Another Newbie Question...is 2 days enough

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Hi there - me again. Planning our first Disneyland trip. We're going to be in So. California for 6 nights. We want to visit some beach areas (I'm leaning towards Huntington, Venice (to people watch), and maybe Laguna. We want to visit the Tar Pits and some museums in LA. And do Disneyland and CA Adventure of course. We're staying at the HoJo on Harbour...got a great rate through Mousesavers. We won't be in the room much, so we didn't want to spring for a nicer hotel like we do when we visit WDW...there we like Deluxes but we spend a lot of time at our resort.

My main question is this: Would 2 days at Disnelyand and CA Adventure be enough? How much is a 2-day park hopper or is there such a thing? I'm trying to cram everything in to 6 days, one of which is our arrival day. We arrive around noon on Monday, leaving Sunday a.m. I want to leave enough time for other things. My DH wants 3 days at the parks and I'm trying to determine if 2 will be enough so we can do a lot of other things. On Saturday, my husband has an audition with Opera Pacific so that day will be broken up a little...not much...auditions are only 10 minutes tops.

Thanks to all - we're "east-coasters" who don't know what we're doing. :-)

PamNC

You didn't say when you would be going, which play a big part in whether or not 2 days is "enough." For me three-days is minimum and we go just about every year. In two days you can get a lot done but deffiently won't have time to "smell the roses." You will need to get there before opening and stay until close. A 2-day hopper is available at the gate for about $98 or so.

for the info. Sorry, I forgot to mention when we were going, you're right. It's 5/16 - 5/22.

can you afford $390.00 per night for a few days ??

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

this is at the Surf & Sand Beach Resort DIRECTLY on the ocean in laguna Beach. You don't have to cross the highway to get to the beach as this hotel is right on it !! :banana:

If you want a couple days of rest & relax where you can pamper yourself I highly suggest it.

http://www.surfandsandresort.com/

Pam we went to DL and DCA a few years ago and thought that 3 days were not enough.so this time we are doing 4 days.. . but to put that into perspective, we go to WDW for 2 weeks every year and that isn't enough either..

I think if it's your first time to visit DL 3 days would be good but not 2. We're Californians and normally get annual passes so 2 days would be okay for us, but when ever we leave we wish we had that extra day. In DL you don't want to rush since it is Walt's park, you want to be able to soak everything in. Also you are going in May, the 50th celebration starts in May so it might be more crowded than it normally would be, just something to consider. The weather should be nice that time of the year in So. Cal. as well. :earboy2:

Hope this helps!

Krispe said:
We're Californians and normally get annual passes so 2 days would be okay for us, but when ever we leave we wish we had that extra day.
I did this ONCE. We went for two full days and then the evening we arrived. I really wished we had one more full day. For me 3 days is perfect.

Well - we aim for at least 3 days. You can usually do most of the parks in 3 days, but with crowds - not so much! We actually try to go fo four days so that we can not be theme park commandos! We're going in April and 3 days doesn't sound like enough! But if you only have 2 days to spend - you'll still have a good time - just plan ahead what you'll be willing to pass up - you'd be amazed what they fit in to 2 parks there! A lot of what is spread out at the 4 parks at WDW is squished into the 2 there. Have a good vacation!

I think 2 days will not be enough.

It took us 3 days to see everything (and we used a 4th to revisit our favourites).

We have two kids, so that might have slowed us down but we were also there at a time when there were no queues for anything.

Make it 3, or accept in 2 you might have to miss a few things.

I assume that being from SC, that you have seen lots of beach.......If I were you I would visit the Pacific for a few hours to "check it off the list", but i would spend at least 3 days at DLR.

I agree. Do your sight-seeing on Monday, Saturday, and one other day, and allow 3 days for Disney.

Well, I think my husband will win out - sounds like we need 3 days. Thanks to everyone for the replies. We do have beautiful beaches in NC, but they are so different from west coast beaches that we definitely want to spend some time at the beaches. We love the coast (especially Florida's)!! We also want to hit some LA stuff (not sure exactly what yet). Surely with 6 days, well 5 1/2, we'll be able to get in a lot!!!

So, we'll need to buy 3 day park hoppers - can anyone recommend the best/cheapest way to purchase these?? Can I get them at my local Disney store?

Thanks

PamNC

Our local Costco has a four day Disneyland pass available for $89.00. I visited the one in Fountain Valley but there is one in Garden Grove which would probably be the closes one to DLR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter