Animal Kingdom..is there a "Preferred room' category?

funshipm174

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

I have looked but can't find a preferred room category for Animal Kingdom. I know I have chosen this option at some moderates we have stayed at.
I really don't care about a Savannah room overlooking the Animals, I rather be closer to the main building(just my preference if possible whereever we stay in WDW).

It seems all I see are the three options of Savannah, Pool or Standard. If there is no "Preferred" option, is the only other option just to request a room near main building?

Any advice appreciated!:wave2:

Hello all,

I have looked but can't find a preferred room category for Animal Kingdom. I know I have chosen this option at some moderates we have stayed at.
I really don't care about a Savannah room overlooking the Animals, I rather be closer to the main building(just my preference if possible whereever we stay in WDW).

It seems all I see are the three options of Savannah, Pool or Standard. If there is no "Preferred" option, is the only other option just to request a room near main building?

Any advice appreciated!:wave2:
First of all there is no preferred category there. Standard, Pool/water, and savannah would be the categories. They are all in one building because this is a deluxe resort. If you want close to the lobby specify that.

There is only one building at AKL: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

If you'd like to be close to the lobby, pool, restaurants, etc., pool view fits the bills, however, the rooms can be noisy, IMHO. If you don't care about a savannah view, I wouldn't pay the upcharge for that category. You could also book standard and simply place a "close to lobby" request on your reservation.

General information: this is not necessarily true. Contemporary is two buildings*; Grand Floridian has six*; and Polynesian has nine*.

*All excluding DVC.
:rolleyes2 I said THIS is a deluxe resort specifically talking about the one the OP is asking about. I know that all deluxes are not. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes2 I said THIS is a deluxe resort specifically talking about the one the OP is asking about. I know that all deluxes are not. :rolleyes:
Calm down. I know you know, but not everyone reading this thread might - hence preaching my response with the disclaimer. "They are all in one building because this is a deluxe resort" implied that (all) deluxe resorts are single units.

None of the walk if too far - the elevators are close to the middle - so I'd ask for something close to an elevator.

There are also some rooms right off the lobby area on the 1st floor ( this is near the stairs to go down to Boma and the staircase that leads to the animal viewing areas ). We thought it was often congested in that area because everyone has to walk past those rooms to get to the elevator for Zebra and Kudu. But there are very convenient and reduces the walk to the bus stop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter