Another Rumor Circulating - POFQ Closing

We were offered to stay at the caribbean or Dolphin or Swan. We selected the Dolphine or Swan. We stayed at the Caribbean last time and I thought the rooms needed a little upgrading. Very disappointed. The kids loved the pool area. What do you think we should do? I heard that the food is very expensive at the Dolphin and Swan. Not that we will eat there, but we will get the mugs etc? Christine.

Better check on the Resorts board about the mug. I think the Dolphin/Swan is an upgrade although I'm surprised they are allowed to book that as it isn't really a Disney resort.
Maybe its just because its the cruise line.

Just a correction, Orlando hotels are not running at 29% occupancy. Even the Sentinel just reported that Orlando hotels are at 58.2% down from last year at this time of 88%.

Originally posted by YoHo
Hey, I have all the confidence in the world in ya, I just found it funny that he was in essence using a post you wrote that was seen by his wife as confirmation of a different post you wrote seen by him. :)

Well I'm glad <italic>somebody</italic> found it funny - I sure did ;)

DR

Originally posted by lovdisney
We were offered to stay at the caribbean or Dolphin or Swan. We selected the Dolphine or Swan. We stayed at the Caribbean last time and I thought the rooms needed a little upgrading. Very disappointed. The kids loved the pool area.

Now I'm confused. Why would Disney transfer guests to the Swan/Dolphin while WDW has so many rooms at its own resorts sitting empty? With FQ closed, I would have thought an upgrade to deluxe (or Coronado/Carribbean) would have been the possible choices.

I am guessing that the Swan/Dolphin are empty because lack of Conferences going on. I would rather stay at another resort. I know that they use the Swan/Dolphin for cruise's which is what we are doing. The 7 day land/sea. I want to stay at another resort instead of the Carribean which was offered to us. I don't consider that really an upgrade. We stayed there last night and needs some work. But the kids loved the pool area. I would love to stay at the Disney Beach Club. If it is considered an upgrade, you would think that we would be able to choose the hotel in that cat.
Might trying complaining tomorrow. Christine.

LovDisney-

I am also doing the land/sea cruise. When I called my travel agent this morning, he didn't know about the details yet. I am definitely not interested in Carribbean Beach, Swan or Dolphin! Was Port Orleans Riverside a choice for you? When we originally booked the cruise we could take PO-FQ, PO-R, or CB for the same price. With all the changes, I would much prefer to stay at monorail resort. Were you offered a good deal on this?

Brenda

Just wanted to say that I am so sorry for those of you who had planned on POFQ and are now faced with making alternate arrangements. If it helps, I understand that the Caribbean Beach Resort has just recently gone through a rehab, inside and out, so if you do end up having to stay there it should at least be looking much nicer.

We were not given a choice on our 7 day land/sea package - we were told we are going to the Swan/Dolphin and would not know which one until our documents arrived, which really aggravates me becuase I have a previous night booked of POFQ also which they will NOT comp to the Swan/Dolphin - they will only move us to another moderate, so we will have to stay one night someplace else and then get up pack and move to a new resort.

ozmo19
At this point the occupancy levels that you read may be suspect. Hotels don't count rooms that aren't available for rent when they compute the percentage. Disney (and I assume other hotels) are closing floors, buildings and now an entire resort (POFQ). The occupancy is going up not just because bookings are increasing but because capacity is being reduced.

Has anyone stayed at Carribean lately? We enjoyed the pool area and the snack bar. However, the first night there, we couldn't find our hotel room. All we knew was that it as a blue roof and the number ended in a 5. It must have been jet lag or something? :) We were really tired and walked to all these rooms that ened in 5 to find ours. Some of you are wondering why didn't we go to the front desk? Far away and it was late. Just something both my husband and I spaced out on was to confirm our room number before heading to the park. If the Hotel has been updated then I think we will stay there. Much more Disney don't you think than the swan/dolphin? Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter