Animal Kingdom late arrival til close strategy?

Thoughts on Late Arrival Strategy with following:
  • In July (when afternoon temps awful vs early arrival)
  • With hopes of doing Boma at 6pm (kids get hungry early!

Right now, I am leaning towards leaving GF (on site) and getting there early (not right at rope drop). We will pay for ILL and G+. And leave after lunch. Rest at hotel. Is there enough to see/do with Disney bus travel times???? Hope to be back at AK by 330-4ish. Do a few "walk on rides", and be seated at Boma by 6ish. Is that too crazy?

My kids usually eat by 530. Boma is a must this trip. Or should we just do late arrival as planned above, and just deal with inferno-temps?

Thoughts on Late Arrival Strategy with following:
  • In July (when afternoon temps awful vs early arrival)
  • With hopes of doing Boma at 6pm (kids get hungry early!

Right now, I am leaning towards leaving GF (on site) and getting there early (not right at rope drop). We will pay for ILL and G+. And leave after lunch. Rest at hotel. Is there enough to see/do with Disney bus travel times???? Hope to be back at AK by 330-4ish. Do a few "walk on rides", and be seated at Boma by 6ish. Is that too crazy?

My kids usually eat by 530. Boma is a must this trip. Or should we just do late arrival as planned above, and just deal with inferno-temps?
Also going in July. Looking at last year's July calendar for AK with closing at 7pm, I think we're going to do a late start. Also coming from the West Coast. Staying at WL and don't want to mess with transportation time of going back & forth from resort to park, then park to resort, & back resort to park. Upwards of 2 hours of total travel time all said and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter