ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

We had a similar realization many years ago. Now we have two BLT contracts.
That's us too! I got a 2nd contract in January! 😅 Did we need it? Nope!😂 It was the right contract to add on so I couldn't help it! But even with two, we are still under 100 pts and it's perfect. We have a bigger one at BRV.

I think this'll be us this October. Doing NotSoScary for the first time with a 6 yo and all I could get was AKV (granted I got value as that's all the points I had left without borrowing anymore). I have a feeling being on the bus after midnight or thereabouts is going to make me wanna make a BLT offer on the actual busride!
DOOOOO IT!! 😈:littleangel: It's a 50/50 that it might become popular after the refurb like BRV! So get it before the refurb is done!

Yeah before our EEH experience at MK...I think it's safe to say BLT was on the bottom half of our list. It's also so much easier to take breaks midday if needed!

My problem seems to be I jump at something that will work, then the perfect one comes up so I buy it too. lol
Now I have plans to sell something I haven’t even full received yet. :/
We suffer from the same problem 🤣 - thinking about selling my GFV resale for POLY direct. Problem is I literally just bought so would obviously be a loss. I have to sit down and do the math but thinking it may make more sense to get a trip or two out of it and then sell? Are you thinking of doing it sooner?

That's us too! I got a 2nd contract in January! 😅 Did we need it? Nope!😂 It was the right contract to add on so I couldn't help it! But even with two, we are still under 100 pts and it's perfect. We have a bigger one at BRV.

DOOOOO IT!! 😈:littleangel: It's a 50/50 that it might become popular after the refurb like BRV! So get it before the refurb is done!

Yeah before our EEH experience at MK...I think it's safe to say BLT was on the bottom half of our list. It's also so much easier to take breaks midday if needed!
I really shouldn't be buying any more lol! Also I'm waiting to see what happens with Poly direct but BLT prices really are tempting. I wish there was an indication which way they were going to go with the refurb. We love heavily themed like Poly, BC, BW, AK so that would make a big difference. Ah to have unlimited funds!

We suffer from the same problem 🤣 - thinking about selling my GFV resale for POLY direct. Problem is I literally just bought so would obviously be a loss. I have to sit down and do the math but thinking it may make more sense to get a trip or two out of it and then sell? Are you thinking of doing it sooner?
Nope, I’m going to use the points then sell it. The problem is that trip won’t be until Jan 2026. lol

Don’t you have 2 different UYs? Why don’t you just transfer the points you want to use for that trip to your other UY so you don’t have to wait to sell it if you’re ready to do so now?
Can i do that.!!?? That would be amazing. lol
I actually would have to wait for my new UY contract to load the points, its still in waiting, but has passed ROFR, so it can't be long.

I actually would have to wait for my new UY contract to load the points, its still in waiting, but has passed ROFR, so it can't be long.
I think the only potential issue is that transferred points can't be banked. But if you're planning to use, all good!

I believe so, maybe @Sandisw can jump in and confirm but as I understand it, a transfer is a finished and final transaction so it wouldn’t be in a position to delay closing like a booking would. I don’t think you can borrow points to transfer but you can bank the transferred points to book 2026.

Haha I love that you haven’t even gotten the points in your account yet but you’re already looking to sell the contract 😅

I think the only potential issue is that transferred points can't be banked. But if you're planning to use, all good!
I definitely am planning to use, but I'm not sure about the points, i think they would be coming from 2025, in which case they would be good to go for Jan 2026 (or technically Oct 2025 thru Feb 2026 is my vacation window)
If they are in 2026, can i borrow them first then transfer? (or even bank if 2024 points?)

I definitely am planning to use, but I'm not sure about the points, i think they would be coming from 2025, in which case they would be good to go for Jan 2026 (or technically Oct 2025 thru Feb 2026 is my vacation window)
If they are in 2026, can i borrow them first then transfer? (or even bank if 2024 points?)
Hmmm - that I don't know, I'll let one of the experts weigh in.

I know one of my resale contracts had 20 points that had been transferred...the broker who sold it to me said they were 'lost' because I couldn't bank. As it turns out I'm using them as a fun extra night on an upcoming trip to try out another resort...but this could have been total misinformation!

Hmmm - that I don't know, I'll let one of the experts weigh in.

I know one of my resale contracts had 20 points that had been transferred...the broker who sold it to me said they were 'lost' because I couldn't bank. As it turns out I'm using them as a fun extra night on an upcoming trip to try out another resort...but this could have been total misinformation!
Maybe you couldn’t bank them because it was already past the banking window for that UY?

I don't believe you want to borrow the points first before doing a transfer. Trying to remember how my transfer between UY worked a few years ago. I wanted to be at WDW for the 50th on 10/1. I had cancelled my 2020 trip. As I recall, I transferred my 2019 and 2020 AKV Dec UY points to my other UY. Then banked the 2019 ones and used the following ----75 Dec 2019 UY, 75 Dec 2020 UY, 100 Feb UY 2021, and 88 Feb UY 2020 points for the stay. Plus added 2 nights to the front from my SSR contract at 7 months from Dec UY that were previously banked. I remember spending a bit of time on the phone and the CM did come back and ask me what the plan was with the transferring to make sure it all got transferred correctly.

Hmmm...it was a Dec UY so I haven't hit the banking deadline yet...maybe I totally misunderstood! Strong possibility.
You could very possibly be right. I thought you could bank transferred points you just couldn’t borrow, either before or after the transfer but I’ve never done it so no clue how it works in reality. Again, the ever knowledgeable @Sandisw should be able to set us straight!

Still waiting to hear from ROFR and I can't help but think the delay is not a good sign since other contracts put in after mine have already cleared ...
Have you heard back about this contract yet? I am also waiting on a 50 point poly @ $145pp submitted on 4/25

I don't believe you want to borrow the points first before doing a transfer. Trying to remember how my transfer between UY worked a few years ago. I wanted to be at WDW for the 50th on 10/1. I had cancelled my 2020 trip. As I recall, I transferred my 2019 and 2020 AKV Dec UY points to my other UY. Then banked the 2019 ones and used the following ----75 Dec 2019 UY, 75 Dec 2020 UY, 100 Feb UY 2021, and 88 Feb UY 2020 points for the stay. Plus added 2 nights to the front from my SSR contract at 7 months from Dec UY that were previously banked. I remember spending a bit of time on the phone and the CM did come back and ask me what the plan was with the transferring to make sure it all got transferred correctly.
I'm thinking the points should already be in the correct UY, so this may workout better than I thought!! :)
I'll be sure to look into it once the new UY contract is set up. (its a new UY to me)

You can not borrow transferred points and you can’t transfer banked or borrowed points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter