An idea for a Pre-Cruise Event

DarthVader92

Theme Park Operations
An idea came to my mind for a Pre-Cruise Activity. We will call it AudioWalk. What I envision is walking around the park and taking in the atmosphere and enjoying an attraction or two. Here's how it will work:
1. Meet at location
2. Begin walking around in different directions
3. While walking, see an attraction or two.
4. After an hour and a half, end.
AudioWalk (in my definition) is walking around taking in the BGM loop and atmosphere!
It would take place in Epcot on December 11th, 2010 11AM-12:30pm. We will meet at Fountain of Nations! This is NOT OFFICIAL yet. We need a lot people to get this to work. I will post here when we have gotten enough people. I really hope that we can some Podcast Team Members to come too!!!!!!

Please let me know your thoughts and maybe we can do this. Podcast Team too. Hopefully some of you can join us as well.:goodvibes

AudioWalk in Epcot December 11th, 2010

11AM-12:30pm Meet at Fountain of Nations!

Please reply here if you are interested in attending. I hope that we can get some Podcast Team Members as well as many DISers.

We are flying in on saturday & staying at the swan. So far we haven't bought park tickets for that day. I'm trying hard to be save money because we are going to be staying at the WL after the cruise(my favorite resort).
Wouldn't it be great if they sold 1/2 day park tickets.

Added some info about AudioWalk (new name for event). Again, lets get a lot people to come onboard with this and maybe some people from the Podcast.....:cool1:

Questions. :confused3
What is the BGM loop?
Why audio walk? Are we to only listen?
Begin walking around in different directions - we all walk different directions away from each other?!

I need clarification!

Okay so we will walk as a group after meeting at Fountain of Nations. We will walk (still as a group) around in an un-set path. I guess I would be the "leader" of the group and I would lead the group through different areas of Future World and parts of World Showcase. While we are walking through these lands (still in an un-set path) we would ride an attraction or two. While doing this, we would enjoy the atmosphere by listening to the BGM loop and basically just enjoy the atmosphere.

For example,

Meet at Fountain of Nations
Walk from Fountain of Nations through Innoventions West out into Future World West make a left to Imagination continue to World Showcase and into Canada
See O'Canada
Walk out of O'Canada and back to Future World via Odyseey Walk-way to Test Track and walk to Ellen's Energy Adventure
Ride Ellen's Energy Adventure
THE END

Again thats a rough example. For those of you who listen to WTTM with Paul Barrie's Walk in the Park audio where he begins in the esplanade down main street into adventureland through new orleans square through frontierland into Fantasyland (for example).

Anyone else confused? Please don't hesitate to ask.

The loop that plays in the background in certain areas. For example, the music that is played outside Spaceship Earth. BGM=Background Music

The loop that plays in the background in certain areas. For example, the music that is played outside Spaceship Earth. BGM=Background Music

Ohhhhh! Now I understand!

You do realize that in December the park music is all Christmas and holiday music?

yes, but its not just to get an idea of walking around and listening. Its to walk around take in the atmosphere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter