Amber's "Time to do something!!" Journal

AmberLuvsWDW

Mouseketeer
I just joined WISH last week, and it looks like writing a journal is the next step.

About me: My name is Amber and I am 25 years old. I have been married to my wonderful DH for 3 years. He is actually the one who has created my love for WDW! No kids yet, but they are in the plans for the future. We're both teachers and want to get our Masters out of the way first. We also have a 14-month-old yellow lab named Aurora and Calico named Pyrite.

My story: I am not someone who has ever been "thin". I have been a martial artist since I was 4 and intense training has always kept me very solid. When I went to college, I wasn't training as hard, but I only put on about 15 pounds throughout the 4 years. Things started to go down hill for me after we got married. I stopped training in the martial arts, we moved 5 hours away from home and I haven't found a new school that I like. We also go out to eat all of the time. I know this is a big no no, but it's what works for our insane schedules. In these 3 years I have put on over 50 pounds. Every time I went up a new pants size, I said that was enough, but never did anything to change. It seems like every season change, I have to go out and buy a new wardrobe (under other circumstances this I wouldn't mind). It seems like I just keep gaining. I haven't leveled out, I keep gaining.

My motivation: I found a dress for my best friend's wedding. It is a size 16. It almost fits. I haven't been able to find anything else, so I bought it. It will fit by 8/5. It has to. In addition to having the dress for motivation, my husband is out of town for 5 weeks, and I want him to notice some difference when he gets home.

What I'm doing to change: I joined Slim and Tone, tried to watch my portions, and with my DH out of town, I've been eating out less. After joining DIS, I joined WISH and started a few of their challenges. It is very rewarding to be able to post my minutes from the gym. I can't wait to weigh in on Monday to see if I've lost anything. I am also unofficially "Closing the Kitchen" at 8.

My goal: I know it will take time to reach any goal. My first goal is the dress for the wedding. Then I would like to move back into regular size clothes. I am in this place somewhere at the beginning of Plus size, but because of my small build, most of them are way too long. My ultimate goal would be to lose at least 50 pounds to get back to where I started. I know it is going to take time because it took me 3 years to gain the weight and it's a lot harder to take it off.

I am looking forward to keeping this journal and I welcome your comments.

Good luck to everyone!!:goodvibes

Welcome, Amber!! :wave:

You sound like you're on the road to a new and improved you! I love that you're starting this while your DH is away. By the time he gets back, it will be your way of life, and he will adapt to that. You will have seen results from your hard work and will want to keep them coming! He will notice that you have put out a lot of effort and will support you through your journey!

We're here for you too! Keep on journaling. You can journal your food intake, your exercise, what you're feeling, or any of that. Also, read other people's journals. They are such a source of inspiration for me, and I know they will be for you too.

Good luck, and congrats! :thumbsup2

Hi Amber.

Just wanted to let you know that I read your journal and am pulling for you. I know what it's like to really want something. Even the hard "wants". You can do it. Good luck.

Monica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter