Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

I booked a compact and it came back sayign emerald reserve. I
called National and asked if I needed to go to the counter. He said no, just go right out just like Emeral Aisle. There is just a different section for the compact cars.

Does this sound right?

Yes, if your reservation says Emerald Reserve for your compact, you go right to the garage and pick out a car in the compact aisle.
If you booked an intermediate, you go to the Emerald Aisle..
just look at the signs in the garage.

For those of you using the National Visa mystery code in February, can you please report back? I'd like to know if this code works. One thought is that this code is only for a specific type of Visa card and won't work with others. But I'm crossing my fingers....

Yes, if your reservation says Emerald Reserve for your compact, you go right to the garage and pick out a car in the compact aisle.
If you booked an intermediate, you go to the Emerald Aisle..
just look at the signs in the garage.

I'm having a blond moment but what the heck is the difference really? Does "Aisle" just mean intermediate? I always book a full size Emerald Reserve but if a luxury car is in the full size space can I use it? Really if you book "Aisle" are they going to stop you if you decide you want a compact?

I called customer service to be sure that everything was ok. He looked at the res. and assured me that all was fine.

I asked him if I could use any credit card to pay for this, since it was a Visa ID, and he said "yes, it doesn't matter what card I use".

Then I asked about all the insurance that comes with it. He said "Yes, just like the res. says".

He actually got a little annoyed and acted like I couldn't read or something.
The res. is what it says, it's good for what it says, and no where does it say you must use a certain credit card to use this reservation.

Although....since I have that option, I am going to use my visa card. Why not give them the business since they are getting us a good deal?

As far as the Isle vs Reserve, (Compact), If you book Isle, and choose a compact, they won't care. We did that a few years ago with a Corolla and the woman at the window told us we could have chosen an intermediate as that what we paid for. (Don't ask me why we did this, I guess we just wanted to try out a Corolla at the time.)

But if you reserve a Compact, and choose an upgraded car (intermediate) from Isle, they probably won't allow it.

The last two times I called Alamo (last year) the man was pretty rude to me too.

I tried using this code for a late June rental and on a Standard SUV, but it's telling me it's not valid.

For those of you using the National Visa mystery code in February, can you please report back? I'd like to know if this code works. One thought is that this code is only for a specific type of Visa card and won't work with others. But I'm crossing my fingers....

I just came across this code from reading the last few posts and I plugged it in for my dh's trip to Tampa in March....got his rate to drop from almost $300 to $138 for an intermediate! Where is this code from? I was pretty happy to come across it!

I'm using our Marriott Visa and it worked for that card.

Thanks!

Another one here whose rate went way down with the 8572987 code. It went from $415 to $267 for mid-October, 1 week minivan rental. I could not use the National coupon since the one I saw was for travel before June. We do have an entertainment book so I used the $20 off. I will keep watching for the National coupons too.

I also noticed that the confirmation lists almost no taxes. About $9 for sales tax and $3 for taxes surcharges and fees. My other reservation had taxes/surcharges/fees of $76. Also the confirmation reads Estimated charges are confirmed based on the information you have provided; only taxes, fees, and surcharges are subject to change. This worries me a little bit.

Guess I will be able to see over the next few months if this works out for people. It is a great rate!

Laura

The taxes were included in the price for that code along with insurance.
A friend of mine will be picking a car up in Orlando tonight using this code (8572987) and the National $30 coupon. I made the reservation for him a couple of weeks ago. He's going to call tomorrow and let me know if he had any problems with it. I also made him a backup reservation with Alamo, just in case.
I have a car reserved with the same code and coupon for Feb 27 so I want to make sure it works or else I'll have to make another reservation.
I'll let you know how he made out when I hear from him. :)

Just signed up for Emerald Aisle to by-pass the counter lines. We want to add an additional driver (another reason we signed up for Emerald Aisle) and it looks like we will have to go to the counter anyway to add the additional driver. I wanted to check with everyone here. Can we add an additional driver without going up to the counter?

Can we add an additional driver without going up to the counter?

It all depends on who your additional driver is. If it is your spouse, just tell them at the exit booth that your spouse would like to be listed as an additional driver, spouse will need to show their license. I also rented a car with my boss in November and she was able to be listed as a free additional driver. The gate agent has tried to charge me the additional driver fee, so you may have to remind the gate agent that it is a perk of Emerald Club.

For those wondering about the $35 coupon code, we used it last night at MCO no questions asked. HTH!!

:thumbsup2

Is that 8572987 just if you pay with a visa? I don't have a Visa was going to pay with my AMEX.. will I have issues if I use this code??

Is that 8572987 just if you pay with a visa? I don't have a Visa was going to pay with my AMEX.. will I have issues if I use this code??

According to the call I made the other day, it doesn't matter which card you pay with.

My suggestion is to call them with your reservation number and ask.

we used an AmEx code last year, & when i pulled the "stack" of CCs out of my bag, the counterperson stated that she could only take an AmEx for payment (yes, we had one:) ).
do you have a debit card with the visa logo? else, you might want to make a back-up ressie, just in case (it's very possible you might not be asked for an AmEx, but it could be a very sad & expensive "lesson" if you are).

thanks for all the awesome codes!! we aren't going till dec so the $35 code won't work for us, but the other one sure does!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we used an AmEx code last year, & when i pulled the "stack" of CCs out of my bag, the counterperson stated that she could only take an AmEx for payment (yes, we had one:) ).
do you have a debit card with the visa logo? else, you might want to make a back-up ressie, just in case (it's very possible you might not be asked for an AmEx, but it could be a very sad & expensive "lesson" if you are).

No I don't have that, up in Canada we don't have debit cards with any CC logo.. I only have an Amex card so I guess I should not try it.. it is better to be safe then have to pay walk up rates on that day!

For those wondering about the $35 coupon code, we used it last night at MCO no questions asked. HTH!!

Thanks, I was too chicken to use it for our January trip, and we had three vehicles rented. We have been waiting for someone to be brave enough to use this coupon code without the coupon. Thanks again :thumbsup2

We are using the "magic" code -8572987 - this Thursday night when we pick up our rental. I have called National twice, and both times have been assured that the VISA code is good - we are paying with a VISA also. Will let you know on Friday evening how it goes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter