• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Delta Tips?

Troyfus

Mouseketeer
I will be taking my family to WDW for the first time this January to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We will be taking a very late flight on Delta Dec 31st. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions to make our flight more enjoyable? Other than paying a fortune or using freq flyer miles, is there a way to upgrade your seats? Any help would be appreciated.

You probably will not be able to upgrade unless you want to pay for it. Delta flights (probably all airlines) have been very full in recent months and courtesy upgrades non-existent except perhaps for the highest level frequent flyers.

I would suggest using the Delta website to check your agenda and seating assignments (you need a frequent flyer number and PIN). You can change your seat assignments online to any seat that is showing as being available. Avoid last row seats and seats in front of emergency exits as they will not recline. With a late night flight, you will WANT to recline.

Consider before you go if you are willing to be bumped for compensation. This is happening a lot recently and you are traveling during a very busy season. Some people are happy to be bumped and collect the compensation. When I flew recently, they were offering $200 towards future travel if they got you there within 4 hours of the original time and $400 if it was later than that. However, they warned that it could even mean staying overnight and flying the next day. I am ASSUMING they would pay for the hotel room as well but I'd confirm that before I took the offer.

Happy anniversary!

Peggy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter