Another confusing question about free dining and tickets

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
This is long - I apologize in advance for all your sighs as you read this ;)

Okay, so I know if you have previous hopper tickets or AP's you can each get 1 day tickets to then get the free dining. I do get that and that is what we plan on doing since DH and I still have previous hopper tickets AND I have an AP now too. dd also has her own hopper too.

So, I would like to surprise my parents with a WDW stay with us and this free dining works out great so I can pay for the full package (as they are tight on money but my dad still ALWAYS wants to pay!!.) We normally do deluxes but I think I have decided to do 2 rooms at the POP and get free dining for both rooms.

Now for our room we would obviously do just one day base tickets for all 3 of us (me, DH and dd3.) My parents room, I would like to get tickets for their length of stay. Then I thought, can't they use mine and DH's no expire hopper tickets one day while we use the base 1 day we purchased to get the free dining? Then that is one less day I have to buy tickets for them. That is an option - since the separate hoppers are transferable to someone else - right? I wasn't sure about this because I know now that you put your fingers in that thingy even for no expire hoppers now - was never sure why :confused3 except maybe they make sure the same person uses it that particular day.

Okay and one more thing, bear with me I am almost done :teeth: - since I have an AP my 1 day would never really need to be used by me. Can my DH use it instead so as to not use a day on his no expire hopper pass? I am not sure how the Magic your Way tickets are - if only you can use them. My AP doesn't expire until May 2006 so I don't think I could wait that long to use it to renew so I hate to let it waste if I don't have to.

Thank you thank you - sorry so long :blush:

As for the first part of the question, technically all tickets, past and present have been non-transferrable. However, if they are the old hopper tickets that are not the new MYW tickets then I would go ahead and give them to your parents to use the remaining day(s) so you can save money and use them and be done with it. That is what I would do personally.

As for the second question I am not entirely sure but I think that that ticket will have to be used by you since it will be tied to your name. I do believe they have names on the back of them making them harder to transfer. I know someone else around here knows for sure.

HTH some.

The one day pass will be on your room key which will have your name printed on the front.

If anyone else uses the pass and has problems, they will have to show ID to get into the park.

Are you booking your room and your parents room together? If so, everyone will have to have the same type of tickets. If you want to do different ticket media for both rooms, then you can't book the rooms on the same reservation.

Never is a long time. Save the one day that is under your name and use it to towards an AP upgrade next year.
I for one love the idea of having a usable pass left over, it makes another trip a sure thing because DH and I would hate to waste something like that :)

Oh and what a nice child you are.

I loved the dining plan idea because it will make a Grand Gathering so much easier for my family, there are a ton of us and there is always a fight over the bill.

okay - so that one ticket never expires for me if I don't use it. Then I will wait and hold on to it to renew my AP or for our next trip. Now I just have to figure out how many days we are going. This is dd's last year before kindergarten - we are very excited.

Is anyone out there getting all the days with the package and saving their hoppers for another trip? Once I started crunching the numbers, it is pretty cheap to add the days with the package, esp kids if there is no expiration added. Do you think I should put dd on my parents reservation so she can save her hopper for another trip? Then DH and I would just do one day? The prices are really good. I certainly paid a lot more for my no expire hoppers a year ago.

Suzanne74 said:
Is anyone out there getting all the days with the package and saving their hoppers for another trip?

Actually we are getting the package for 5 nights, but we bought 10 day non-expiring hoppers to go with it. ::yes::

I priced out the "per day" price for buying 1 MYW ticket (to get the package) and then 10 day hoppers from Ticketmania (a total of 11 days) and then the 10 day hopper from CRO and it ended up being (IF my figures are right) $35.77 per day buying the 2 separate passes, and $34.84 per day buying only the 10 day passes.

(I hope that this makes sense. ;) )

Does it depend on the CM you get on the phone, because when I called yesterday, the CM told me that in order to get the free dining plan, I had to buy at least a 6 day park pass for everyone in my party. I know from reading these boards that it can be done with buying just the one day, so what terminology do I have to use to get the CM's to get it done the right way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter