times, I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep picturing what you want to look like in that tankini and you'll do fine! :teeth:

TTFN- Sharon :sunny:

You are absolutely right, Amanda! You have to use those low carb products - it is a much better choice than dumping those carbs into your body!

I hope you have a great week!

Hi Amanda,

I wouldn't worry about using the substitutes. You usually stick to "real" food. I am sending you :wizard: to help with TOM.

Keep drinking your water,
Beth

Well Thank Goodness for low carb products or else I would have been in a heep of trouble yesterday! I had such a bad day at work and then I came home looking for support from my hubby and really wasn't getting any. I'm the bread winner in the family and any job I go for outside of this position is going to be a pay cut - I need to know that it is okay - really wasn't getting that last night. I finally just said, "Ya know what - you are saying all the wrong things right now so just stop." Oh yes - it was a happy night at the Mechler household.

I ended up having an Extra Large bowl of low carb ice cream and a blueberry muffin. I was just so depressed - I also went and layed in bed for about 2 hours just watching TV and cuddling my kitty.

I am feeling a bit better today although I think I am getting a cold. I'm in survival mode and I know it.

B: Protein Shake
L: Either leftover low carb hamburger Helper or Turkey and Ham roll-ups
S: Celery Sticks
D: It was going to be Tequilla Lime Chicken but I have decided it will be everyone fends for themselves. I'm going to make Shrimp Alfredo - which is a nice little comfort food for me.
Curves: After work
Vitamins: taking them now
water: I may slack on this today and drink diet soda and coffee.

~Amanda

I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday, Amanda. :grouphug: I hope today proves to be a much better day for you! Sending some :sunny: your way today!

:hug: Amanda,

I am so sorry to hear that things were horrible yesterday. I hope today was better. At least you did low carb ice cream.

Take care of yourself,
Beth

:grouphug: Sorry you had a bad day! Sometimes I think men really are from Mars and just don't get it... That's why you have us!!! :grouphug: As for the extra low carb stuff... Don't worry! Soemtimes you just need extra!!! I hope today is a better day!

:hug: Hey, Amanda. How's it going to today? Feeling any better? Poor DHs. . .sometimes they just can't get it right, can they? And then other times they can surprise us with their kindness and understanding. . .go figure. ;) I have to say I liked your coping strategy, though--TV vegging and cuddling the kitty are sometimes the most effective comforts. Why do you think I love DDog so much? :p

I'm hoping that there's :sunny: in St. Louis to see you through to the weekend and to the other side of the DZone. If not, here's a little boost from me:

:sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny:

Erin :cold:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter