Another News Tidbit on Bluto's !

CoasterFEV

Mouseketeer
In the not to distant future, the height requirement at Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges will be lowered from 48" to 42". This is a result of guest feedback and some great work by engineering to insure the same levels of guest safety.

Previously, there was one large seatbelt for every two guests on the raft. If you notice, each guest now has their own smaller seatbelt. That way if someone who is 42" tall is sitting next to a "larger" adult, they have their own seatbelt and are safely secured in the seat.

Most modifications are complete on the rafts as of this weekend. Final signoffs and signage changes are in the works. Hopefully the 42" height requirement will go into effect in the next 3 weeks.

And with the smaller seat belts, a person will not be able to loosen it so he could lift up to keep personal seat dry!:smooth:

Will these seatbelts be able to be unbucked during the ride? I've seen people unbuckle the belt so they can jump back and forth on the boat to avoid getting wet. That is a good way to get hurt! :)

My 46" daughter really hopes that it is in place by the 5th, so she can ride. It will make it easier since then all 4 of us could ride and not have to swap. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Great news! My 5 an 7 year olds love this type of ride but were going to be a little bit short again this year for Popeye. They'll both make the new limit! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter