An Intimate Vow Renewal with Kids: Hawaii is a no-go

This makes me so sad. I read the email notice I got while I was at WDW with my girlfriend. OMG this is heartbreaking to me on so many levels. I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. Your husband has a great family & a strong wife to support him. Your boys are absolutely adorable. You are right, a wedding or a vow renewal is just a day. You have so much to look forward to & you have each other to spend it with. I hope things will work out to where you can have your renewal soon. And when the time is right, it will happen. I truly believe things happen for a reason. Good or bad.

Big Hugs to you!!!!

This makes me so sad. I read the email notice I got while I was at WDW with my girlfriend. OMG this is heartbreaking to me on so many levels. I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. Your husband has a great family & a strong wife to support him. Your boys are absolutely adorable. You are right, a wedding or a vow renewal is just a day. You have so much to look forward to & you have each other to spend it with. I hope things will work out to where you can have your renewal soon. And when the time is right, it will happen. I truly believe things happen for a reason. Good or bad.

Big Hugs to you!!!!
Awe thank you so much. You are so sweet! I really appreciate it. My husband and I are so touched by all the support and encouragement. I'm putting the vow renewal on hold but I am truly happy that I can share in planning your big day. I've really enjoyed following your PJ up to now. Can't wait to see more:)

Last edited:
I have been gone for a while and I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip!!! :sad1: Your Italy trip looked so AMAZING though your boys are so handsome! I totally understand though having to put a funeral first before the VR hopefully maybe you can squeeze something in while on your trip to Disney! and this thread was no waste your information was great! Make sure to let us know what happens sending pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

I have been gone for a while and I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip!!! :sad1: Your Italy trip looked so AMAZING though your boys are so handsome! I totally understand though having to put a funeral first before the VR hopefully maybe you can squeeze something in while on your trip to Disney! and this thread was no waste your information was great! Make sure to let us know what happens sending pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

I know my mind has been racing about trying to fit in a vow renewal on my March trip to Disney in 2016 but I don't know if I can manage it. I don't want to settle. I need time to plan it and make it work. I will keep you updated if I do decided to go that route. Thanks for the pixie dust! :love2:

Memories package isn't so bad if it's just the 4 of you. And you can do an ADR or an in room celebration if that allows. Or reserve a private location for a dinner/dessert viewing of Illuminations or Wishes?
And you can still do the beach theme at the Poly....

We will be missing each other by a couple of weeks. :guilty:

Memories package isn't so bad if it's just the 4 of you. And you can do an ADR or an in room celebration if that allows. Or reserve a private location for a dinner/dessert viewing of Illuminations or Wishes?
And you can still do the beach theme at the Poly....

We will be missing each other by a couple of weeks. :guilty:

Oh man, too bad. It would have been fun to meet up. :guilty:
I don't know yet about the renewal. I am discussing option with hubby but it is still all up in the air. I've been trying to calculate how we could afford it with our budget being cut and I don't want to settle for something that won't feel special to me. The DFTW packages are just so expensive for what is offered. I mean I would have to pay almost $3,000 for a memories package and I get no officiant, no cake or champagne, a limo that I don't want and one hour with a Disney photographer who might be subpar. Plus I have to contend with the exchange rate from CAD dollar to US and right now it is really bad. My $3,000 vow renewal turns into a $4,000 vow renewal. It is ridiculous! I prefer taking that money and spending it on a whole other Disney Trip. Anyway, still keeping the option open but will have to figure out something better. For now, I feel like I need a break from this vow renewal planning. I think I just exhausted the well. With all the changes and back and forth, I just feel too tired to deal with it!:faint:

Oh yowza, I forgot about the exchange rate. Maaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn.......

I know that would have been fun to have met up. :guilty:

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Losing someone in general is incredibly hard.

It's definitely a bummer that your VR needs to be set aside for now.
I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and
I'm sure things will settle and you'll have an incredible VR.
New VR packages, new locations or destinations, etc.
You never know.

Your pictures from your trip to Italy look fabulous!
It looks like your whole family had a wonderful time!

Sending good vibes and love to you and your family :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Losing someone in general is incredibly hard.

It's definitely a bummer that your VR needs to be set aside for now.
I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and
I'm sure things will settle and you'll have an incredible VR.
New VR packages, new locations or destinations, etc.
You never know.

Your pictures from your trip to Italy look fabulous!
It looks like your whole family had a wonderful time!

Sending good vibes and love to you and your family :hug:
Thank you so much! I also do believe that everything happens for a reason. I am not giving up on the VR. Just postponing it.
We did have a great time in Italy. It was a very educational trip for my kids and I am happy that I had a chance to show them where our family roots lie. It was very hot while we were there. There was some sort of heat wave and it made visiting the sites very strenuous but it was all worth it in the end. We have great memories for a lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter