• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any AmericanGirl BlackFriday Deals

goalierich

DisDad Member #12
hello folks

My dd really wants an AmericanGirl doll this year with some accessories with it. I had never shopped American girl before, so I was wondering if there would be any Black Friday deals and if so where? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This isn't actually a Black Friday deal, but I recently posted a thread on this board about a Costco AG gift card deal. I saw a bundle of 4/$25 gc's there for $79.99.

They usually do Cyber Monday deals, but also at the start of December watch for Jills Steals on Deals from they today show, they usually have a special American Girl one. Keep in mind these are usually stuff they are retiring and none of the hot new items.

Dolls are not usually on sale through American Girl.com. Occasionally there are dolls on sale through Jill's Deals or Zulily. If you are interested in getting a doll, purchase direct from American Girl so if anything is wrong with it you can return or exchange it.

I second Jill's Deals! It seems the past few years has done a really great special price for AG dolls. They sell out quick so you have to be quick on the draw :) Keep a close eye on the Today Show and some saving blogs for more info.

Some Costco stores are getting the Caroline AG doll in this Christmas with one of her dresses for $100. She is retired, so you can't buy from her collection specifically anymore, but I know when I was younger I dressed my dolls in anything I liked. :) Cyber Monday will have outfits and accessories on sale on the AG website.

ETA: Was just on Jill's facebook page and saw that she said no more AG dolls before Christmas- she replied to someone's question. Thought I'd let you know since several people recommended the Jill's Steals and Deals.

Last edited:

I haven't looked for it yet this year, but they usually have free shipping in Nov. until Black Friday, so that at least saves a little. That's how I ordered some items last yr. , and then they had Cyber Monday deals, as well as sales up until Christmas, that were very good on clothes and accessories. No sales on dolls unfortunately.

FWIW - I bit the bullet and got DD an AG doll. But I tried to offset the expense by getting all the clothes & accessories from Target, Wal-Mart or Toys R Us. Each store has a "house brand" that works great with AG dolls! Everything from cute clothes to cuter scooters.

FWIW - I bit the bullet and got DD an AG doll. But I tried to offset the expense by getting all the clothes & accessories from Target, Wal-Mart or Toys R Us. Each store has a "house brand" that works great with AG dolls! Everything from cute clothes to cuter scooters.

Be careful with off brand clothing, they can stain the doll limbs. Wash any non-American Girl clothing before putting them on your doll and be careful with off brand shoes too. Try not to leave off brands on for long periods of time.

I would never have thought of that! No issues so far but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up!

If your DD is young and won't know the difference (and you aren't opposed to it), check out eBay and craigslist. People often sell gently used AG dolls for less than retail price as long as it's not a rare/retired doll. You could also check the forums at agplaythings.com - it's a website for adult AG collectors. They have a "for sale" board and also a board where you can post a wanted ad. You'll need to register for the forum to post, but it's free and open to anyone.

I'll add for clothes - check etsy! Granted its mostly homemade clothing, PJ's etc, but they are great (I don't sew) I made sure to check the etsy sellers feedback, where they were located (some are in Hawaii, and for items to ship and get here in time for Christmas, I needed a closer etsy seller)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter