Ann & David tie the knot 9/6/10 Guest List

Your dress is very lovely! We seem to have similar tastes. I love the idea of the Japan archway, but I'm very torn between that, the garden, china and morocco. Plus I love the LSS. We're definitely doing our reception there. I hear ya on the MIL issue. I've found the best way to handle that, is to involve her in the planning process. I show her my minds, and "listen" to hers, although I'm still going to do what I want. but at least this way she feels included.

Thanks. I think we've actually decided on the Japan Archway. I'm still undecided but DFi has pretty much set. I love Morocco and it works with our colors. The Japan Gardens are lovely as well. They are all great choices. I know why it's so hard to choose. I love China if it fit the look we were going for I'd pick it.

I love LSS but I'm so worried about the lighting. When I looked at Bride-to-be's pictures it looked okay, but when I looked at Carrie's photos it looked dark. DFi is really wanting the reception at Studios so we'll most likely go that route.

After we secure our date and location I plan on sitting down with my future mil and get some "ideas" on flowers and things. But she likes to ask every couple of weeks if we've secured our date yet. Even though we've told her about the 1 year thing. So until then We'll just let her talk.

I need opinions:
We've decided to go for our site visit Aug 27-Aug 30 (My birthday is Aug 28) We're going to do the Wishes Dessert Party.

We I can't decide if I should book free dining and stay at All Star Sports or if I should book AP rate and stay at Port Orleans-French Quarter and only plan 1-2 TS and do more QS.

I've never stayed at POFQ, but it's on my list of to do someday. Beignets don't appeal to me, since they have powered sugar. We most likely will spend most of our time in the parks. So we won't use the features of the resort, water slide, and boat to downtown disney.

On the other hand, we don't need the 1-day tickets. I still have an active AP, DFi has an AP voucher. Since we have 2 more trips planned before our wedding next year. We could end up giving the tickets to family members, but we're planning on setting them up with dining packages next year, and I still have 2 1-day tickets from past free dining trips.

your dress is very pretty I love the color of the sash- how exciting that is arrived early!:goodvibes
Thank You. I love to color too.

I think I would still do hair and makeup, or at least makeup, especially if you don't often wear it.

I don't really wear makeup either. There is definitely an art to putting it on and a professional can do amazing things. Also, you will want good quality makeup for your wedding so that it will not run, smear, or do odd things to your coloring. Good quality makeup is very expensive. It would be similar in cost to having someone come and do your makeup and less stressful if it is not something you are familiar with doing. :goodvibes Just some things to think about!

DFi has decided I'm getting someone to do my hair and makeup, even if he has to pay for it. When I told him I thought about not doing it. He didn't want me stressed about it.
I did decide I'm going to do my own hair and makeup for the MK portrait session. I'm going to get some good quality products. I'll need makeup to do my own for my friends wedding. I don't think she's having someone come to do hair and makeup for her or others.

We're about 90% certain that the ceremony will be in Japan facing the water :love:
It's just where is the best view of Spaceship Earth. I'd like to hold in under the arch either way, but David wants to look about 20 feet to the right of it, he thinks that has a better view.

Hey there! I just read your planning journal this morning, and I love all of your current ideas! Can't wait to read some more. But in the meantime... I have a picture to share!

The view directly beneath the archway is a bit obstructed with the trees, here is a picture I took in March to show this (about the 20 ft to the right like your fiancee was wanting):

dscn1341.jpg

So there is a way to position your ceremony to get both the arch and Spaceship Earth in... as long as you don't mind being a little off center! ;) And who knows, maybe after the ceremony and before your reception, you could both stand underneath the arch with the officiant and hold a little "mock" ceremony for even more pictures. That way, he has pictures of the icon unobstructed, but you still get ones underneath the arch with the trees in the background.

Hope that helps!

P.S. - I loooooove the Alfred Angelo Little White Dress you posted in a different thread! Thanks for sharing it! I have it bookmarked already! :rotfl:

Sarah <3 Disney THANK YOU!!

That's what DFi really wants...sadly I want it to be in the middle. I like the trees. I want to bring green into the colors and well trees are green. lol
So we'll probally pose a few shots there. Really he just needs to understand that people are not going to forget they're at Disney.

I do love the Alfred Angelo dress. I'm just waiting until I've fully decided on wedding plans to get anything.

I BOOKED MY TRIP TODAY....Sorry for Caps I'm super excited. I've already set up my site visit for Aug 28 at 1pm (On my birthday!!!!) I'm going to sit down with DFi and make a list of sites we want to see. So far we have:
Ceremony:
Japan and Italy Isola (although we can check that out on our own)
Reception:
Prop Shop (DFi's first choice location)
Hollywood Hideaway (DFi's 2nd choice location, my 3rd)
Living Seas (depending on lighting my 2nd choice, DFi's 3rd)
The Oddyseey (my first choice, but it might be too big)
American Adventure Parlor (I'm not sure how this made the list) but DFi liked it, plus you can see Spaceship earth from the front window

I just wanted to say I was appalled to read some of the comments people left on your pj...I do think everyone is entitled to their opinions, but at the same time I also believe there's a time and place to say things...
To me, your pj should be a place to share what you want without having to worry that ppl will be completely and utterly catty and rude. Saying you don't agree is one thing...being degrading in any way another.

That being said, and I apologize...I needed to get that off my chest...I love your dress. It's beautiful. I agree with your DFi that you should get your make up done by a pro to eliminate any stress about it. Make up for me is eye liner, and some minor eye shadow, and even that sometimes is a pain in the a**. I only wear it cause I hate how I look without it.

I'm looking forward to your site visits...DH and I are trying to decide where to do our VR.

Keep posting please!!

Sarah <3 Disney THANK YOU!!

That's what DFi really wants...sadly I want it to be in the middle. I like the trees. I want to bring green into the colors and well trees are green. lol
So we'll probally pose a few shots there. Really he just needs to understand that people are not going to forget they're at Disney.

I do love the Alfred Angelo dress. I'm just waiting until I've fully decided on wedding plans to get anything.

Glad I could help! :thumbsup2 I just like posting pictures... :rotfl:

And yay for planning your trip! I hope you take lots of pictures when you finally go and share them with us! Can't wait to read more!

I will take tons of pictures. I need pictures for my blog and for planning.

We paid off our trip tonight. So it's really getting close...45 more sleeps.

We sent Pam our list of reception locations we'd like to visit:
Living Seas, Odyseey, Prop Shop, and Hollywood Hideaway. DFi will be incharge of the camera during most the sites as I'll be busy writing my notes.

Our trip plans are:
Aug 27 arrive (hopefully we'll fly, but it'll depend on costs)
MK for the afternoon/evening
Aug 28
Animal Kingdom for Donald Safari Breakfast
ride the safari and give a kiss to Mickey
Meet Pam at Franks for our site visit
Epcot for the evening
Dinner at Garden Grill to celebrate my birthday!
Aug 29
Hollywood Studios
TSM and ST
Lunch at Sci-Fi (another one of my faves)
Magic Kingdom for the afternoon/evening (got to catch the new parade)
Wishes Dessert Party (still need to call and book it)
Aug 30
MK for the morning
and the hit the road by 2pm to head home if we drive.

I'm really excited. I've ordered all sorts of new clothes and I'm thinking about ordering a new camera strap cover and some other small things. I've already put in my lens rental for the trip and hope to buy one of the lenses if I don't find it at a newly closing Wolf Camera.

So, I reached a breaking point today. A breaking point that's makes me reconsider having a Disney wedding all together.

The Photography is one of the most important elements of the wedding to me. I don't like that I'm having to risk my photos on a "request". Tonight, I called my dad just to check in. I broke down in tears about the whole thing. I'm going to have to have a conversation with Pam to ask a few questions my dad and I came up with today.

Disney is my dream wedding, but with how important photography is to me. I don't want to risk it. If I have to consider a different location I guess that's the next step I'll have to consider. I thought about pricing out a few options of places I'd like to use here in Atlanta, and starting the seach for vendors.

I'm kinda in a holding pattern with photography issues. My dad's getting his lawyer involved once we get the contract. We want a Disney wedding, but I have to know if I'll be okay "giving in" to the most important thing to me.

In case photography wasn't enough. David's boss invited himself to the wedding.

Back Story:
David goes to his boss to put in the request for the days off for our site visit. David's boss informs him that they have a no vacation durning the first two weeks of the semester rule. David explains why we're taking the trip. David's boss says it isn't a problem. But there was a 2 hour conversation that followed about where we were staying, eating, doing. It's a very Disney friendly office.

Well last Friday David was talking with his boss and his boss's boss. David's days off came up and it was mentioned that he was going for a wedding site visit. Then I'm told "well we'll be there, even if we're not invited we can come crash". David decided he'd have to invite him then. Well then a bigger problem arrises. There are a total of 8 people in the department. We had planned on inviting 2 of the department David's boss, and David's good friend. We decided over the weekend to just invite everyone, except the new guy who no one likes. Yesterday, David was asked who he was inviting because if it was the entire department they'd have to try to work something out because well not everyone can go.

We thought about that as well. Since we weren't planning to invite 1 and we know 1 won't be able to make it. We think we'll be in the clear. David has to be there his bosses will be there (they always go to Disney together) David will pull for his friend to be there. The other in the department we're not sure if she'll come, but did say last week how she's always wanted to go to Disney. So David is really stressed because his invite list is a lot larger then mine. Which doesn't bother me. I know people I'd like to invite, but one while he's a great friend is an ex and I know it's kinda taboo and I don't want David to be uncomfrotable.

So our guest list last week was 25-30 our guest list has grown to about 35-45. This is without guest lists from my dad, david's family, and those that I think I'd really like to invite, but don't think would make the trip. I'm really surprised at how many people are excited about coming to our wedding, and how few people are anti the disney wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter