Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

So as of now it looks like I'm going to be doing Disneyland in mid November with my 13yr old while dh stays home with our 10yr old. Going with my bestie and her 13yr old son, she will be leaving her 11yr old twins at home with their dad. Not ideal as I would rather my whole family go, but I doubt very much the vaccine will be ready for the 5-11 yr olds by mid November and I'm not having her miss 2 weeks of school for a 4 night trip to Disneyland.

So those that are planning on Florida in the next few months (say prior to October) - how are you feeling with the cases increasing?

Not going to lie, it is making me a bit nervous. I will be cancelling if the mask requirement goes back in. And hubs will never know I planned the trip (well at least not until we are actually there in May).

So those that are planning on Florida in the next few months (say prior to October) - how are you feeling with the cases increasing?

Not going to lie, it is making me a bit nervous. I will be cancelling if the mask requirement goes back in. And hubs will never know I planned the trip (well at least not until we are actually there in May).

We are leaving in 3 weeks. We are a bit wary but are going to be ultra cautious once we leave the Gulf coast apartment for our stay at Universal. If we weren't all double vaxxed, we would not be going. We are going to be following covid safety protocols very closely just as we did last August when we travelled in Canada (and that was when there were no vaccines out there). Stay safe everyone!

We're going in December but would go now as we're vaccinated. That being said we will still wear our masks at times. I prefer to have it on when inside in queues and on transportation. We'll wash our hands lots too as it helps avoid catching something else also.

Going in 5 weeks. We are all fully vaxxed. I'm going to trust in that. I'm still debating if I'm going to wear masks indoors but I expect that if I am stuck indoors for long periods close to people I probably will at those times. While eating and shopping I most likely won't because I feel like I won't be stationary for long.

So as of now it looks like I'm going to be doing Disneyland in mid November with my 13yr old while dh stays home with our 10yr old. Going with my bestie and her 13yr old son, she will be leaving her 11yr old twins at home with their dad. Not ideal as I would rather my whole family go, but I doubt very much the vaccine will be ready for the 5-11 yr olds by mid November and I'm not having her miss 2 weeks of school for a 4 night trip to Disneyland.

We're tentatively planning Nov 7-12 at DL! Where are you guys staying?

We're tentatively planning Nov 7-12 at DL! Where are you guys staying?
Looks like our trips could overlap, we are planning for Nov 10-14! I've got the BWPPI booked for a great rate on hotels.ca it's now showing as sold out for our dates. I tried to get the Grand Californian when our 7 month window opened but no such luck this time around.

Looks like our trips could overlap, we are planning for Nov 10-14! I've got the BWPPI booked for a great rate on hotels.ca it's now showing as sold out for our dates. I tried to get the Grand Californian when our 7 month window opened but no such luck this time around.

We're booked at the Fairfield on Harbour right now, I got an amazing rate on Expedia but we usually stay onsite...it's really hard to talk myself into spending $669USD/night when I got the Fairfield for $191CAD/night especially since we are going ALL out next March for my 50th!

We're booked at the Fairfield on Harbour right now, I got an amazing rate on Expedia but we usually stay onsite...it's really hard to talk myself into spending $669USD/night when I got the Fairfield for $191CAD/night especially since we are going ALL out next March for my 50th!
Oh I know! I just checked the Grand for our dates and it starts at $726US/ night. Nope. You got a great rate for the Fairfield!! I got the BW for $202CAD/night which I thought was excellent considering the location.

Had you asked me three days ago id be like we are going regardless.
my littles stayed home from school all year . They have been in camp for 7 days masked and protocols .DS7 was tested yesterday for cold symptoms and thank his is negative but today most of the house is down . We went a year and a half with basically no illnesses and this just a plain old normal cold has got me rethinking . ( big kids and I are fully vaxxed ) it’s scary . Our immune systems don’t work like they used to . And seeing all the pics of a very crowded WDW, I don’t know

my littles stayed home from school all year . They have been in camp for 7 days masked and protocols .DS7 was tested yesterday for cold symptoms and thank his is negative but today most of the house is down . We went a year and a half with basically no illnesses and this just a plain old normal cold has got me rethinking . ( big kids and I are fully vaxxed ) it’s scary . Our immune systems don’t work like they used to . And seeing all the pics of a very crowded WDW, I don’t know

I’m like you. I was all ready to go. But now the way things are going in the US, increase in cases and crowded parks, no masks, it has me concerned. Not that my youngest (only one not fully vaxxed in my house) would get sick, but what a positive test would mean.

LA county in California reinstated its indoor mask mandates today , regardless if people are fully vaccinated or not. The mayor of Orlando was quoted as saying he’s very close to doing the same and that cases in Orange County ( where Disney is ) are doubled from last week and projected to continue to increase.
Things could look very different by trip time so I don’t know what to think either .

So I know the pull of Disney well...I still haven't cancelled my March Break plans. (Xmas 2021 trip got cancelled).
I have been watching our local news and see many of the usual kid viruses going around right now. I guess while we were all in lock down (online learning) and wearing masks the normal germs didn't get to the kids/us. Hugs to you TammyLynn and I hope your family gets over this fast.
I do think parents are going to have to be prepared for the Fall & Winter months for various viruses that the kids didn't get exposed to for the last year and half. So many of the viruses have similar symptoms to Covid 19 to.
I think great flexibility is necessary here ,,having the ability to cancel without loss of funds.
So I'm on the fence right now.

This is an article from the Washington Post on Viral infections and there course due to the Pandemic.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/16/increase-colds-rsv-kids/
Three things that worry me about Orlando right now
1. low uptake of Vaccine
2. No mask mandate
3. Large groups of people from all over the World

I’ll just wear a mask indoors even if not required. (Still doing that now even though all restrictions/mask mandates have lifted. I’m also fully pfizered)
I went to Florida Sept & Nov last year - Nov being when cases were very high and was OK.
I also like my bubble, so will be maintaining distance where possible.

I think for me as someone who had an AZ-Moderna combo to reach "fully vaccinated" status in Canada --- I wouldn't chance a flying trip to the US right now (had been thinking a solo F&W visit in the fall.) Too many balls in the air about the mixing and matching of vaccines which isn't accepted by CDC yet (if you had 2 mRNA's -- even a combo of Pfizer and Moderna --- you're probably okay.) But AZ with mRNA based on CDC may not make you covered if you need a US domestic flight as part of your flight.) Hopefully before our family March break trip all this is ironed out.

Last edited:
I think for me as someone who had an AZ-Moderna combo to reach "fully vaccinated" status in Canada --- I wouldn't chance a flying trip to the US right now (had been thinking a solo F&W visit in the fall.) Too many balls in the area about the mixing and matching of vaccines which isn't accepted by CDC yet (if you had 2 mRNA's -- even a combo of Pfizer and Moderna --- you're probably okay.) But AZ with mRNA based on CDC may not make you covered if you need a US domestic flight as part of your flight.) Hopefully before our family March break trip all this is ironed out.

I wouldn’t worry about mixing and going to the US. They don’t seem to want to mandate vaccines for anything. And Canada will accept the mixing coming home no problem.

I wouldn’t worry about mixing and going to the US. They don’t seem to want to mandate vaccines for anything. And Canada will accept the mixing coming home no problem.
Get that.... but right now if you go to the CDC site they don't consider AZ/mRNA as a valid combo for domestic flights where state rules may apply for avoiding testing or local quarantine in some places.... It's definitely something to consider for anyone considering a trip now that might include a domestic stop in their itinerary who have the AZ/mRNA mix. Like I said I think by March 2022 when we go on our family trip --- where we have direct flights booked --- we'll be okay.... but until there's something in writing from CDC this still could impact peoples trips. If cases increase travel in the US due to delta/llamda varients or vaccine resistance it's hard to know where this goes.

I think once there is a truly "international" vaccine passport acceptance you have to go by what's in place now.... and CDC doesn't consider mixing AZ and mRNA vaccines to be "fully vaccinated."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter