Animal Kingdom lodge Jambo 1 bedroom value question

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
What are the views like for the 1 bedroom value resorts at Jambo house. I'm hoping they aren't parking lot views, but was wondering what floors/views typically are in that category. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Lesley

The views vary, but the floor will always be the same because the villas are on the same floor for all of Jambo (with the exception of concierge).

I wouldn't expect much of a view, but I will say the views from Jambo I think are better than at Kidani.

Thanks, I guess I was wondering if they are labled "value" due to the size since they are smaller than the other 1 bedrooms or due to the poor view. Hoping someone will respond with a specific view they had : )
Lesley

Thanks, I guess I was wondering if they are labled "value" due to the size since they are smaller than the other 1 bedrooms or due to the poor view. Hoping someone will respond with a specific view they had : )
Lesley

Here's our "value" 1BR view from June....

KaedyatTowerofTerror006-1.jpg
KaedyatTowerofTerror024-2-1.jpg

KaedyatTowerofTerror026-1.jpg

It viewed the Sunset Savanna. The rooms you see on the other side are the savanna view category. Same view, but our room was 3' shorter and 8 points per night cheaper!

You have 8 2-bedrooms lockoff units with savanna view, 8 2-bedrooms lockoff units with pool view, and 2 2-bedrooms lockoff units with parking lot view. You also have 4 dedicated studios in both savanna and pool view. All value rooms are on the 5th floor.

Thanks guys!! Kristen, what savannah was that so I can put in a request, GREAT VIEW!!! WOW!!!
Lesley

Only Jambo House has Value class DVC units, and it is because of size, they are approx. 3 feet shorter than the other rooms, because of the way they had to convert existing hotel rooms to DVC in Jambo.

You have 8 2-bedrooms lockoff units with savanna view, 8 2-bedrooms lockoff units with pool view, and 2 2-bedrooms lockoff units with parking lot view. You also have 4 dedicated studios in both savanna and pool view. All value rooms are on the 5th floor.

Awesome information! Thanks! Do you know room numbers for those 2 bedroom lockoffs? We just booked our first DVC stay and I was hoping to make a request for the non-parking lot view rooms :)

We just bought DVC about a week ago and are very excited about being new members! Seems like a lot to learn!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Josh

Awesome information! Thanks! Do you know room numbers for those 2 bedroom lockoffs? We just booked our first DVC stay and I was hoping to make a request for the non-parking lot view rooms :)
I think you are always better off just asking for what you want. So if you want a non-parking lot view, ask for a "non-parking lot view," rather than asking for specific room numbers.

There are a total of ten 2BR lockoffs in the Value category. Four of them face the Sunset Savanna, four face the pool area and two face the parking lot. That gives you an 80% chance of avoiding a parking lot view. You can request a savanna or pool view but it is not guaranteed. The Value rooms are popular because of the points savings so I expect all ten Value 1BRs are fully booked most of the time so somebody is going to end up looking at the parking lot no matter what they requested. I would still put in a request but just prepare yourself for the parking lot view just in case you are in that unlucky 20%.

The rooms are about 3 feet shorter than the non-Value rooms in Jambo House. The balconies are also not as deep as those on the non-Value rooms. The occupancy of a Value 1BR is 4 vs. 5 for the non-Value 1BRs at AKV because the Value 1BRs do not have a sleeper chair.

Only Jambo House has Value rooms so your room will be on the 5th floor of Jambo House (the AKL building).

Lesley
They are categorized as "value" because of the size/occupancy of the room. Some people mistakenly call them "Value View" rooms because they assume that because they cost fewer points, they must have a bad view. There are actually some very nice views from those rooms.

I haven't stayed in one but those who have report that they are cramped, particularly because the furnishings in the AKV rooms are large and bulky and take up every bit of space in the room. But they are a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter