Amazing trip 5/17/5/25

Bradyboy89

Earning My Ears
Hey all, My girlfriend and I just returned from an amazing 8 night vacation. We are Disney vets and usually go twice a year. We are from CT so the warm weather was a huge relief after a bad winter here. We were able to experience a lot of different things this trip so I thought it would be fun and maybe beneficial even for some people to do a report.

May 17th- We arrived at Pop Century around 7:00 pm. We already completed online check in so this process was very quick. We were handed our packet of information and given our room number right away. We already had magic bands from our previous trip in Nov so we didn't bring the new ones that came with this reservation. We requested a king size bed and didn't receive it. Wasn't a huge deal but would have been nicer as it's hard to sleep 2 ppl in the beds there. We went to the cafeteria for dinner and it was decent enough. Nothing to really brag about but it wasn't bad either. We were on the table service dinning plan which we love. It really does save us money. We are quickly and then took a cab over to Boardwalk where we went to Jellyrolls. Jellyrolls is our favorite place and it never disappoints. Great start to a great trip.

May 18th- We woke up early for reservations at the GF for the 1900 Park fare breakfast. Such an outstanding breakfast buffet. Food was delicious and we were able to meet with the characters. We decided to make the day a pool day which was relaxing, not usually something that I can say about a Disney vacation lol. We went to chef mickeys for dinner and again, fantastic food as always.

May 19th- Our first day in the parks was today. We headed over to Epcot around 9:30 in the morning. We had A Soarin FP early in the morning followed by Spaceship earth and Mission space. We wanted to get our FPs done early so we could hopefully get another one for Test Track. We finished our last fastpass around 2:30 and went right to a kiosk. The line took maybe 5 mins. Went up and we were able to book a fastpass for Test Track around 5 right before dinner. We were very happy with that. After TT we went to coral reef for dinner, always great food there. The steak is amazing. We met some friends at splitsville that night, wasn't very busy but it was still fun to have some drinks and listen to live music. Downtown Disney is a mess right now with all the construction but still holds the Disney magic I feel.

May 20th- Today was MK day, we had our fastpasses booked and ready to go. We had space, splash and thunder Mt on tap. We finished all 3 around 2 and we were able to book another for the haunted mansion an hour after we made it. We then were able to book a 5th for Thunder Mt agan. Very fluid and an awesome experience. We went to dinner at Be Our Guest, this was easily my favorite dinner of the trip. The castle is beautiful inside. I had the steak which was awesome and the French onion soup was the best I ever had.

May 21st- We checked out of Pop century around 9am and checked into Boardwalk Villas around 11am. We didn't expect our room to be ready but it was. We booked a studio but when we entered the room, we found out we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom for free. Just another example of Disney magic. We met up with our friends at Epcot to drink around the world. We started around 1 and finished by 5. Very fun and something ppl should try if possible. The beer in Italy was not for me tho. We stopped at Biergarten in Germany for lunch and that kept us going allowing us to finish. Went back to the boardwalk after and spent the rest of the night at Jellyrolls. Another great day with some unexpected treats.

May 22nd- We started the morning off with breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Second time we were there during our trip and just as enjoyable. We then headed over to Hollywood studios. Being at boardwalk makes Epcot and HS so easy. Our first fastpass was for Toy story. We rode that and then knocked out our next two fastpasses so we could get Rockin Rollercoaster. We were able to get RNR around 3:00 and rode it as soon as our time came up. We proceeded right to a kiosk for our 5th FP and were astonished when we saw Fantasmic as an option. We chose this. We went to dinner at 50's prime time. The food was great but the portion size was a little small. During dinner we decided not to stay for fantasmic, so I changed our additional fastpass from the MDE app to Star Tours and did that just as we left. Very surprised that we were able to make changes via the app and not just the kiosk.

May 23rd- We booked this trip well over 6 months ago, so when it was announced that Disney would have a 24 hour day at MK while we were there, we were ecstatic. We assumed it would be absolutely crazy this day. We planned on taking it easy and doing what we could. We didn't arrive to the park until 7:00 pm. As soon as we got there, we bolted to the mine train with the hopes of getting to ride it. The wait said 75 mjns but we were on in less than 45 mins. The ride was excellent, other than it being a little snug. You arnt able to move your feet much do to the pull down bar. The ride feels faster than it actually is, and the 3rd drop is a little bigger than I thought it would be. Again awesome ride. After the mine train, we went to CRT for our reservation at 930. There was so much hype with eating here, I knew it couldn't live up to it. My gf and I both enjoyed it but deff enjoyed Be Our Guest more. Still a fun experience to have. We spent the rest of the night at MK with moderate crowds. Most of the big rides were 45 mins long but we managed to have fastpasses for the mountains and jungle cruise. Jungle cruise is a must do at night if you haven't before.

May 24th- On our last full day, we spent the majority of it by the pool resting up after a long week. We went to Universal City Walk that night for our last hoorah. City walk is always fun for adults. Mears brought us there and back for $20 each. A good value as a taxi cost $40 each way.

May 25th- We knew our trip had to end at some point and this was the day. We checked out of the BW while they held our carry ons for us. We decided to check out the AKL to see about it for our next trip. We were both impressed.

So overall, one of the best Disney trips so far. Fastpass is great for us and now with additional fast passes, I don't see a downside other than some longer than usual lines at B attractions such as HM, Jungle cruise etc. Hope this is helpful to some ppl, and if not I at least hope u enjoyed reading this. Please if u have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks everyone

Sounds like a wonderful time. My family of 7 is going for the first time in Sept and I just know I am going to get bitte by the Dsiney bug and want to go all the time. We just recently came to a time where we can afford to vacation, so my husband probally wont be to happy haha. Congrats on another successful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter