'And then there were four" Day 2

Skala

Mouseketeer
Monday 8th November

Well unfortunatly the boys were still on "Greek time"- which meant they woke up 6am French time full of beans. After futile attempts to convince them to try and get some more sleep (we thought it would be a long day as the fireworks were schedueled) we decided that we might as well get up- it was that or wake the poor neighbours with their excited racket.
We were one of the first for breakfast! I really enjoy the buffet breakfast- the croissants are excellent!
Needless to say we were at the Park for the start of EMH which was great for two reasons- first the only dry weather of the day was in the morning and of course we had the park practically to ourselves and I made a new friend!
DSCF6631.jpg

We spent our time in Discoveryland- I lost count of how many times we did Buzz and the rockets!
DSCF6638.jpg

We then headed to The Studios for rope drop and were the first on the parachutes. We all loved it!!!!!! just be warned if the ground is wet the suface you walk on to get to the ride is super slippy. The boys had fun at the photo spot.
DSCF6658.jpg

Next we did R C Racer- never EVER again- DS who's favourited ride is BTM came off crying DH thought he was going to be sick and I thought I was going to die. DN who only just passed the height restriction declared it his favourite but of course could find no one willing to go on it again!
We tried slinky it's really for the really little ones- our 7 year olds were not impressed. So we went on the parachutes again- twice!!!
We tried to do Crush which we loved last time, but it went technical so we did magic carpets, cars and then waited for Sulley. The heavens then opened up so we rushed to nearby Animagique and just got in for the 11am show which we really enjoyed.
It really was raining hard now so we decided to head to Salon Mickey before it closed for a much needed hot chocolate- you really do feel special knocking on that door! I think a lot of other Shareholders had the same idea as it was really busy - what a great haven from the elements!
We then decided to get the train to Frontierland to meet Father Christmas- the good thing was the zero wait- the bad thing was I got wet through to the skin waiting to buy the official photos- there was no shelter at all.
We then braved it to Phantom Manor- which really suited the miserable weather!!!!!!!
We then decided we needed to go back to the hotel to dry off and rest a bit after the early start- I'm so greatful now that the boys had woken up early -it was the best of the day for sure.
When we went back to the park we headed for Small World and teacups and before we knew it it was time for our early dinner at Inventions (review in the food thread).
The rain had stopped but the Fireworks were cancelled- we crossed our fingers that they would happen the next day.

Fab day but shame about the fireworks. I think I'll give RC a miss, Slinky is more my style!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter