Any hints to make zucchini lasagna?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I made it today, and we enjoyed the taste, there was just too much liquid. I had sprinkled the zucchini with flour, laid the slices out on paper towels, allowed it to rest before cutting, but there still was way too much liquid.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

I make it often (2 here have celiac). Slice thin, salt and let sit, rinse and dry, and cook in a pan, bake in the oven, or grill. You need to cook it to get rid of more moisture. And then assemble. It’s a PITA but delicious and a family favorite.

I made it today, and we enjoyed the taste, there was just too much liquid. I had sprinkled the zucchini with flour, laid the slices out on paper towels, allowed it to rest before cutting, but there still was way too much liquid.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
cook the zucchini first
maybe just enough to give the skin a texture

I usually don't put too many slices in. I like it mixed with asiago cheese along with the other cheeses, and not too much sauce. I don't recall it being too watery or adding flour, though. I might try that next time.

I make it often (2 here have celiac). Slice thin, salt and let sit, rinse and dry, and cook in a pan, bake in the oven, or grill. You need to cook it to get rid of more moisture. And then assemble. It’s a PITA but delicious and a family favorite.
You cook the zucchini to get rid of moisture first. Then assemble and bake, is that it?

Also make the sauce thick thick thick. You can most easily achieve by using tomato paste. I’d lightly sauté onions &/or garlic, add in the paste and seasonings with some olive oil and cook on low for 10-15 minutes, scraping bottom with spatula every few minutes. Develops really nice flavor and excess liquid in lasagna will plump it up but not reach watery. Good luck sounds delicious! Have you ever tried frying the zucchini flowers?

So, today we finished it. Because the water was drained when I put it away yesterday, today’s was actually very good. I’m going to bake the zucchini as suggested before assembling the lasagna the next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter