Any killer Car rental deals for October yet????

keishashadow said:
assume you can wait for next Tuesday...

I've shaved a few more bucks off national w/code NCRLESS, now $188 for 8 days, inter. EA...it's getting there.

Wow, you got lucky again. I just put in this code, and it raised mine, Intermediate, to 347!!!

elgerber - no rhyme or reason??? maybe if you try later?

mommyRN - also might want to look into this:
Using prepay (as code, not ID) and $25 coupon off -
Alamo SUV 8 nights = $200

I hate the thought of prepaying, may consider (if it's still there later) depending on DHs call...I cannot make up my mind which lousy rate to pick.

since my week includes a holiday, your's might drop next Tuesday too with this method, up until today my rate w/WM was a better deal.:wizard:

I'm down to $188.40 this morning.... that's using the $20 e-coupon. I could get another $3.xx off if I used one of the free day coupons floating around, but I like the e-coupon. One less thing to worry about, LOL.

I'd say this is as good as it's going to get for me. :teeth:

madge said:
I'm down to $188.40 this morning.... that's using the $20 e-coupon. I could get another $3.xx off if I used one of the free day coupons floating around, but I like the e-coupon. One less thing to worry about, LOL.

congrats!

I told DH that my "best" rate was $188, he was shocked: "...it's so much more than June...", little does he know how hard I worked for that rate:rotfl:

madge said:

What contract ID did you use for that?

elgerber said:
What contract ID did you use for that?

I used the AAA Contract ID (6100253) and National's $20 e-coupon. All of the other contract IDs that have been mentioned recently gave me $212.xx or more.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I just want to say thanks to the OP and the frequent posters for helping me save on our car rental. :cool1:

We leave tomorrow and we're renting through National for 9 days at $214.07 (including tax and fees), picking up at MCO and dropping off at Cape Canaveral. I'm satisfied with that--it's a lot better than the price I started with. :eek: BTW, I used the Sam's Club ID# and National's $20 off coupon.

Hope you all have wonderful trips and a smooth car rental process! :teeth:

dis ms. said:
I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I just want to say thanks to the OP and the frequent posters for helping me save on our car rental. :cool1:

We leave tomorrow and we're renting through National for 9 days at $214.07 (including tax and fees), picking up at MCO and dropping off at Cape Canaveral. I'm satisfied with that--it's a lot better than the price I started with. :eek: BTW, I used the Sam's Club ID# and National's $20 off coupon.

Hope you all have wonderful trips and a smooth car rental process! :teeth:

have a safe trip! we leave tomorrow, too! :cool1:

I'm sure I'll check National at least once more tonight ;)

madge said:
have a safe trip! we leave tomorrow, too! :cool1:

I'm sure I'll check National at least once more tonight ;)

LOL! Me, too.

keishashadow said:
mommyRN - also might want to look into this:
Using prepay (as code, not ID) and $25 coupon off -
Alamo SUV 8 nights = $200
I'm a bit slow - can you explain how to use prepay as a code. When I click on it on the Alamo website they fill it in as the contract ID #. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help! I'm so jealous you leave so soon! I still have 1 1/2 weeks!

elgerber said:
We'll be in between, on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need to finish packing!!!

I just checked ...www.weather.com and the next week's forecast looks AWESOME! :sunny:

I've also checked Albertson's site to see what groceries are on sale, LOL

madge said:
I just checked ...www.weather.com and the next week's forecast looks AWESOME! :sunny:

You are so organized! I'm jealous. Good luck on your trip! I hope you have a magical time! Thanks for all the tips on this thread!

mommy*RN said:
You are so organized! I'm jealous. Good luck on your trip! I hope you have a magical time! Thanks for all the tips on this thread!

thanks! :teeth: I couldn't sleep at all last night... I felt like the little boy in the commercial, "I'm too excited to sleep"! LOL! I tried one last time to price a rental, but it had already kicked over to rentals beginning October 6, LOL.

I'll be back before you leave, I think.... but you guys have a great time, too! You'll love PO-R!

madge said:

You're too funny! I shipped down our cereal and pop tarts last Friday, with our costumes and stuff, and our Netgrocer order with our water and juice is already at the BWV waiting for us!

mommy*RN said:
I'm a bit slow - can you explain how to use prepay as a code. When I click on it on the Alamo website they fill it in as the contract ID #. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help! I'm so jealous you leave so soon! I still have 1 1/2 weeks!

I left the contract id block empty & just put the code (pqvw) & costco (I think) coupon code of AD1336ADK & mid-size SUV priced out @ $200. Haven't tried yet today (sigh!), will post back if I do get a better rate. Without prepay, I'm still sitting on $212 w/WM code.

You guys are so organized, I'm still washing clothes to pack, just got suitcases down from attic. Only thing that saves me is that I keep our toiletries bag always pre-loaded since we travel alot.

keishashadow said:
I left the contract id block empty & just put the code (pqvw) & costco (I think) coupon code of AD1336ADK & mid-size SUV priced out @ $200. Haven't tried yet today (sigh!), will post back if I do get a better rate. Without prepay, I'm still sitting on $212 w/WM code.

You guys are so organized, I'm still washing clothes to pack, just got suitcases down from attic. Only thing that saves me is that I keep our toiletries bag always pre-loaded since we travel alot.
Thanks Keishashadow! I tried it and it did give a good rate...just the same as what I have booked right now :) ! I appreciate your help though! I meant to get back here sooner and wish you a good trip...but I've been dreadfully ill the last 3 days with high fevers and a lung infection. I hope you have a fantastic trip :goodvibes I'm sending you happy thoughts since you left today! :goodvibes

Anyone else leaving later this month having any luck with car rentals?

mommy*RN said:
Thanks Keishashadow! I tried it and it did give a good rate...just the same as what I have booked right now :) ! I appreciate your help though! I meant to get back here sooner and wish you a good trip...but I've been dreadfully ill the last 3 days with high fevers and a lung infection. I hope you have a fantastic trip :goodvibes I'm sending you happy thoughts since you left today! :goodvibes

Anyone else leaving later this month having any luck with car rentals?

Nope, nothing great. We leave next Saturday and I settled for National for $347 total for 2 weeks, intermediate price (Executive Aisle). I could've gone with Dollar and saved $40, but decided to stick with National this time. I'm guaranteed a full size on the Executive Aisle, so maybe I'll get lucky with a better than. There are only two of us, so no big deal either way. The rates are high all around, and don't think we're going to see any drops now. Actually, when I enter my info the price is higher now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter