American Idol filming at Aulani

I just walked by today and most Saturdays. It is big but nice. A friend said they paid to be part of the beach audience... and there are more lagoons to visit if you want!

Looks like they are set up as the filming area to do 647203the eliminations at the luau area

I must say if I booked my Aulani vacation and showed up with American Idol stage on the beach blaring the same songs again and again-it would ruin our vacation. Aulani needs to make people aware of when this will be happening just like they do with construction noise or pool closures. We had some friends staying there when Idol was there a few weeks ago and this was a big inconvenience not to mention a headache.

I must say if I booked my Aulani vacation and showed up with American Idol stage on the beach blaring the same songs again and again-it would ruin our vacation. Aulani needs to make people aware of when this will be happening just like they do with construction noise or pool closures. We had some friends staying there when Idol was there a few weeks ago and this was a big inconvenience not to mention a headache.
Nothing was "blaring" and the stage was positioned way off to the side, basically in between Aulani's beach area and the Four Seasons' beach area. Nobody's use of the beach was impeded.

From my room, the music from the Olelo Room was MUCH louder than the music from the Idol stage.

We didn’t like it. Had no interest in it. Don’t think it ruined the vacation but it did impact it. I was talking with folks who complained and got a few days of points back and were offered a meal out. We didn’t do anything like that. If you like AI and are in the mood for it, great. If not, not so great. We were in the latter category. We were looking for a chill vacation and it brought a freneticness we didn’t like. Saying that, it was very quiet the day they left, and then crowds ramped up for the weekend.

if we had known upon booking the week that AI would be filming, we would have changed our dates for sure.

Inga

I was there the first time they did Idol at Aulani. First, I suggest NOT going to see it, and if you do don't bother lining up. You can see it easily from the beach as it is as far right as possible if you are looking at the ocean. By as far right as possible I mean while staying on Aulani property, it isn't in front of the Four seasons. They also had some decorations that were out of the way (big metal I D O L letters). The eliminations were in the Luau area. I watched them from my balcony with binoculars trying to figure out who was getting crushed and who was making it on to the show. I was generally wrong in my guesses lol. All in all it makes no difference to your trip imo especially if you don't waste time waiting to see the show needlessly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter