AnnieT's Journal-Lo-Carb and WW- It can be done!!!!-Comments Welcome :)

Haven't measured Karen-- I haven't been able to locate my measuring tape! :( But the clothes are definitely feeling looser. I'm comfy in 8's and my 10's have tons of room now. Not bad since not so long ago 10's were tight- I should have been in 12's but I refused!!!!!!:)

Agree with K - Sat is a good day for a WI. Headless is bad enough - would hate to see and arm or leg go too!

Hang in there - YOU ARE MAKING PROGRESS :D Comfy clothes - good sign of progress.

Here's to a good Thurs and Friday, a great WI and then is it VACATION TIME????

Not until Monday:(

But Sunday is packing day. Might have to shoot down to RI on Sunday and visit Frederick's of Hollywood to pack a little something fun for my trip!;)

I just wanted to say I love your journal and it's given me some great ideas to get the scale moving downward. I've now lost 3 lbs in two weeks and that's the most I've lost in a long time back to back. Thanks for the inspiration.

Weigh in at WW showed a gain 0f 1.4 (for a total in the last 2 weeks of 1.6) but NOBODY PANIC! I am quite certain it's just fluid from adding carbs back into my diet. 1.6 is not enough for me to worry about. I am also quite certain it will be gone, very soon since I have a pretty active two week vacation planned.

I just got the book "Eat Drink and Be Healthy" by Dr. Willet in the mail, so I'll be taking that on vacation with me as well. I am very interested in his nutritional theories after having spoken to one of his devotees a couple of months back.

I also am taking lessons from TIGH, and I know that's going to help, since once I get back from vacation I plan on hitting the weights again and I am really looking forward to it. TIG- I KNOW your plan is going to give me the enegy I need to get through some tough workouts, and I am looking forward to some challenging workouts!!!!!!!!!!! I have osteoarthritis in my neck and I get so much relief when I lift weights and strengthen my back, arms and shoulders, and it has been bothering me lately, so I am looking forward to some relief for that as well.

Went to Nantucket yesterday first time EVER! and LOVED IT! It's very pretty over there, and a lot of art galleries with art that is WAY out of my price range, but nice to browse through. We went to lunch and I ordered a salmon burger. It was yummy and served with FF:eek: but again NOBODY PANIC- It was Fresh Fruit, not french fries!!!! :) I don't know how to count it for points- It was on 2 small pitas and with the fruit that's 3- it had a very little bit of mayo on it so there's 5, but the salmon was mixed with veggies, like peppers to give it flavor, so I'm thinking the whole meal was 10 MAYBE 12 points. I also had a frosty Whale's Tale (a native Nantucket beer) and then Alan and I split a 1/2 of an Italian sub (that had only like 4 pieces of meat in it) on the ferry back to Cape Cod. So all in all I think I did okay yesterday. Still feeling like I have more control than the food does, so that's a GOOD thing!

Laurie- I'm so happy to hear I've inspired someone!!!!!!! Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing!:)

It was a boring weekend and I should have exercised, but I didn't. I got some errands done and then some cleanining and packing but I got some snacking done too!:eek: That's over with. Off to Vermont, NY and NH this morning- doing a 2 week tour of Northern New England/upstate NY, but we have lots of activities planned. Each place has a pool so I want to swim EVERY DAY, and NY is Lake George where they have paddle boats and canoes. In NH I'll be doing lots of hiking. Already warned Alan- a hike a day, even if it's a small one, so be prepared! I'd go by myself but I'm afraid of getting eaten by a bear.

Brought some 2 point granola bars with me and my favorite salad dressing. We'll probably eat in a lot, since all of the places have a fridge and some have a microwave. We do have at least 3 dinners planned at restaurants, but that's not bad for 14 days, and I think I'll try to keep those dinners low carb.

I'm thinking of this as my refocus vacation. I hope to be in the right frame of mind for jumping back into healthy eating and fitness with both feet by the time I get back.

I'll be back on the 24th of August, so my next update won't be until then.

Had a great time, and feel totally destressed now. Brought along "Eat Drink and Be Healthy" to read and OH MY what an EYE OPENER. I highly suggest it for anyone interested in eating to stay healthy, although the writing is kind of dry. Did a lot of thinking and realized, it's NOT about the scale going down (well it is, but bear with me) it's not about a smaller dress size, it's about staying HEALTHY! And I came to the realization that MANY of my habits are NOT as healthy as they could be. I had no idea that products with "partially hydrogenated" anything on their labels, contain the unhealthy trans fats that are in margarine. And here all these years I prided myself on not eating margarine- big deal when 1/2 the products in my cupboard are processed with something that's partially hydrogenated.

I had gotten away from using my beloved olive oil and having my nightly glass of wine, all in efforts to shed pounds. I'm going back to my old ways.
Good bye junk foods. Hello fruits and veggies and nuts and lean proteins and wine and whiskey againe!!!!!

I have also realized that when I focus hard on creating a specific outcome I'm doomed. I'm going to sit back and take life moment to moment, meal by meal. There is no destination, only the continuous journey on the path to good health.

I have also realized that when I focus hard on creating a specific outcome I'm doomed. I'm going to sit back and take life moment to moment, meal by meal. There is no destination, only the continuous journey on the path to good health.

Now there's words I should live by! I've given up saying "I'm going to lose x number of lbs by such and such date, because all I become is frustrated.

Welcome back and glad you enjoyed your vacation!!:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter