And this is why I love DVC

LoveMyDisneyCats

Mommy of 3 Princesses
Just decided yesterday to book a last minute trip. :yay: We own a business and these last two months have been really busy!!! And the next three weeks will be 24/7. Not much time or attention in store for the kids (and it tears me up thinking about it...I'm a guilt freak!). So how to regroup as a family? :grouphug: Gee, since I'm a disney fanatic and a little crazy when comes to figuring out ways to get down there...why not just book a little 4 day trip down to our "home"!!!!! So needless to day, we're leaving the day after our big business event. And since we didn't have time to "save" for a big vacation- we just use our points, annual passes and only have to come up with airfare (and food $$, but since I won't have time to grocery shop here, we'd be eating out even if we stayed home!). Wow, I love DVC and the fact that we can do this!! There's no way, I would be able to come up with money for hotel and passes in addition to the airfare on such short notice- but gee, I don't have to! Yeah!! Can't wait! Plus it's a surprise for them so it'll be even that much more exciting- something for me and DH to look forward to in these upcoming crazy, busy weeks ahead!
That's why I love DVC! :cheer2: It's given us opportunities that we would never have been able to do without it.

Since you are self-employed, being busy is mostly a good thing, right?

Good for you for making time to spend with your family. And I agree, that's the real value of DVC. :)

Thats great! I hope you folks have a wonderful trip. I am self employed also, so I can relate.

I am also semi self employed! My step dad, mom, husband and grandfather all work at our family business in collision repair and I know how busy it can be (I'm the manager.) We've been in business for over 25 years now, but business never stops - that's a good thing :thumbsup2 ! I love DVC for being able to know I have somewhere to go without all of the worry of who what when and where. And I hope that I might get lucky with the occasional spur of the moment trip too! After several years of not being able to take big family vacations due to all of us working together, we have finally managed to all be away from the business at the same time without worry of what will happen while we're gone so I booked for all of us at SSR in Jan! Needless to say, we're all beyond excited because it's my husband's and my first trip home as DVCers and my mom, step dad, brother, friend, other dad and other brother are all going too! Lucky for me my parents still get along like best friends after being divorced for many years! I'm happy for you that you are making the time for your children and are successful at your business! Hats off to you for finding that "in between" that some people forget about when they run a business!

I agree. Last January DH had a meeting in Orlando (not at WDW) so I booked us 3 days early at VWL. It was great! We got a mini-vacation and I never would have even gone along without our DVC (I hate the hotel they have their meetings at).

Better yet, while we were in the conference hotel I found out the International Builders Show was beginning in Orlando starting the day after we were supposed to leave. I REALLY wanted to go to that show as we are getting ready to build a house. Anyway, that show is so big that they had something like 35 "official" conference hotels - which of course were all full. Actually, darn near every decent hotel in the Orlando area was full from the overflow. But DVC came through for us! Called Member Services on 2 days notice and snagged a 1 bdrm at SSR for 3 nights! We love our DVC!!

... and musn't forget to mention that we were using Owner's Locker. Called them on 2 days notice also, and our Locker with all our "stuff" was waiting for us. Made the stay really comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter