Another waiting for Southwest thread!

Hi! i'm waiting for fares for 9/27-10/4 from Philly as well... when they are released will the be on Ding! as well?? I have no idea if I should buy them as soon as they're released or try to get a good ding fare --- could someone please help!!

Thank you sooo much!! :)

Disney Fool said:
I've checked the fares also, and from July through August, the availability is wide-open. The fish are not biting--and neither am I :smooth:

Count me in. I'm not biting and it appears that not many are biting either for the time period I'm looking at for my inlaws. I'll sweat it I mean..wait it...out. :)

I agree with Pixiedust34......I think next week at the earliest for the next release of SW fares. At this point I'm leaning more toward the week of the 15th or maybe even the 22nd especially if the schedule stays as wide open as it looks right now. DH and I are taking our DGS for a short 4 day trip in early June and right now it still looks like there is a lot of availability on our flights.
And I just booked those flights about two weeks ago. I got our fares at $59
OW right after the last release so I grabbed them since I had a credit which covered the cost for all three of us RT.

We are going in August, but fares are still too high to book. I am waiting to that special ding. Nothing into August yet :wizard:

My crystal ball is telling me May 25th, it would make sense days wise and pattern wise. It would be 110 days to the end of the schedule and the pattern has currently gone Thur, Fri, Thur, Mon, Thur, Tues, Thur, Wed for release dates. JMHO.

emmabelle said:
My crystal ball is telling me May 25th, it would make sense days wise and pattern wise. It would be 110 days to the end of the schedule and the pattern has currently gone Thur, Fri, Thur, Mon, Thur, Tues, Thur, Wed for release dates. JMHO.

if i have to wait 'til 5/25, i will slit my wrists!!! that's TORTURE!!! :badpc: :furious: say it ain't so!

gigi1313 said:
if i have to wait 'til 5/25, i will slit my wrists!!! that's TORTURE!!! :badpc: :furious: say it ain't so!

It totally is torture, I had my cruise booked since June 10, 2005 and had to wait until April 19, 2006 to book my air for August 19, 2006. That's just the way it is with SW.

Add me to the list that defected to AirTran! In the end, I'd rather have the security of knowing we have airfare taken care of than endlessly waiting for what MIGHT be a cheaper flight. All in all, we spent $60 more total than I hoped, but its worth it in my mind. Best of luck to all those still waiting it out!!

Hey, if no one mentioned it, download a little free program called URLy Warning. You tell it which pages to watch, and it will check them several times a day. Great for catching SWA changes the day they occur!

MrShiny said:
Hey, if no one mentioned it, download a little free program called URLy Warning. You tell it which pages to watch, and it will check them several times a day. Great for catching SWA changes the day they occur!
Got it, Mr. Shiny! I love that thing! I have that submarine dive dive sound going off when they change the schedule.
I love it :cheer2:

Sorry, needed to bump. This topic on page 3 of the thread makes me feel lonely!

I know 5/25 seems to be the day, but here's hoping for next week!

Have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

I'm a little nervous about the upcoming fares. The Internet Specials are gone. At the last schedule extension, I booked a flight from BWI to MCO for $79. Now the lowest price is $99. The Internet Special column is completely gone from our options when booking a flight. I don't know if the Internet Specials will return with the next schedule extension or not. :confused3

I have a feeling if the airlines (not just SW....all the airlines) want to fill seats this summer and fall prices will drop. Take a look at all the open slots on the SW website for June (even early June which is two weeks away). Yeah, the Internet Special fares aren't showing, but, there are still a LOT of fares open......that translates to a lot of empty seats. I would think the airline would rather have some income for those seats than none. Also, if those seats do remain empty we may see a lot of cancelled flights in the upcoming months or a reduction in the number of flights per day from a given airport in order to fill the flights that do remain. That could be one reason why SW hasn't released the new schedule yet....because they may be tweaking the schedule and reducing some flights. I would think they would rather not have to cancel a flight and notify the people that were booked on that flight that they've been bumped to a different flight. Other airlines often take a lot of heat for doing just that.

just got a southwest summer sale email and rebooked one leg of our trip for $104 instead of the $122...not nearly as good as the $49 they had going on until 6/15, but it saved me $36 anyway!! :thumbsup2

cepmom said:
just got a southwest summer sale email and rebooked one leg of our trip for $104 instead of the $122...not nearly as good as the $49 they had going on until 6/15, but it saved me $36 anyway!! :thumbsup2

The Summer Sale price from BWI to MCO is slightly more than the old Internet Fare, which I already booked. I would have lost a few bucks had I waited for this sale. I'm glad it worked to your advantage, though.

I hope that the schedule extension will be released soon. I'm waiting for mid-Sept. It's only 4 months from now.

My fares from Providence to Orlando also went down to $104. How do I go about getting a refund or a credit on the 7 tickets I ordered? Thanks for any info!

shelleyz said:
My fares from Providence to Orlando also went down to $104. How do I go about getting a refund or a credit on the 7 tickets I ordered? Thanks for any info!

what I did was go to Travel Center on SW's site, click change reservation, enter the confirmation number from my confirmation email and credit card holder's name, then it asked me to choose another flight. I actually chose the same exact flight #, but under the $104 price. It then showed me the credit left over. Pretty easy! I thought I would have to cancel and rebook, but it allowed me to do it this way instead. I think it works differently for a DIng fare though.

There is someone on this board that had been succesful in getting their credit refunded, but I don't really know how it was done. I think I'll just leave the credit since DH can use it for work.

CEPMOM
It always has worked before for me but will not today. I called and they said it can't be done this way anymore with canceling and rebooking but you did????

2boyshere said:
CEPMOM
It always has worked before for me but will not today. I called and they said it can't be done this way anymore with canceling and rebooking but you did????

I originally booked two one way flights instead of round trip. Maybe that's why you can't just change the reservation like I did :confused3 I just did it this morning right before I posted so I'm not sure why they are saying you can't do it like that anymore. Did you try calling back and asking someone else? Did you already try to do it this way online and it wouldn't let you?? :confused3

I wish I could take advantage of the sale, but of course both my flight times are unavailable, the next time I book a vacation I will not book flights on the weekends! :rolleyes: The sale doesn't last very long, only to May 18th. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter