American Idol - popular singing style vent

Could someone explain to me how you can get up and sing (and I use that term very loosely) "The Star Spangled Banner" and not know the words? Or not even come close to the right words? What was that guy thinking about.

i did not get to watch all of it last night i was trying to switch back and forth between the bachelorette and american idol, i cant believe that they were both on at the same time, it drove me nuts.
misty

The modulating needs to stop. The "run" needs to stop.. find a note, find your range and STAY ON IT! Do NOT stray from your range or you will sound like a drowning rat!

My DH can sing.. very well. He's got a great range but he knows when not to bother with a note.

And what's up with the whiny boy style of singing? There are so many "popular" boy groups that I just cannot listen to....whine, whine, whine. I can see why some of the boys think they can "make it", they've got the whine down.

Meanwhile, over on Star Search, the junior competition is better than American Idol.

yes, i need to get a life :rolleyes:

Vivienne

French Elvis dude cracked me up.

I actually feel bad for some of these people who make fools out of themselves in front of thousands of viewers...but at least this time around, they should have been forewarned by what they saw on the last season's show! And what was up with that little mini docudrama on Tiger Girl? :rolleyes:

It's funny that you should mention whiney boy singers. My DW refuses to listen to most female vocalists since Alanis hit the scene. She thinks that all of them sound whiney. There are exceptions (Celine Dion and Shania Twain to name a couple), but it seems to me that the current vocal style seems to be very whiney.

Now I'm hooked on American Idol. I need more drama in my life. :)

(I better, don't wanna get in trouble like I did yesterday, can we say PINK LADY!):rolleyes: Anyway, what WAS that docu-drama about the Kick-boxing-single-Mom-singer?:rolleyes: Gag me with a Spoon!:p I DID Like the Marine, wonder if HE will go ALL the WAY?;) Also, the guy that was related to John Adams....he was CUTE and GOOD!;) Notice they are mixing the "looks" up a bit, not ALL are skinny, there are a few that are NOT that great looking, but can sing.;)

I agree Star Search has the REAL talent, but I'm sure they were the result of many auditions!

I thought the male twins were very amateurish and their attitude was ridiculous. And the girl who begged, I called my sister and said "will SOMEONE just THROW her out??!" :rolleyes:

I saw VERY little "idol" types but the auditioning continues! I hope the result is better than last years!! (sorry, KC fans, but IDOL she ain't!)

The runs get on my nerves also. I was classically trained and I hate that sound! My son has perfect pitch and can sing me under a train but his friends sing that "run" type of music. I told him to resist it, it's not my idea of singing, but using vocal gymnastics!

[/b]

I agree with you Robinrs - Kelly Clarkson is not that big of a deal. Nothing particularly outstanding about her style - cookie cutter pop star if you ask me.

And why does everyone sing "The Greatest Love of All"? I've always hated that song (and Whitney Houston). It was bad enough when it was done by someone who COULD sing - hearing it diced to pieces by these people that sound like cats caught in fences is torture. :rolleyes:

today on (the view) they talked to a girl who had auditioned and said she never even got to see randy paula and simon, sang for 15 seconds in front of 5 other contestants and shoved out the door, said it was all for entertainment purposes that these contestants that sing horriblbly are on, i tend to agree,but it does make funny television, if we were to see one singer after another with the same talent, there would be no show...there is a ton of talent out there but for some odd reason the public likes to watch people make fools of themselves, REMEMBER THE GONG SHOW? i dont know what my point is but , i really enjoy watching these shows, maybe because the whole family can watch together and not be embarrassed by all the sex thats on tv now a days... i also enjoy STAR SEARCH but its not as good as the original...
heartswag.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter