Any news on Jaleo opening in Disney Springs?

No, just March. However, on their website, I was able to book a dinner for 12 people on March 09. It was a little weird though and I don't actually think I reserved anything at all. It was on their corporate site, (not sure how I got there), and it allowed me to reserve a "corporate" party. Well not actually reserve, but in effect, make a request for someone to get back to me. We'll see.
Thanks for the info!! Looks really close now!

No, just March. However, on their website, I was able to book a dinner for 12 people on March 09. It was a little weird though and I don't actually think I reserved anything at all. It was on their corporate site, (not sure how I got there), and it allowed me to reserve a "corporate" party. Well not actually reserve, but in effect, make a request for someone to get back to me. We'll see.
This is the JA site I normally check and as things stand now Orlando doesn't show up in the drop down box for locations in Reservations:(

https://www.jaleo.com/location/orlando-jaleo/

I love Spanish food but not sure how a tapas dominated menu will work esp with DDP. I know it didn't work for Spice Road Table in Epcot but that was Med-inspired food choices and in park without the drop in traffic of Dis Springs. Hoping it will be an interesting mix with some tapas that will be easy on the wallet plus a few solid entree plates for DDP and others who want a full meal. I've been checking out the menu for the newish Wolfgang Puck restaurant and they seem to be walking the line between the two extremes. All the new eateries at Dis Springs are a huge & positive plus.

Well Winter 2019 doesn't end until the 20th sooooo they met that deadline, LOL.
Already set my phone notification for the 17th.

I can't say anything about if the restaurants will be a part of the DDP or not but having eaten at some of his restaurants in DC area I'm looking forward to trying the food at DS.

We are here now. Mid March. It’s not open and no date shown for opening. Just coming soon
There are articles in the local media:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/foo...ney-springs-jaleo-opening-20190314-story.html

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...ant-jaleo-opens-at-disney-springs-this-sunday

Jaleo will be open for dinner at Disney Springs starting March 17, but their lunch service will start later this month. Pepe will be open for lunch and dinner starting March 17.

I love Spanish food but not sure how a tapas dominated menu will work esp with DDP. I know it didn't work for Spice Road Table in Epcot but that was Med-inspired food choices and in park without the drop in traffic of Dis Springs. Hoping it will be an interesting mix with some tapas that will be easy on the wallet plus a few solid entree plates for DDP and others who want a full meal. I've been checking out the menu for the newish Wolfgang Puck restaurant and they seem to be walking the line between the two extremes. All the new eateries at Dis Springs are a huge & positive plus.

The preliminary menu posted on DFB and other sites looks very similar to the Las Vegas Jaleo (ie, higher prices than the DC/VA locations). The VAST menu looks fantastic; just be prepared for an expensive experience ($13 for soup, tapas mostly $12-$24, large plates $46-$83, two tasting menus $85/$120). Definitely "signature" pricing. However, paella is reasonably priced at $29-$37 (serves 2). Based on his other restaurants, this should be one of the best in WDW.

Please tell me where you see it on Open Table. Trying to book March 17 (on Open Table) and don't see it listed
It's not set up at opentable yet. According to one of the articles:

"OpenTable reservations will be available on March 17."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter