Annual MF's for 1000+ pt. Members

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
I am amazed to see the number of DVC members that have 1000+ pts. Would anyone care to disclose how much thier annual MF's are? I would be curious to know what kind of impact the fees have in relation to one's vacation habits?:goodvibes

I am amazed to see the number of DVC members that have 1000+ pts. Would anyone care to disclose how much thier annual MF's are? I would be curious to know what kind of impact the fees have in relation to one's vacation habits?:goodvibes

I don't have 1000 points ....yet, 625 and working on it. But it is all relative. If you can afforrd the $90-100 cost to buy your points, you certainly should be able to afford the $4150 to $4500 cost of the maintenance fees.

I don't have 1000 points ....yet, 625 and working on it. But it is all relative. If you can afforrd the $90-100 cost to buy your points, you certainly should be able to afford the $4150 to $4500 cost of the maintenance fees.

This one would assume. But I wonder how many get caught up in the "addontitis" and don't realize the financial ramifications come January? Is Disney the only place people travel with this many points? Do they rent some of these points, or use them all?

Dues range from $4.12 to $5.63 per point. Figure an average rate around $4.70 per point.

We pay monthly, so it doesn't seem quite as bad. Current: $391.48/month for 230 OKW and 770 BWV. Because we recently added 150 BWV points, we can expect that number to go up $63 or so/month plus whatever the dues increase is for 2008. It is only because we are content to live in a very ordinary house with no big mortgage payment that we can afford this. We have chosen to invest in vacations rather than our homestead, since we cannot afford both.

We pay monthly, so it doesn't seem quite as bad. Current: $391.48/month for 230 OKW and 770 BWV. Because we recently added 150 BWV points, we can expect that number to go up $63 or so/month plus whatever the dues increase is for 2008. It is only because we are content to live in a very ordinary house with no big mortgage payment that we can afford this. We have chosen to invest in vacations rather than our homestead, since we cannot afford both.
Sounds like you have planned very well. I only have 224 pts., so my MF's will be a little over $1,000. Haven't got my first break down yet to see how much of that I can write off on taxes, but I was wondering maybe some get a big tax break from the MF's and maybe don't own a home.

We're retired so have lots of time to go to Disney (and really stretch the points)

Big point is our house is paid for in full (for several years now), so absolutely no house mortgage payments to make every month).

The dues on our 400 points doesn't even come close to what we use to pay for the home mortgage.:thumbsup2

In fact, IF we owned 1000 points, the dues on that still wouldn't approach what we use to pay on the home mortgage...

My guess is 3 things:

1. For some money is not an issue and paying dues on 1000 points is no big deal.

2. Some, like ourselves, do not have a lot of other expenses and so dues is not a big factor.

3. Some are basically renters ('commercial' or otherwise) who rent out a portion of their points to pay the dues on all the points.

Don't have 1000 points, but I look at the fees I pay as part of my vacation expense. Once and awhile, I think we need to be reminded what we would be paying. The year we needed two rooms at POR RS for a week cost us close to $2000; sealed the decision to buy. Now I pay less than $1000 a year for a 2BR 2BA with a kitchen and living room, and there are no taxes. That's the other kicker, the 11% tax on top of the rack rates.

Mine are just over $5400 per year - but I pay monthly so I don't really notice it. Like the previous poster, my home has been paid off for a number of years. Other than a car payment (financed at zero %) I have no outstanding debt, so I can afford a luxury like DVC. I also live a simple life - don't smoke ($$$$$$), gamble, collect useless crap, shop excessively, golf, or have any expensive hobbies.

Yes, I thought maybe some have their homes paid off. And if you look at DVC as having sort of a second home, the MF's on those 1000+ contracts still look a whole lot cheaper than the price of the real "brick and mortor".:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter