ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Guess we will have to do a cost comparison and look at the usage details before our trip next Jan/Feb to see if this is better than buying regular park passes :)

Last edited:
Unless something has changed, you have to go to guest services to activate a pass. Scanning through a turnstile will not activate a pass.

The guest services step is necessary to verify membership and eligibility for the passes. For example, I can buy APs for household members that are NOT on the membership, so they need to verify they live at my address.
For renewals this past year, you did not have to go to guest services to activate. I do not know about new passes, though.

We don't buy APs (and we are not blue card anyway) but I'm super happy for all the people that have been patiently 😉 waiting for them to come back! And great news that the sorcerer pass will be available like in the past.

Anyone know if you would be able to use the pixie pass to upgrade to the Sorcerer Pass?
You can upgrade the pixie pass, you have to pay the difference between the two and your expiration date remains the same. Here's the language from the AP website:

Beginning April 20, 2023, existing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will have the option to upgrade their Annual Pass into any available pass type outside of their renewal window on our website or via the My Disney Experience app. The difference in price must be paid in full at the time of the upgrade and the new pass will have the same expiration date as the original pass.

Another question. Say we buy the pass when it becomes available on April 20. Is that the date it activates, or is it like it was in the past where we can activate later (oh, I don't know, let's say August) and it would be good 1 year from that date of activation?

Another question. Say we buy the pass when it becomes available on April 20. Is that the date it activates, or is it like it was in the past where we can activate later (oh, I don't know, let's say August) and it would be good 1 year from that date of activation?

It typically activates the first time you use it. You also have one year from the date of purchase to activate it.

I'd be buying park tickets today and staying an extra night to upgrade on the last day. But that's just me.... lol
I'm also scheduled to be leaving on 4/12. I was thinking about extending to upgrade tickets on the 13th, but the email specifies that online sales start the 13th for DVC members, so I'm not sure if it would actually work.

10 day ticket with hopper is 795.20 (just picked end of may as starting point)

5 day ticket is 694.66

Pricing direct from disney

So maths wise you'd need to do two or more shorter trips to make it be cheaper, if you do one long trip actually cheaper just to buy tickets. Or do the whole one trip one week and then another trip offset to week before deal.

What was the price last time it was sold?

This is exciting…and it is good to see that they have decided to add the ability to buy the Sorcerer pass more often!

I love too that we will be able to buy them online which is another new feature.

5 day ticket is 694.66

So maths wise you'd need to do two or more shorter trips to make it be cheaper, if you do one long trip actually cheaper just to buy tickets. Or do the whole one trip one week and then another trip offset to week before deal.

It isn't meant to beat out a long one trip ticket. It was 899 last time.

5 day ticket is 694.66

The prices went up in December…when they were not even for sale….it was $70 increase doe Sorcerer and $100 for Incredi

We do several short trips, so for us, this makes a big difference.

Also curious. Last time we had passes for our household, I was on the phone for that. My husband's name is not on our deed. How will I be able to prove he has the same address online?
We’ve bought for household members several times over the years. In the past you had to activate your voucher at guest relations at a park before entering for the first use. At that time household members had to show ID with your current address listed.

I’m not sure if that will be the same process moving forward.

I love too that we will be able to buy them online which is another new feature.
Oh didnt catch that.

Who wants to bet they screw it up to start with and all those white card members manage to get one when not eligible and then they sell out and people complain they didnt get one who could actually get one...

Oh didnt catch that.

Who wants to bet they screw it up to start with and all those white card members manage to get one when not eligible and then they sell out and people complain they didnt get one who could actually get one...

I doubt it this time - I am sure a significant part of this decision is the hugely decreased demand in DVC direct purchases the last few months.

I'm also scheduled to be leaving on 4/12. I was thinking about extending to upgrade tickets on the 13th, but the email specifies that online sales start the 13th for DVC members, so I'm not sure if it would actually work.
If you're seriously considering it, it's worth the phone call to MS to clarify / confirm the processes available that day.

The prices went up in December…when they were not even for sale….it was $70 increase doe Sorcerer and $100 for Incredi

We do several short trips, so for us, this makes a big difference.
Oh definitely, youre a prime example of AP making a huge difference in ownership.

Im opposite, we go once a year currently and do 4-5 park days, so wouldnt save us anything.

Plus not eligible :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter