Any feedback on Independence?

perditax

DIS Veteran
Always swore I'd never sail Royal, but an upcoming Indy sailing is lining up perfectly with some timing issues I'm having. I've never been on an older ship (on any line). Is it showing much wear?

I've been on DCL, Princess, NCL and X. X was my least favorite. My NCL cruises have mostly been good but I got sick on the last one and still have some bad mental associations. Princess had the best buffet by far. How's the buffet on Indy?

Is there a shaded adults only area where I could swim nearby? I am spoiled by the thermal suite on NCL newer ships (large indoor warm pool). I'm not a sunbather.

Is there a library or other quiet space?

Does Indy have the "good" internet?

Thanks in advance.

I sailed Independence last week, for the second time.

I've seen a couple of reviews on Cruise Critic where people complained the ship looked old. I didn't see it though, maybe I have low standards. LOL. I sailed on Freedom when she was less than a year old and I didn't notice any difference between her then and Indy now. Indy is only 6 months older than Oasis and 1 1/2 years older than Allure.

I thought the buffet was better last year, but I still had no trouble finding food I liked.

There is a covered area in the adults only Solarium. There is a pool and 2 hot tubs in the area.

There is a library on deck 7 or 8. One of the quietest spots onboard is the outside promenade deck on deck 4 on the port side. There's hardly ever anyone out there. The starboard side is the smoking section so that usually has more people.

No it doesn't have to good internet. I didn't have internet this trip but my kids said some of their friends did and it was pretty slow.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter