Antenna Mickey Ears

colleen costello

<font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and
OK, guys, here's what I need to know. I am curious about the little foam Mickey heads that go on the antenna of your vehicle. I got a neat red, white and blue one at the Disney Store. My husband swears this little thing will cause damage to our antenna and gripes every time I try to stick it out there! Have any of you had any "antenna trauma" from these cute little things?

What I really want to know, though, is if these get stolen. I live in a pretty safe community and a lot of folks around here don't even lock up their cars. Will my little Mickey Ears stand a chance? I hate to put them out only to lose them! I thought maybe you all would advise me.

Thanks,
Colleen

Your antenna WILL NOT suffer any trauma by putting a Mickey head on it!!!

You might suffer though if someone steals your beloved MH!...
(I lost my purple lilo and STich one at WDW! on my Birthday I might add too...I suffered much trauma....I just couldn't believe it!

I have my USA mickey on there now and he hasn't been touched at all...

Holycow

Thanks, HolyCow. I now have evidence that Mickey has left at least one vehicle unharmed. I am gonna "live on the edge" and put him out there and hope no one snatches him. Wonder if a dot of crazy glue would help? Don't tell my dh I am considering THAT!

was at mk for july 4th, picked up the same red/white/blue one at DD, had it on rental car all week, it survived, even at universal. came home put it on son's jeep, vanished in a day:( don't know about the crazy glue thing.

My mickey has been on my antenna for over a year! No harm has come to my antenna and no one has stolen him and I work downtown and park in a wide open parking lot!! I think your safe!! I love mine-make my car stand out a bit (who new everyone would buy a blue cavalier!!) and makes me happy! I say go for it! I did not have to glue my on-doesn't even come off in the car wash!

Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc

Minnie has been on my car for about 6 months and has driven to Boston and back twice a week for the last several months.....even park there and she is still there (knock on wood, lol) I do take her off in the car wash though. I have a client who has an angel on her antenna and put super glue on it and no harm or theft has come her way!

Faith, trust, and pixie dust to you!

I've had two or three and they have all been stolen off my car while I was parked at work. I work on a college campus and park in a huge lot. They never caused any sort of damage, though.

Now I want one!! Where do I get one? We don't have a Disney Store here, do I have to order online? I live in "Mayberry" :rolleyes: well, almost, so I wouldn't have to worry about theft. Ohhhh, I gotta have one:Pinkbounc

I had Minnie on for over a yr, then bought Mike (monster inc) He was gone in a week(we were out of town at a wrestling tournamant, it was stolen at the High school or at Mc donalds). Got home and put Minnie on. Within a week she was gone too. Had to be at Walmart or Publix.

My Stars & Stripes Mickey Ears has been on since 4th of July. I park all around Chicago including downtown and various criminal court building lots. I do remove him for the car wash.

This weekend I will be replacing him with my brand new orange pumpkin Mickey . . . then I have just seen the Santa Hat Mickey Ears antenna topper at the Disney store so that will probably find its way home with me sooner or later.

I take mine on and off. I don't like the way it whips my antenna around when I drive, whether or not it will cause damage. I put it (bright yellow) on when I park in large parking lots, so that it will help me distinguish my tan minivan from the thirty kazillion other tan minivans.

I also have them on the portable TV and boom box antennas at home. This after I almost put my eye out one time running into an antenna from a TV that was on the floor. It's both a safety thing and a cute decorating tool! :)

I have had my red, white and blue Mickey on my antenna for over a year and he's still there. I haven't had any problem with it and never found it to whip my antenna around. It does give my car a little bit of a distinct look when I'm looking for it in a large parking lot.

Bellefan, my Mickey ears did come from the Disney Store. It was the first time I saw them and I was smitten. They had all kinds. Minnie ones, princess ones (with bows and crowns) and my fave, the July 4th "red white and blue" ones. I think they were $3.

Sadly, I am in a "near-Mayberry" nowadays -- our mall is struggling and many of the stores, Disney included, have closed. There is another Disney Store about an hour away, in Indianapolis. I think I will have to do a Mickey-ears run up there! Something about the little things just makes me smile -- they really are cute. That's why I fear they will be stolen!

I am not sure if these are available on-line or not.

Do you have a retractable antenna??

I have a retreactable antenna (manual not auto) and I have to say that my antenna is a bit bent since I put on my mickey, or should I say since I but on and off and change my mickey toppers.

My red, white, and blue Mickey antenna topper has been safe and sound on my antenna for over a year. My antenna is one of the shorter ones that are on the rear center of the roof (the car is a VW Jetta). No damage! I am planning on getting a new one, because the colors have faded a lot.

I also put a glitter Mickey topper on DH's antenna. His is the traditional non-retractable kind. It is still there a year later, again, with no damage.

We have various ones on our car. We have Pumpkin Mickey, Santa Pooh Bear, sun Mickey, and we just bought Fantasia Mickey. None of our have been stolen...knock on wood...but we do find that when we are on the highway our antenna seems to go back alot further. It has not been bent though. We usually take it off for highway driving!
Twinz

I saw the pumpkin mickey antenna topper on a link from the DIS for autograph books. Do a "find" for autograph books and it should show you a link to "pixie shoppers". That is the only antenna topper I saw on that site.

My DH complained mickey would damage my antenna, so I gave him a black mickey to put on his car. Now he likes them. My antenna does bend quite a bit when I'm driving but no damage has come to it..I have had the stars & stripes mickey on for about a year now. He's very faded but still intact.

There's at least 5 at my job that have had mickey toppers...3 have had them stolen. For $3 each, it's worth buying extras, just in case.

:smooth:

I went ahead and put my red, white and blue Mickey out on my antenna... Now one day later he is GONE! I am so sad. I can't imagine what happened. The last time I saw him was on the way home from Walmart. Then we went to a swim-party for the kids at the local high school pool; there was hardly anyone there. I am really disappointed... If I can get more ears, they are getting glued!

Where are these available? Only at Disney Store? I will look at the link provided here earlier. I wish we could buy a whole set, with all the holiday ones. Our nearest Disney Store is now 50 miles away :( I can't believe I kept Mickey around since July, finally put him out, and he's kidnapped in one day! I also must admit that I am very suspicious about my dh, who claims he is innocent... He never wanted the thing on the antenna.

Oh, Please....do not let this be a jinx. We have the Mickey Santa for December, the red, white and blue that a friend brought from WDW and I just ordered the Mickey pumpkin from Giftsofalifetime.com It's different than the one that I saw in the Disney store....still cute. I hope they have more of them available. I like having it there and besides it helps to spot my car in a crowd. I'd like to see a set too.

I've had 2 stolen so far...I was so upset, Someone stole my fantasia hat with mm ears, I've only seen those ones in wdw. the other one was just the plain black ears, so i can replace that at the disney store...I wish people could be more honest. I have a brand new one for my upcoming trip, its the pants and top with ears(of mm) of course. I'd like to find the one with mickeys face. My DH says to put it inside the car instead, but it doesnt seem right- they are antenna toppers! oh well if dishonest people want a disney souveneir atleast they're dihonest people with good taste....:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter