An ornament on the tree that is your or S/O's least favourite

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
This one is on our tree.

IMG_00000395.jpg
It was gifted to us by one of my 6 sister-in-laws. She was amused by our pro, and con discussions :rolleyes1when one of us wanted one like it IRL.. The compromise turned out to be displaying the ornament!

We have a few tree decorations and house decorations that were given to us by a cousin who has now been shunned by the family (it would totally be a good thread but way too many details) and so they are in a separate box that doesn’t get touched. I should throw them out but it seems like a waste.

Oh, I would have to say any/all Disney ornaments. He really doesn't like my Disney obsession :) Or maybe the wadded up ball of tape and old wrapping paper my sister gave me one year. We have that kind of humor :) She wrapped it up and gave it to me and said " I made something for you". So, of course, I have to put it on my tree every year!! Going on about 15 yrs or so now :):)

I don't like it when he sneaks Star Wars Ornaments on the tree. I can't wait for this year - I took down the Mickey Mouse lights from my office, dusted them and will be putting them on the tree this year.

I'll enjoy them but I'm not sure about my husband. After Christmas I'll put them back up in my office so I can enjoy them all year around.

Okay, so a long time ago, DH got this "punching puppet". It came as an extra gift with a video game anthology he purchased. It's pretty ugly. At the time we didn't have a tree topper and he thought it would be funy to put the puppet up there instead of an angel. We did that for a year or so, and then actually got a topper. But DH still sneaks the dang thing up there every year. I never know when hes going to do it. Just one day during the holidays I'll glance up at the tree and my topper will have been replced by this stupid puppet thingy.

My Mom collected an Eeyore ornament every year, a ball with the year written on it. In 2005 we searched everywhere but there were no ball-shaped Eeyore ornaments and so we settled for a flat gingerbread one. Still had the date but it didn't go with the others. My Mom was like, "it's fine, no big deal," but I just didn't feel right about it...Christmas 2005 turned out to be our last Christmas with her, she died May 2006 from colon cancer. Now, this is stupid-why take it out on a piece of plastic, but every year after when I put my tree up, I'd hang the Eeyores and when I got to that one I'd think, 'I despise this ornament.' But I'd hang it. I did this for years, and finally a couple of years ago I was hanging the ornament and I said to my aunt, who was watching, "I really hate this ornament." My aunt responded, "you don't hate the ornament, you hate the grief it represents." She was right. She also said, "there's no law that says you have to hang it." So, I didn't-I passed it to my sister who had no such bad feelings about it. *shrug* So that's my long-winded story.

Every year for many years now, DS20 sneaks an empty Coke can onto our tree. I take it down; he sneaks it back up. I have no idea why he picked an empty Coke can, but he thinks the whole thing is hysterical. Over the years his little game has grown on me.

A Homer Simpson ornament where he's wearing a Santa hat and holding a beer bottle!!! One of my sons got it as a gift from one of his brothers and it gets a place of honor on our tree every year. Now it's a long running joke.

I have an angel tree topper that has a blonde cocker spaniel head. My DH thinks it's stupid. It reminds me of my first cocker (1980) who I adored.

Okay, so a long time ago, DH got this "punching puppet". It came as an extra gift with a video game anthology he purchased. It's pretty ugly. At the time we didn't have a tree topper and he thought it would be funy to put the puppet up there instead of an angel. We did that for a year or so, and then actually got a topper. But DH still sneaks the dang thing up there every year. I never know when hes going to do it. Just one day during the holidays I'll glance up at the tree and my topper will have been replced by this stupid puppet thingy.

Picture? We need a picture!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter